What Are You Reading Right Now?

Tools    

Hi, what?

Nice book about mathematizing historical battles. Also, they show mathematically that the Germans were superior to the Allies in WW2 (apparently, 1 German soldier = 1.5 Allied soldier or 2.5 Russians).

One of the best mangas I ever read. Thumbs up.

Kinda fun. It's somewhat annoying when the perspective shifts every chapter, especially to one-off auxiliary characters. SUPER cliched at times; opens with a brooding once-hero sitting in a bar who responds to a direct question about how he used to be with something to effect of, "yeah I was like that, BUT THAT WAS BEFORE MY WIFE AND CHILDREN WERE MURDERED". Total lack of self-awareness.

Now this is bloody fantastic. I know nothing comparable to it except LOTR. Except it's nor stiff nor particulary intense. It's unwined. Paul was able to kill people with his voice in the end. Here we have horses to ride. There they have 1500 ft long worms. It has everything in it - phylosophy, psychology, sociology, even math, physics, chemistry, love, romance, biology, drama, thriller, horror, film noir , obviously litterature.

I wish they would make an epic trilogy with Brannagh or Scott directing it. What do you think would be a suitable cast?

Surprisingly engaging Harry Potter-esque fantasy school drama which suddenly shifts into mystery and then war by the final quarter with a light sprinkle of romance without the cringe.

It has some amusing and subversive characters, the two main protagonists being a male character who pursues a female archetype and a female character who pursues a male archetype. That's refreshing.

Fricken' weird. EXTREMELY obvious liberal leanings when it's main character monologues to herself about asexuality and gender identity in a "these are just facts" sort of way. Definitely planning to give it up.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?

These just came in the mail, and will both be done by halfway through this coming month. There's a few others I want to grab right now, Amazon has some decent sales.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I've been trying to read IT by Stephen King for the last 3 months. It's really good...I'm about 1/8th through lol...no but it's really good but it's so long. I was reAding it at night but I'm on a mission to make a gaming pc so I've been on my phone at night reading about different comp components. I seriously had no knowledge a couple of weeks ago, now I know what a 6th gen Intel cup i5 is lol, that and I've been on the forum so it's gonna take me a year to finish, thought I'd share my thoughts instead of reading. Hopefully it entertains someone.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
The Sandman Omnibus

Went to the local library a few days ago and went exploring the stacks in the sub-levels. Found this stashed away in the mythology section. Now half-way through.