The Gunslinger45's Top 10 Favorite Movie Opening Songs

Tools    

1. Cancion del Mariachi (Morena di Mi Corezon) by Antonio Banderes and Los Lobos - Desperado

I love the movie Desperado, and this is the best way to open it. For a film based around a mariachi who kills drug dealers you need a few things. You need to have a catchy song, hire a great band, get a lead actor who can sing, have a little action with the song and you have my personal favorite opening song to a movie. It establishes the mood of the film by having lots of energy, further enhances El Mariachi’s rep as an asskicker, and it serves as a lead into his origin story. I mean you have Banderes in his scorpion jacket knocking the crap out of a guy with his guitar, and he just keeps playing. Just a lot of fun for one of the best action movies ever.

Nice list bud, and nice idea for a list too.

Getting my imagination going for making an individual list of my own

Desperado is one that always misses my top 100 for some reason, not sure why though. Great movie, great scene too...
Yeah it is a great scene. One of the more memorable opening scenes. So badass too.

Thanks for stopping by everyone and checking out my list. Hope ya liked it!

As soon as I saw this thread, I thought of The End. That's probably my favorite so I'm glad you included it.

For Whom the Bell Tolls may be my favorite Metallica song so nice to see that too.

My other favorites are Body Talk, Shakedown, and Ghostbusters.

Cool stuff bud!

As soon as I saw this thread, I thought of The End. That's probably my favorite so I'm glad you included it.

For Whom the Bell Tolls may be my favorite Metallica song so nice to see that too.

My other favorites are Body Talk, Shakedown, and Ghostbusters.

Cool stuff bud!
Great minds think alike! Glad ya liked it!