The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Seen: 21 - John Wick - Not a bad action fighting out for revenge type movie.

Logan - A good wolverine movie, it was a brutal one for sure.

Dredd - A decent action packed sci-fi movie, I like these type of movies where you got this bad ass fighting machine killing criminals

Not Seen: 36

I have not seen Black Swan, Ex-Machina and The Act of Killing, Midnight in Paris, Three Billboards, Silence and Melancholia

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

Stats: Pit Stop #6

Decade Breakdown
  • 2010 = 8
  • 2011 = 8
  • 2012 = 6
  • 2013 = 4
  • 2014 = 7
  • 2015 = 10
  • 2016 = 7
  • 2017 = 3
  • 2018 = 2
  • 2019 = 5

2015 stays at the top, but the spread is getting more even with 2010/2011 with 8, and 2014/2016 with 7.

Repeating Directors
  • Gareth Evans = 2
  • Anthony and Joe Russo = 2
  • Taika Waititi = 2
  • Martin Scorsese = 2

Martin Scorsese joins the list of repeating directors. How much can he rack up?

Genre Breakdown
  • Action = 10
  • Romantic comedy = 2
  • Romantic drama = 1
  • Thriller = 10
  • Crime = 2
  • Comedy mystery = 1
  • Science fiction = 5
  • Comedy drama = 7
  • Horror comedy = 2
  • Drama = 12
  • Horror = 3
  • Western = 1
  • Fantasy = 3
  • Documentary = 1

Dramas continue to be the main draw, but action and thrillers are not far behind. Also, The Act of Killing becomes the first documentary that makes it. Will it be the only one?

We remain with roughly eleven films not from the US, and four animated films so far. No changes in these stats.

Still not sure who gets the originality credit for the whole 'move up levels in building' concept but it was executed so well here in Mega-City One by Travis. Furthermore I just love this cast; Karl Urban (The Boys/Two Towers), Lena Headey (G.O.T.), Wood Harris (The Wire/Paid in Full). For the combined amount of hours they've entertained me, the least I could do was put Dredd on my ballot @ #18.

SEEN 46/60
BALLOT 13/25

A system of cells interlinked
@John McClane will be pleased to see Dredd...

Victim of The Night
Very happy to have my first two-fer.
Very sad to see my No.2 Overall so low.

Melancholia - No.2
Dredd - No.19

My No.1 and No.2 are now off the board before we even got to the top-40. Sigh.

You ready? You look ready.
@Sedai

bout time this list had a good movie on it

and 42, the answer to life, no less

and yes, it was my number one

Karl Urban’s chin can act better than 90% of Hollywood

Dredd? How dreadful.

How in the hell can that come so far up? Jesus Christ. Someone needs to do something! In the meantime I'll slam my fist in the table and be annoyed for myself. Arrrgh

As for Melacholia, I think it's pretty great. Probably Lars' "cleanest" film. At least of his popular ones. But it's still damn bleak and depressing... but then again, what does one expect from the title.

I haven't seen it in very long and I doubt even with a rewatch that it would have a chance on my list, but I do really like it.

Melancholia, seen this way back in the day when I started branching out tree like. I didn't enjoy it and yet I was very impressed with the it. Glad to see it make the countdown.

Dredd, not my thing. I'm sure it's good for people who like this type of movie but I ain't one of them.

Citizen Rules the outsider MoFo

Hint Leaderboard (Current Rankings)

Each time you correctly guess a hint (and are the first person to do so), you'll receive a point.

LAMb EELYAK: 8
Torgo: 5
MovieMeditation: 4
rauldc14: 3
Apex Predator: 3
KeyserCorleone: 2
Thief: 2
Chypmunk: 2
Burning: 1
Miss Vicky: 1
PHOENIX74: 1
seanc: 1
Thursday Next: 1

Are any more animated films even going to show other than that goofy mofo obsessed It's Such A Beautiful Day?
Spider-Verse for sure. And although the window is closing, I wouldn't count out stuff like Zootopia, Moana, How to Train Your Dragon, The Lego Movie, Frozen, or even Your Name or Isle of Dogs.

Dredd! Dredd made my list. Bummed I missed it in theaters but watched it on streaming a couple times. Then it was one of the first 4Ks I ever bought. Best decision of my life.

Haven’t seen Melancholia and frankly after watching Antichrist I’m pretty wary of anything Lars Von Trier.

Spider-Verse for sure. And although the window is closing, I wouldn't count out stuff like Zootopia, Moana, How to Train Your Dragon, The Lego Movie, Frozen, or even Your Name or Isle of Dogs.
I've seen all of those except for Moana. None of them made my ballot (not a huge animated film buff), but I wouldn't mind most of those showing up. Don't understand the hype for Zootopia though.

Squee!

1: Ex Machina (2015) - 49th
2: Dredd (2012) - 42nd
3: 100%
4: Bloody well better had do
5: Joker (2019) - 60th
6: 100%
7: Prisoners (2013) - 69th
8: 100%
9: The Shape of Water (2017) - 52nd
10: 100%
11: Shutter Island (2010) - 76th
12: 100%
13: Hopefully
14: Hopefully
15: Hopefully
16: Deadpool (2016) - 85th
17: Maybe
18: Logan (2017) - 46th
19: Probably
20: Avengers: Endgame (2019) - 79th
21: The Martian (2015) - 82nd

22: 100%
23: 100%
24: Maybe
25: Probably not

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
I've heard neither 42. Dredd (2012) nor 41. Melancholia (2011).

Good Night!
---

I've seen all of those except for Moana. None of them made my ballot (not a huge animated film buff), but I wouldn't mind most of those showing up. Don't understand the hype for Zootopia though.
I haven't seen The Lego Movie, Isle of Dogs, or Your Name, but I know they were well received.

From those that I mentioned, I wouldn't mind seeing Moana, which is one of my favorite Disney animated films. How to Train Your Dragon, Zootopia, and Frozen are really good too; especially the first one. Actually, How to Train Your Dragon is a very solid franchise overall. All three films are pretty good.

A system of cells interlinked
I wish Mofo was smart enough to think of Moana as one of the top 100 of the decade. I really think it's a great film.
One of my favorites to watch with my daughter, and has perhaps my favorite music out of the bunch.

Pretty sure I have Moana DVR'd so there's still a chance it could yet sneak onto my ballot