Alita: Battle Angel (2018)

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
he put some unknown guy to direct it (let's see if they manage to pull this off), I have very high hopes for this movie actually.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/4059568
Does everyone know that the director is Robert Rodriguez?

Let's see if it doesn't bomb like Ghost in the Shell. Although the Japanese people liked the GitS hollywood movie.

Her eyes look weird though. Big eyes in manga/anime look ok because it's an abstract medium but in film it looks weird, her face reminds of an insect. I think the movie might bomb just because of that.

live action anime eyes are not so good looking

You can't win an argument just by being right!
This looks pretty amazing to me.

I'll be honest I've seen this trailer via Robert Rodriguez's facebook page and I was almost vomiting at how grotesque this movie looks. It just makes me miss when RR made films that weren't so CGI and crowd pleasing (if that's even possible with a movie that looks like it's using an old MAC imovie software to make the eyes big like some iphone app for taking selfies. Yeesh!

I'll be honest I've seen this trailer via Robert Rodriguez's facebook page and I was almost vomiting at how grotesque this movie looks. It just makes me miss when RR made films that weren't so CGI and crowd pleasing (if that's even possible with a movie that looks like it's using an old MAC imovie software to make the eyes big like some iphone app for taking selfies. Yeesh!
Oh LOL! I wish you hadnt reminded me of that FB app. Nightmares, and I hadnt even thought of that. Flock I cant stand selfy crap.

Oh LOL! I wish you hadnt reminded me of that FB app. Nightmares, and I hadnt even thought of that. Flock I cant stand selfy crap.
Yeah, I was actually surprised that a movie is being made like this in today's technologically advanced state. I thought a gimmick like big eyes would be appealing back in 2009 maybe, but not now. How is this even possible that this idea got past the demo vfx stages? lol..

Yeah, I was actually surprised that a movie is being made like this in today's technologically advanced state. I thought a gimmick like big eyes would be appealing back in 2009 maybe, but not now. How is this even possible that this idea got past the demo vfx stages? lol..
Appealing to the Japanesemarket? Are they into this stuff still? First timeI saw the big eye thing was way way back last century. Never seems to die.

Appealing to the Japanesemarket? Are they into this stuff still? First timeI saw the big eye thing was way way back last century. Never seems to die.
There's some psychology behind big eyes, I'm sure. I'm also sure it's as shallow as it looks, and probably also plays into the ancient drawings of space visitors or figures from Egyptian times, lol. To me it just looks like a cheap iphone app. I'm sure IMAX will be all booked up for this important piece of american film making.

Welcome to the human race...
Are you implying a B-movie can't be great?
It's Zotis. I'd be surprised if he said they could.

That being said, I'm kind of whatever about the trailer, but we'll see if I end up seeing it anyway.

live action anime eyes are not so good looking
Well I guess it shows a fundamental misunderstanding of animation. It's like making a live action Simpson movie with CGI that looks like this:

Its called stylization!

Manga:

The movie:

What? They are trying to copy the proportions of the face in the manga but it doesn't work mixed with realism. She is also the only character in the movie with superdeformed eyes though. But in the manga most female characters were similarly deformed.

It's Zotis. I'd be surprised if he said they could.

That being said, I'm kind of whatever about the trailer, but we'll see if I end up seeing it anyway.
You should read the manga, one of the greatest comics ever made.

There's some psychology behind big eyes, I'm sure. I'm also sure it's as shallow as it looks, and probably also plays into the ancient drawings of space visitors or figures from Egyptian times, lol. To me it just looks like a cheap iphone app. I'm sure IMAX will be all booked up for this important piece of american film making.
I'm sure there's some psychology behind liking big eyes as well. I remember reading an article about kids liking puppies with really big eyes but forget the content.

Welcome to the human race...
One thing I did notice is that this really doesn't look like any other Rodriguez movie I've seen, which is a real double-edged sword because him avoiding the aesthetic shortcomings caused by his typical DIY approach ironically ends up looking like a generically slick blockbuster. He just can't seem to win.

Some animation has just come on tv. They have stupidly large eyes as well. And pipsqueak voices.