Monkeypunch recasts the X-Men too...

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I love this sort of thread, and as long as Sleezy is not offended by me running with his idea, here's my X-men cast...

Let's start off with who would be on the team. I'd have the classic Chris Claremont/John Byrne X-men of Cyclops, Jean Grey, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Storm, and Kitty Pryde. But I'd make a few additions to said cast, certainly.

Professor X - James Macavoy

Okay, I'm keeping him. Why? Cause he was awesome in First Class. I'd make him shave his head though. I want my Professor X bald.

Cyclops - Aaron Taylor-Johnson

I loved this guy in Godzilla. And he's shown he can do action in Kick Ass. He's a good everyman/reluctant hero type actor, and he'd make a great Scott Summers.

Jean Grey - Emma Watson

Okay, I went back and forth on this one, but in the end, I'd totally go with Emma Watson. She's a good actress, she can portray both determination and vulnerability, and she's pretty damn adorable. I can't think of a better choice.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Colossus - Channing Tatum

Screw the idea of him being Gambit. Everyone knows that Sawyer from Lost should be Gambit. But I do like him for Colossus. He's a big dude, he has a sort of bland likability, and I think he could kick some ass. Teach him some Russian though.

Nightcrawler - Neil Patrick Harris

He almost was Nightcrawler in X2. Lord knows why Bryan Singer didn't go with him. Well, he'd be my choice. He'd be legen...wait for it...dary as the fuzzy elf, I would say.

Wolverine - Hugh Jackman

The guy IS Wolverine. There's no topping what he's done. And with every passing year, he just looks more and more like Wolverine. Wouldn't recast this at all.

Storm - Lupita Nyong'o

Cause no more Halle Berry, that's why. She's a great actress and she's actually from Africa, just like Storm. I can see this working.

Kitty Pryde - Elle Fanning

Elle Fanning is a good actress, and I like her a hell of a lot more than Ellen Page for this role. I'd dye her hair brown, though.

And I'd add to this group
Emma Frost - Rosamund Pike

Why have none of the other Emma Frosts been British? Serious misstep. Admittedly I chose Rosamund Pike cause she's from the UK and she's seriously hot and blonde. She'd be great as the snarky White Queen, and she'd be a good part of a love triangle between Cyclops and Jean Grey (one of my favorite storylines in the comics).

No to Neil Patrick Harris.

Yes to that picture of Hugh Jackman.