Getting Married!

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
So yeah, I've been gone a long time, but I'm back for now anyways. At the request of Yoda, I'm posting about whats happened to me in the last year, namely, I got engaged to be married.

I met my fiancee, Caitlin, at my old work. She was a regular customer, she was cute, funny, outgoing, and totally original, and we talked a lot untill one of us had the nerve to ask the other out, which admittedly, was her. I said yes, and one year later, we're still together. Ok, it wasn't THAT easy, no. We had our fights, we broke up, got back together, had good times and bad times, but we pulled it together.

My big plan was to propose to her on Christmas eve, but that got pushed up cause she was impatient. I'd put the ring (which had originally belonged to my mother) at the bottom of a christmas stocking along with some candy canes, a bag of Lindt truffles, a copy of the novel New Moon, and a matchbox mercedes. I put a card on the top that read "Don't even THINK of opening till Christmas," and hung it on the coat hook in our apartment. She couldn't wait till christmas, so it happened on the 23rd, instead. We spent Christmas eve with my parents who loved her a lot, and then Christmas day with her folks who love me.

I'm nervous, but excited. Tentatively, the date is December 10th, 2010. We haven't set that in stone yet. My best man will probably be my best friend Brian, and her Maid of Honor will be our mutual friend Lydia. (we also both agreed that we're going to Key West for our Honeymoon)

I'll still be around on MoFo, but if I'm busy, I won't be. Depends on how hectic planning gets.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Thanks for posting this, MP. It's great news; congratulations. I hope you'll come back and post photos of the ceremony if you get a chance. Pretty funny that she ended up ignoring the warning and getting the ring early. Do you think she knew, or at least suspected, what was in there?

By the by, we're actually getting married around the same time; I got engaged a few months ago and am tying the knot in September.

Oh cool... your fiancé is named Caitlin... with an 'i'... but still... she's got to be okay...

Congratulations MP... I am very happy for you both...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
So, is Caity all comfy with y'all being a fire-breathing dragon and already having little godzies? I don't mess around with the idea that Godzilla might be ambisexual, but it sounds kinda exciting to me. Congrats and Best Wishes to you and all yours.

I am half agony, half hope.
Congratulations, MP. I love hearing these kinds of stories, they give me the warm fuzzies.

Johann von Goethe

I'm not old, you're just 12.
So, is Caity all comfy with y'all being a fire-breathing dragon and already having little godzies? I don't mess around with the idea that Godzilla might be ambisexual, but it sounds kinda exciting to me. Congrats and Best Wishes to you and all yours.
She says she's perfectly ok with that.

The People's Republic of Clogher
BTW, shouldn't your location now read "found in america"?
But hopefully not 'trapped'.

Here's to a lifetime of good times. Congratulations.

WOOOTTTT!!!! I'm a sucker for happy endings and good beginnings!!! May your life together be filled with all the colors of the rainbow...

A system of cells interlinked
Wow ! Congrats! A happy story for the holidays!

That's great news! And it sure would be fun to have you back on the board from time to time. Just fantastic.

I don't mess around with the idea that Godzilla might be ambisexual, but it sounds kinda exciting to me.
To me, too! Godzilla's got a BIG, hot mouth!

Congratulations, Monk!