The Gunslinger45's Top 10 Favorite Video Games

Tools    

X-Box

Favorite Characters:
Khajiit Assassin with the Morag Tong
Orc Warrior with the Fighters Guild
Brenton Battle Mage with the House Telvanni

Holy crap this game was huge! One of the biggest and best RPGs I have ever played! Endless possibilities for characters and playthroughs! We played this on the X-Box, and the only down side to this game was the more factions you joined for one character, the more glitches you got. Which sucked, so you could only really do one house or guild plus the main quest per character. But that was okay for me, since that meant more characters to create, and infinite replay value.

My first crack at the game was an Orc warrior. It was an easy way for me to get a feel for the world, as well as step into the world as an uber badass. Give me some half decent armor and an axe, and I will f*** s*** up! I also played a Brenton Battle Mage so I can mess stuff up melee style as well as use magic. But starting off was a bit of a pain. But once I leveled up I was pretty badass. And I liked the House Telvanni because I really liked the looks of their houses. And you do get one when you get far enough in their quests.

But my favorite character was my Khajiit Assassin. I read a lot of guides and FAQs on GameFAQs and a lot of them would say that the Khajiits were one of the worst races to play. I have no idea where they got that idea, since this was one of if not my best character! I loved the fact that I could still rule in melee combat but the stealth aspect added so much to my game play! I stuck to keeping three daggers on hand. One was the dagger the head of the Morag Tong gave you (which did wicked damage), Mehrunes Razor, and a glass dagger. I also carried darts and throwing stars for the occasional range attack, but I usually just stuck to sneaking up on them close for the kill. Throw in a few special items like The Ring of the Khajiit and the occasional Chameleon spell and I was a stealth master! Khajiits are awesome! My favorite race in Morrowind!

I also played an Imperial for the Legion, an Argonian for the Imerial Cult, a Dark Elf for the Mage Guild and a Wood Elf for the Thieves Guild. They were fun too, but nowhere near as fun as the others. I never played the Temple or the other two houses. Especially Hlaalu. Mostly since there was that one guy who I distinctly felt like he wanted to put his hands on my naughty box. Even more fun was when I got to play the expansion packs on the X-Box. Killing Dark Brotherhood as the Morag Tong never felt sweeter.

PC and PS2

Favorite Weapon: Assault Shotgun

Full Weapon Set: Dragon Tooth’s Sword, Stun Baton, Pistol, Mini-Crossbow, Assault Rifle, Assault Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Tear Gas, LAMs, and EMP Grenades

Preferred Skills: Pistol, Rifle, Low Tech, Demolition, Medicine, Lock Pick, Electronics

Preferred Augs: Run Silent, Enhanced Vision, Combat Strength, Power Recirculator, Regeneration, Environmental Resistance, Cloak, Ballistic Protection, Aggressive Defense System

I have never been a big subscriber to conspiracy theories. I do not buy into the BS the 9/11 truthers, birthers, or people who insist that Oliver Stone’s JFK is a documentary believe in. And while I am at it I think Jesse Ventura is batsh!t insane and a real bastard for suing the widow of a dead SEAL because the guy said he punched Ventura at a SEALs wake. But some conspiracy theories make for one HELL of a video game! A game that combines the character building and customization aspects of a RPG with the playability of a first person shooter. Set in a dystopian near future, the UN has taken over the USA and you play an agent for UNATCO. As you progress on in your question to fight domestic terrorists, you fall deeper into the rabbit hole that includes nefarious people who run FEMA, the Illuminati, Majestic 12, man made plagues, and even Rosewell Grays.

Like an RPG, you choose how to play. A stealth character, a Rambo-esque tank, or a combo of the two. And just like an RPG, the choices you make affect your play through. Choices you make determine what certain NPCs think about you, what special bonuses they give you, and even effect future missions. You choose what skills you want to invest in. If you want to be a heavy weapons kind of guy, go for it. If you want to go the sniper/stealth route, do it. Demolitions expert? Do it. Hacker? Hell yeah! Combo of many roles? Always an option! You determine how you play! I myself balanced stealth with various rifles. Sneak up and either knock them out with the stun baton or crossbow, but when stealth fails I can unload with a hail of bullets and buckshot! Even the ending is up to you, as it gives you three different choices on how to end the game.

My brother and I played, and replayed this game many times on both the PC and the PS2. But the PC was far superior since you could do so much more on the PC then with the PS2 in terms of level design. For the PS2 they had to cut certain levels up just so they could be playable. Either way, this was a fantastic game with really awesome features! Features that got largely cut out of the mediocre sequel. But the first game still remains supreme. A game only out beaten by my all time favorite game…

Gameboy and Gameboy Color

Favorite Pokemon: Feraligatr

Other favorites in no particular order: Primeape, Dragonite, Golem, Scyther, Espeon, Arbok, Pikachu, Raichu, Articuno, Gyarados, Charizard, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Blastoise, Venusaur, Arcanine, Nidoking, Marowak, Exeggutor, Ninetales, Beedrill, Pidgeot, Fearow, Alakazam, Onix, Sandslash, Hitmonlee, Machamp, Mewtwo, Aerodactyl, Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Umbreon, Houndoom, Ursaring, Tyranitar, Steelix

Starting in middle school and on through high school I was a full fledged PokeManiac! I had the games, I watched the show (even though it was crap) and I constantly played and replayed Generation 1 to death, as well as played Gen 2 even more when that came out!

I first made the jump into Pokemon in middle school. I kept seeing the commercial for the game as well as hearing the buzz from friends at school. So since I had a Gameboy, I figured I would buy a copy. Bought a copy of Pokemon Red (because it had a big ass dragon on the cover). I choose Charmander as my starter, and I played the game for like an hour and 30 minutes and I knew I would be hooked. I played this game A LOT. My Gameboy was a constant companion in middle school. My favorites ranged from Charizard (my favorite of the starters), the legendary Articuno (who was a constant addition to my line up after I first caught it), the electrifying Raichu, to the humble Arbok. Who if you used Wrap and Toxic in Red was actually a really bitchen Pokemon. Part of the replay value for me was to restart the game after I beat it and try again with a different starter and or a different team. Frequent trade outs were for certain fire types like Arcanine to various ground types. I also remember the Safari zone and the ever frustrating attempts to catch a f***ing Tauros! I never even caught one without a Game Shark until Silver and Gold! 8 badges plus the Elite Four made for plenty of play time. But things only got better.

When Gen 2 came out, the game was changed. I played the game with all three starters in Red and Blue, I only played with one starter in Gold and Silver. That was with my favorite Pokemon Feraligatr, the final evolution of Totodile. And while there was not as many awesome new Pokemon, the new ones were premo stuff. Not to mention the new types Steel and Dark. And bug and fighting types became even more important than before. You still get to fight Team Rocket, save the day and be the big hero and you still have a douche for a rival. In fact he was a bigger douche then Gary since he was also a thief. It was also a BIG bonus that after you beat the 8 gyms in Johto, beat the Elite 4, and the Champion Lance you get to travel back to Kanto. Back to Kanto to beat the first 8 gyms and then to fight the Supreme Champion (who is essentially Ash). So I got twice the game play for the price of one. Sure they closed down the Safari Zone in Fuschia City, but there were still places to go and people to beat.

Overall t was just an incredibly addictive game! Lots of replay value, loads of side quests, lots of time to raise Pokemon, and endless combinations for a team of six or a potential reserve force. If I were to ever get back into video games, this would be the game to get me to come back.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I haven't played the game, but my niece is addicted to anything Pokemon. She collects all the toys, plays all the games, watches all the cartoons, etc. She knows the names of all the characters, and she loves talking about anything Pokemon.

Let the night air cool you off
I've probably played the Pokemon games more than any other games. The only ones I can think of that could rival hours spent on them would be GTA or NCAA Football games.

Have you played Max Payne 2, Gunslinger? I haven't played the first but I absolutely loved the second. One of my all-time favorites, no doubt.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave

You just earned yourself one of these buddy

I love you man. And there is nothing you could do or say for the rest of your life that would stop me loving you. No matter the nautre of the list (films, songs, video games etc) I'm not sure I've ever been happier with a pick than this one. Growing up I freaking loved this game. In terms of how much I cared about it this would definitely have to be my favourite game ever. I actually replayed it a couple of years back on an emulator and had such a blast revisitng it.

You have excellent taste in video games, Gunslinger. It's a shame you only chose to share 10 of your favorites instead of 20 or more, since I really enjoyed this list and your write-ups.

I'm not sure if I ever played Turtles in Time or not, but I definitely played some TMNT side-scrolling beat-em-ups on the NES. Never played Deus Ex, but it sounds awesome. And I just recently started playing Skyrim, which is the first Elder Scrolls game I've ever played, and I'm loving it. I might go back and check out earlier games in the series once I'm finished with it.

Super Mario World and Resident Evil 2 are also favorites of mine. And I'm a HUGE fan of the Mortal Kombat series, which remain my favorite fighting games of all time. The first one is probably my favorite due to the nostalgia factor, but I also spent a lot of time playing Mortal Kombat II. Great characters, great finishers. Scorpion and Liu Kang were my favorite characters to play with. And the movie remains one of my favorite guilty pleasures. I even had a Mortal Kombat shirt as a kid that I used to wear all the time.

Loved all of the games i've played there. Super Mario World and Resident Evil 2 are easily the best of both series, even though i love Resi 3. Never played Morrowind but i've played Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout 3 (probably my fav game) and Fallout: New Vegas from Bethesda. I should try Deus Ex, but you're right you can't go wrong with Pokemon .