What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"John Allyn Smith Sails" (live) by Okkervill River

If you've never heard this song, please listen to the end. Even my wife Brenda, who'd never heard it before, sang the last verse in toto.

But you stole it from me first, and Spoon's producer is this cool dude (John Croslin) from Zeitgeist I've been playing on vinyl lately, but I can't find Zeitgeist's two best songs, "Freight Train Rain" and "Araby" on youtube. Zeitgeist had to change their name to the The Reivers for legal reasons, but I still have their terrific debut on vinyl under the Zeitgeist logo. Pshaw!

Really like Silver Apples, especially Contact but the other ones are good too. Like the Dog Faced Hermans too but it has been a while. Not crazy about Simon Finn or that kind of music in general.

I've not really listened to the others. What is akt?

oh yeah:
akt are a brazilian new wave band of the 80s. unfortunately nothing i could find on youtube.

that colourbox song is awesome.

Hey Garrett and lines, what do you think of this one?
"All the People I Like are Those that are Dead" by Felt
it's catchy. if i had some of their stuff i'd probably listen to it.

how's this?

gogogo airheart - when the flesh hits

I was lucky enough to see Cheap Trick live in the 1970s, and it was a tremendous concert experience. Nerdy-lookin' Rick Nielsen certainly started out as terrific songwriter and a Gonzo Guitar God.

"Oh Candy" by Cheap Trick

The People's Republic of Clogher
Sisters of Mercy - Dr Jeep

Po-faced Goths they may have been but I loved The Sisters and, because YouTube is ace, immediately got reminded of this gang of chancers:

The Mission - Deliverance

Mark may have been contented with Cheap Trick but I had to content myself with spending a fair few gigs within sweating distance of Wayne Hussey...

Fairy rings and circles of stone, my arse!

I went to listen to this and YouTube yanked the one I had on here. So heres another one from YouTube...

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im listening to my wife drilling my mother-in-laws safe as it has stopped working

Happy New Year from Philly!
I'm listening to my bf jabber on the phone. The man can talk!

Katsimbalis Lives!