Did tree branches ever grow from a person ?

Tools    

"How tall is King Kong ?"
I doubt so. I have no direct memories from it. But when I was a kid, my parents had seen a frightening movie on the tv, and told me about it. Apparently, there was an epidemy of... trees growing out of people ?

Or a person who cared for his plants so much that he became a tree, and then his neighbor was asked to care for his plants, and... cared for them more than her husband and... also became a tree ?

I had been described a gruesome scene where branches sprout out of a person's belly. In my imagination, it's like a chestbuster, but vegetal. But it's the image formed by a confused description, so, I expect some distortion from the source.

Anyway. I doubt it's Evil Dead (tree branches coming inside a person) nor Creepshow (just one person turning to moss). But it cannot be a film more recent then the 70s or 80s.

Does this film exist for real ? Or does crazy run in the whole family ? Or both ?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
The only other flick I can think of would be Troll. Not exactly as described, but maybe it can trigger another memory...

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

That sounds like a Steven King movie. I forget the name. He plays a character in the movie and lives on a farm all alone. He finds a meteorite. Then starts to grow fungus? all over. I forget if he went full tree or plant.

That sounds like a Steven King movie. I forget the name. He plays a character in the movie and lives on a farm all alone. He finds a meteorite. Then starts to grow fungus? all over. I forget if he went full tree or plant.
Yeah, you're thinking of Creepshow (one of its sketches). I mentionned it. But i don't think it's that. It lacks the branches. And it's a guy. The film I'm looking for seems to be about a woman who's asked to check a neighbor's plants.

Supposedly.

Films I have to investigate :

- Doctor Terror's House of Horrors (or the other way round)
- Troll 3 also known as Contamination 7 also known as The Crawlers also known as Creepers (is there anything it isn't known as?)

I doubt so. I have no direct memories from it. But when I was a kid, my parents had seen a frightening movie on the tv, and told me about it. Apparently, there was an epidemy of... trees growing out of people ?

Or a person who cared for his plants so much that he became a tree, and then his neighbor was asked to care for his plants, and... cared for them more than her husband and... also became a tree ?

I had been described a gruesome scene where branches sprout out of a person's belly. In my imagination, it's like a chestbuster, but vegetal. But it's the image formed by a confused description, so, I expect some distortion from the source.

Anyway. I doubt it's Evil Dead (tree branches coming inside a person) nor Creepshow (just one person turning to moss). But it cannot be a film more recent then the 70s or 80s.

Does this film exist for real ? Or does crazy run in the whole family ? Or both ?

I can't find the original documentary I saw years ago. But yeah, treemen are real.

Years ago, in a creative writing class, they asked us to write a story about a true story. This was, of course, the factual case I decided to turn into fiction.

Also pretty sure my creative writing teacher stole my idea, when I realized in her next novel (which she was writing while she taught that class) she had a character named "Treeman".

S'all good though. She liked my story. And I wasn't doing anything with it.