Things You Just Found Out/Learned Recently?

Tools    

Looks like Eric is trying to maintain his record!
I may have seen him in 2 things at the very most.

Never knew until just this minute that there is a word for “the day after tomorrow”. It’s “overmorrow”. Sounds very clunky to me & am never gonna use it, but good to know.

Being a fan of later Hitchcock movies, I just found out that I'm just OK with his old movies. They're a little bit too British, too black and white too dark (as in unlit) and too verbal for me. I bought a cheap box set and realized why they're completely public domain.

Being a fan of later Hitchcock movies, I just found out that I'm just OK with his old movies. They're a little bit too British, too black and white too dark (as in unlit) and too verbal for me. I bought a cheap box set and realized why they're completely public domain.
Very true. His early stuff is quite underwhelming. Talk about someone blossoming in the US.

Never knew until just this minute that there is a word for “the day after tomorrow”. It’s “overmorrow”. Sounds very clunky to me & am never gonna use it, but good to know.
That’s ridiculous.

Personally, I call "The Day After Tomorrow" complete sh*t.

I'm glad this thread has some usefulness!

There's so much to learn, so little time.
Haven't updated it in a while so there is a whole new generation of actors with celebrity parents/siblings, but check out THIS THREAD.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I just found out Stanley Tucci's sister-in-law is Emily Blunt.

Nothing in the world can be “too British”.

That’s ridiculous.
I don’t think so because the English language is constantly evolving.

I just found out Stanley Tucci's sister-in-law is Emily Blunt.
True. I did know this.

I just found out that Citizen Rules supports the British monarchy. Well done sir, I say!

Sounds awesome to me. I shall use it overmorrow.

I’ve lived in America forever, but only found out last year that “glamor” here is spelled the British way. “Glamour”. Illogical, but interesting.

I’ve lived in America forever, but only found out last year that “glamor” here is spelled the British way. “Glamour”. Illogical, but interesting.
A quick search here shows I use it both ways, who knew!
Glamour/Citizen Rules
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...rchid=12584269

Glamor/Citizen Rules
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...rchid=12584272

You should hear how we pronounce the word "schedule"!

The earth is slowing down due to the moon influencing tidal waves and causing lag, we are keeping track of this and we add leap seconds to the clock every so often adjusting standard time.

neil degrass tyson taught me that :P

Was this supposed to be movie related?