Coronavirus

Tools    

I suspect we will see some new flare ups in Wisconsin in the coming days. Bunch of ****ing idiots. Don’t they know it’s cheaper to drink at home?
What a bunch of rubes!

Everyone (myself included) said the same thing after they decided to hold the election last month, cramming the city of Milwaukee into 5 voting precincts and...nothing. No spike at all.

Wi. has 72 counties. The four biggest counties in Wi. account for 65% of cases:

Milwaukee County - 4,387 cases - .5% of county population
Dane County (home of UW-Madison and a lot of rich liberals) - 494 cases - .1% of population
Waukesha County (home to nothing special and a lot of rich conservatives who like to tear up local lakes with their Sea-Doo's) - 444 cases - .1% of population
Brown County (Green Bay- GB Packers and *crickets*) - 1,999 cases - .8% of population (meat packing plant got hammered - lots of people in a confined space, sound familiar?)

Total case confirmed in state to date- 11,275. 434 deaths. Daily testing capacity - 13,382 @ 52 labs https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/data.htm

A lot of nothing going in half the state. Why should a barber/bar owner/restaurant in the far northern part of the state, where there are very few cases, have their business go under because a city 300 miles away has an issue? Ain't like Milwaukeeans or Brownies are commuting to Minocqua in large numbers. Testing capabilities look good. Counties can still do safer at home if they choose. People are still wearing masks and keeping their distance where prudent. Milwaukee is not allowing bars or restaurants to open but hair salons can open if they wish and thank God for that because I'm starting to look like a bass player for a Boston or Grand Funk Railroad cover band. Brown and Dane will probably stay locked down for awhile but Waukesha is getting (b)itchy and my guess is most of that county will reopen asap.

Yeah, we have something similar going on here, where certain counties have way lower rates than others, or even where some counties have high rates but 90% of it's down to a single nursing home.

We're still learning about this, but it looks more and more like, while the threat is real, a lot of the damage comes in dense clusters.

I was just cracking a joke about it being cheaper to drink at home
Become known as a good tipper. It gets cheaper when you go out.

Or be THAT GUY who always has to go to the bathroom/car/smoke break just as the pitcher runs out.

You ready? You look ready.
Become known as a good tipper. It gets cheaper when you go out.

Or be THAT GUY who always has to go to the bathroom/car/smoke break just as the pitcher runs out.
Funny you mention that. I always tip heavy on the first round. Like 40%. So when I come back and need water I get it ASAP.

Party safe, yo!

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

...because I'm starting to look like a bass player for a Boston or Grand Funk Railroad cover band.

I can appreciate that comment. 😆 😆

East Timor becomes the latest member of the green club

Faeroe Islands - 187 cases, all recovered
Eritrea - 39 cases, all recovered
Timor-Leste - 24 cases, all recovered

New Caledonia - 18 cases, all recovered
Saint Lucia - 18 cases, all recovered
Falkland Islands - 13 cases, all recovered
Greenland - 11 cases, all recovered
Papua New Guinea - 8 cases, all recovered
Saint Barthélemy - 6 cases, all recovered
Western Sahara - 6 cases, all recovered
Caribbean Netherlands - 6 cases, all recovered
Anguilla - 3 cases, all recovered
Saint Pierre Miquelon - 1 case, recovered
Edit: Eritrea also now declared green and added to the list

(In fact I'm going to keep a bandanna in my car for when the elastic strap on my dust mask ultimately breaks!)
What’s easier (which I do) is carry a few safety pins with you. Each disposable I’ve used has a broken strap, but a small pin does the trick. Cheap crap from China. Natch.

You ready? You look ready.
I love how just about every major office floor design has been rendered too dangerous for physical distancing.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Just heard on the news how the coronavirus is causing some people to develop drinking problems. I'm not surprised. Stress levels are high.

Like the coronavirus which was invented in China. Nothing made in China last long.
It wasn't invented in China, it wasn't invented in a laboratory. Covid-19 is a natural occurring virus that jumped from animals to humans. That's why we don't have any natural resistances to it as our species hasn't encountered it before now....And it won't be going away like magic, despite what Trump promises.

⬆️ Cannot believe we are still discussing the source 2-3 months later. There is nothing “naturally occurring” about COVID-19.

The coronavirus ORIGINATED in Wuhan, China in a so-called wet market. (Wet because of seafood though many other creatures are sold.) This market sold all kinds of birds & animals. Many endangered. A huge source of income was cats & dogs, many of them stolen from their owners.

So, you have a market full of animals - many of whom are not fed or watered but are mistreated in the worst ways - and their fear spreads disease. Many of the animal cages are piled as high as the ceiling so you’ve also got dead animals that can’t be easily removed & this adds to the stress of the other animals. They also see other animals being bludgeoned to death or burned to death (all documented) & this stresses them more & breeds more disease.

I’ve been condemning these markets for years - the photos are beyond horrifying. Bill Gates predicted last year that a market like this could & would start a pandemic & he was right.

⬆️ Cannot believe we are still discussing the source 2-3 months later. There is nothing “naturally occurring” about COVID-19.

The coronavirus ORIGINATED in Wuhan, China in a so-called wet market. (Wet because of seafood though many other creatures are sold.) This market sold all kinds of birds & animals. Many endangered. A huge source of income was cats & dogs, many of them stolen from their owners.

So, you have a market full of animals - many of whom are not fed or watered but are mistreated in the worst ways - and their fear spreads disease. Many of the animal cages are piled as high as the ceiling so you’ve also got dead animals that can’t be easily removed & this adds to the stress of the other animals. They also see other animals being bludgeoned to death or burned to death (all documented) & this stresses them more & breeds more disease.

I’ve been condemning these markets for years - the photos are beyond horrifying. Bill Gates predicted last year that a market like this could & would start a pandemic & he was right.
Your post is unclear. You say: "There is nothing “naturally occurring” about COVID-19."

Which would imply you believe it's an artificially lab created virus. Yet the bulk of your post points to Covid-19 as naturally occurring in animals, with the transmission to humans coming from Chinese wet markets.

Cambodia joins those with a green status - their last remaining case had been declared serious/critical but has now thankfully been deemed to have made a full recovery...

Faeroe Islands - 187 cases, all recovered
Cambodia - 122 cases, all recovered
Eritrea - 39 cases, all recovered
Timor-Leste - 24 cases, all recovered
New Caledonia - 18 cases, all recovered
Saint Lucia - 18 cases, all recovered
Falkland Islands - 13 cases, all recovered
Greenland - 11 cases, all recovered
Papua New Guinea - 8 cases, all recovered
Saint Barthélemy - 6 cases, all recovered
Western Sahara - 6 cases, all recovered
Caribbean Netherlands - 6 cases, all recovered
Anguilla - 3 cases, all recovered
Saint Pierre Miquelon - 1 case, recovered

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Your post is unclear. You say: [b]"There is nothing “naturally occurring” about COVID-19."

I read that as animals would not naturally live in the conditions she described of the wet market. Like the disease was created in an unnatural and forced environment of captivity and stress.

For example, it is possible and natural that an infected bat could infect a pig by leaving droppings in/on/near a pig's natural food source. In the captivity described though, the frequency of that transmission is artificially/unnaturally increased.

That's what I figure she's meaning.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Anybody feel like this is a test run for the "big one"? One we are failing? The time we will need strict adherence to all these protocols and people will be like, "remember last time?"

I don't even think that's a pessimistic statement, it's just what I see in these streets.