Which social media do you use? Why?

Tools    

Duplicate Account (locked)
You can be vague since I understand the risk of being identified by strangers.

I only use this one, a computer forum, and sometimes I read the conversations on a psychiatric forum. I chose this one because the fact that movies are a form of make believe, that would mean that there would be less prosletizing and coercive communication. It would seem fairly obvious to anyone why i use the other two, unfortunately i got kicked off the psychiatric forum twice because i broached an extremely sensitive topic, and then stupidly told another forum member that i got banned and that they could message me if they want to find out why. I would have been more specific...i try to be helpful when it seems like other folks could use it.

Twitter. Because I can be anonymous and can follow 5 accounts or 500 accounts. I get whatever news I want on my feed.

Would never use facebook as it is the devil's semen.

Twitter. Because I can be anonymous and can follow 5 accounts or 500 accounts. I get whatever news I want on my feed.

Would never use facebook as it is the devil's semen.

i had to get rid of both more than once. With facebook, the chance of me saying something mean or insulting is incredibly high, and then i just feel guilty because these are often people who i'm likely to run into. I had to get rid of Twitter because there's too many self-rightous mind fu*kers on there, and there aren't any suitable niches because I'm not much of a professional.

A professional IDIOT!

ooooooh!

i had to get rid of both more than once. With facebook, the chance of me saying something mean or insulting is incredibly high, and then i just feel guilty because these are often people who i'm likely to run into. I had to get rid of Twitter because there's too many self-rightous mind fu*kers on there, and there aren't any suitable niches because I'm not much of a professional.

A professional IDIOT!

ooooooh!
Just follow like 20 people - some news accounts you trust. some movie accounts that post good stuff and whatever else you like.

I use Facebook and a few movie discussion boards, including this one. I started using Facebook because a friend recommended it to me and then I got used to it. The irony is the friend who recommended Facebook ended up blocking me on Facebook.

I use Facebook and a few movie discussion boards, including this one. I started using Facebook because a friend recommended it to me and then I got used to it. The irony is the friend who recommended Facebook ended up blocking me on Facebook.

I tend not to like how evasive people are, and the internet unfortunately makes this very easy to do. I'm not saying it's wrong to block people, but I tend see doing stuff like that as being illusory...because how strange would that be to bring up a blocking in real life? A lot of the people I checked out on Twitter would basically use the fact that someone blocked them as a prize all is fair with the complete absence of love and war! Resourcefulness!

Just a couple of forums. I do have a Facebook account, but I've never made a post myself and probably left less than ten comments. I have zero interest in making my life public.

This forum and primarily Twitter (though I have a rarely used FB and IG account). Twitter is becoming increasingly annoying to use though, because even if you only follow the accounts you want as ScarletLion mentioned, the number of unrelated posts that you see because they are 'promoted' or being shown to you simply because they are by someone who is 'followed by someone you are following' are completely taking over my feed. As a result, my time there continues to dwindle.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
No, I don't use it. My fakebook is deactivated. For me, initially, it was a place to upload pictures from my travels, so others could see (as opposed to sending people individual e-mails) but also as a way to save them in case my camera broke/stolen, and not having to worry about keeping files with me such as CDs or thumb-drives.

On Facadebook, I really only went on to show how hypocritical my family and "friends" are... Mostly about politics. It was basically a place for me to rant, and follow one page about The Doors, but most of it was people posting pictures and other things I don't care about. Even the 5 minutes I spent was a waste, and I never read anything interesting from the 400+ "friends". Never cared about pictures of food, talking about food (I just eat it). No one ever posted YouTube videos.. Never saw anyone say, "I just saw a great movie" (or any movie).

I do sometimes go on Twitter to look something up (a name, or some current event, etc) and then click on "LATEST" to see the most random comment. I spend no more than 5 minutes a week.

Besides MoFo, just Facebook and Reddit.

I mostly just look at stuff on Reddit, though. It's pretty rare that I actually post anything. Facebook I use primarily for its groups - I'm in several aquarium groups, a diabetic cat group, and a couple of rat groups - and as a way to text people. I do not own and refuse to get a cell phone, so I use Facebook messenger to text from my iPod, iPad, and PC.

I technically also have Twitter, but I used it exactly one time to complain to my town's movie theater about the uncomfortably hot temperatures inside their building. Normally I voice my complaints to companies on their Facebook pages, but that theater has blocked me on FB.

I don't do social media, never have and never even signed up for them. I don't consider MoFo to be social media, it's a discussion forum like the internet use to be back in the good ole day before the rise of social media tracking. MoFo is the only site I hang out in. I read at Reddit on occasion as there's a lot of good information there, though I hate it's formatting and sorting response by popularity.

Here (obviously) and Twitter. My fave thing about Twitter is videos, gifs & photographs. Especially videos of whatever. So much better than looking at pages & pages of writing such as Reddit.

Used to belong to a cat website. Excellent place for information, but very heavily moderated. The owner of the site (she lives in Israel) was so frightened if we posted a photo. Any kind of photo. She would have a conniption fit until the photo was deleted. Made no sense.

I forgot youtube. I follow about 4 or 5 women there with their vlogs, which I really enjoy. Also love videos of rock bands playing their songs. So much better than Spotify IMO.

We all float down here....
I don't do social media, although this forum is technically SM, it's just different somehow than the other types imo.

I am on a literature forum and I used to go on a psychiatric forum where I told my fellow sufferers to take their meds and share their problems with their doctors. It is not unusual for this to be necessary advice when one is having a meltdown.

I do Facebook to keep up with friends and I belong to several cat groups, literary groups and other nonsense.
I used to enjoy youtube for the trolls. They made me laugh. I think I have matured since then or the caliber of trolling has gotten lame.

I don't do social media, although this forum is technically SM, it's just different somehow than the other types imo.

i guess it depends on how you define SM, i consider any message board or chat room to be a type of SM but the term only was applied to facebook, instagram, twitter, tumblr initiually. To me, if you're using the internet to talk to people, and a website as a medium, then that's social media. I suppose videogames also qualify but to me that's just using the term too loosely.

I think maybe more strictly it's applied only to FB/twitter/etc. because videos are often posted. Movie forums is definetly social media because Yoda borrowed the "like" function from FB/twitter, plus you can send messages and tweet in the shoutbox

i honestly have to say, i'm greatful for websites like this, it fulfills the less fulfilling type of social interaction that comes from the internet but you can just talk about movies and whatever else instead. I don't have to look through a feed with really over-stated political positions, and i also don't have to look at boring pictures and excerpts from people's very banal lives.

I think i might join a cat forum as i love cats, idk i haven't so far though because i give my cats so much attention anyways and i'm so busy. I like to just take pictures of them and send them to people i know.

I would define social media as those big impersonal interaction sites where the masses go to have their moral compasses set by said masses.

MoFo on the other hand is about a community of film enthusiast learning from each other in a mellow & sane environment.

I would define social media as those big impersonal interaction sites where the masses go to have their moral compasses set by said masses.

MoFo on the other hand is about a community of film enthusiast learning from each other in a mellow & sane environment.

lol, i'm mostly upvoting this because it made me laugh and is kinda true, but overrall i keep learning that i don't know anything.

I use here and the eBay discussion boards.

Reason: I've been a member of eBay for 20 years and got used to the community there.
And then people from those eBay boards turned me onto this site!

Why I like both is I'm anonymous either way. While there is some danger using my Buyer / Seller ID on eBay instead of a posting I.D., I haven't had much trouble lately. I like the anonymity as opposed to sites like Facebook. I don't need anger from people I went to high school with over my current opinions (no less invites to reunions, being unfriended by former friends, having my activities stalked by distant relatives, or getting requests for drives to the airport or other favors from people who knew me when).

I do look at a local site, but have yet to post there.
Some of the stuff is pretty informative for local current events (lost pets) & such.