A Bowling for Columbine Review

→ in
Tools    

Originally Posted by Karl Childers
I think stupidity should be banned worldwide. Actually, I don't. People have a right to be stupid.

Congratulations.
Karl, Karl, just because I don't agree with you or anyone who likes guns dosen't mean i am stupid

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
This movie was a joke in in bad taste as exploiting the misfortunes of school shooting victims. If MIchael Moore cared about anything beyond his wallet he would make a film that would be less insulting and try to find answers.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
----------------------------------------------------------------------Did I read your post right, did you say there isn't a gun problem? But there is a violence problem? So what does that mean, there is a brass-knuckle problem, get serious. We are the most violent nation on Earth, 11k gun related deaths with the second highest nation being Britian with 600 thats a big problem.
I know this is an old post and not directed toward me, but the problem is not the guns but the desire for violence. Guns and violence are not inherently synonymous. Guns are a means to achieve violence, but the desire and the will to commit it and the act are the problems not the tool. Yes it is true, guns make it more easy to commit violence, but an inanimate object is not by nature good or evil.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Michael Moore's film Bowling for Columbine is an extremely powerful editorial on the culture of fear and violence we as Americans live in. I literally had to laugh at some of this to keep from crying. This film transcends the usual Liberal vs. Conservative arguments and asks us all to just be human beings, show compassion for one another. The film targets politicians of all parties, presidents, (both Bush and Clinton equally get criticized), and war-mongers of all stripes, and says things that need saying. I think this is an important film that too many will write off as "Liberal," but I think it's more "Humanitarian." I recommend that everyone watch it with an open mind, even the right-wing Bush-ites, and really think about what it says.
So, 10 years on, what has changed?

Bumpen this thread because i think Moores question has yet to be answered convincingly which is, What is it exactlty about Americans that makes then hundered times more violent in attempts at conflict resolutution than any other non 3rd world citizenry ?

What is it?

Its not the movies or the music or the video games, and it certainly wouldnt be the blood soaked history.

if it was, the UK and Japan has some serious explainen to do.

So, what is it?