Song Tournament Schedule

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
Instead of 8 matches a day, I'd drop it to 4. And I'd be pretty liberal with giving folks extra-time to finish, because sometimes it can be difficult to force yourself to listen to a 15 minute jam session. That said, I am pretty serious about doing it. I think it would be interesting. Bring on the prog rock.

This would be very different. I know Christine's been hoping for just that. Something that would bring in some different songs. I didn't think you were serious, but I like this. I suppose DJ mixes are OK, or no? I'll add this to the list. Do you know when you'd like to do it?

I really have no idea what to say about DJ mixes, because I don't know anything about them. I guess that's something that would be fine. I would like to do it soonish, I guess. I don't really have a timetable.

In A Gadda Da Vida
I've just nominated the chopped down version for the decades tournament. Great song. Would've liked the 17 min version but not on for a normal tourney .

Yo, I wanna run a 10+ minute song song tournament.
I'd be up for that!

What about a tournament that's about personal themes? Each person chooses a theme or topic for their own list, and they follow that one idea. They pick eight songs out, for that one personal theme. It could be as simple as colors, foods, animals, love songs, emotions, etc . . .

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
What about a tournament that's about personal themes? Each person chooses a theme or topic for their own list, and they follow that one idea. They pick eight songs out, for that one personal theme. It could be as simple as colors, foods, animals, love songs, emotions, etc . . .

We did that already, but we can do it again. I thought it was a lot of fun.

It was called "The Scattergories Song Tournament":
http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=44821

I don't know who the Prime Minister of song tournaments is, but whoever you are, send me a PM or something when I can start then ten minute song tournament.

I don't know who the Prime Minister of song tournaments is, but whoever you are, send me a PM or something when I can start then ten minute song tournament.
You're suppose to start it whenever you want, me dear. Check out the schedule up above. It has the times listed that other's have picked for their threads. Some are still blank, though. Anyways, decide from that. I know that a couple or so people don't favor doing more than one of these at the same time, but they may not even want to be in the ten minute song tournament. I'd advise making your thread as soon as you can, to get an idea of how many people will want to be in it. That may help you choose a time to start.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
You're suppose to start it whenever you want, me dear. Check out the schedule up above. It has the times listed that other's have picked for their threads. Some are still blank, though. Anyways, decide from that. I know that a couple or so people don't favor doing more than one of these at the same time, but they may not even want to be in the ten minute song tournament. I'd advise making your thread as soon as you can, to get an idea of how many people will want to be in it. That may help you choose a time to start.

I'm one of the people who doesn't like when these song tournaments overlap, but I don't know enough songs that are ten minutes or more, so I won't be participating in that tournament, so if nobody else minds the overlap, you can run it at the same time as another tournament. But you should check with the people who plan to join the tournament before overlapping it, just in case anyone else minds.

Why do all of the song titles have weird titles/themes now?

I have a few ideas for song tournaments:

"This Sh*t is Bananas" Song Tournament
"The Way it Was Before Women Got the Vote" Song Tournament
"Wee Irish St. Patty's Day Beer Drinking Bead Tossing Off Your Chair Drunk Green River" Song Tournament
Songs by Women who are not Feminists Tournament