Favourite Banned MoFos

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Granted, it's a ridiculous idea for a thread, but you know what they say - why not?

Just nominate the very former members of this fine website who, for whatever reason, are almost likable.

For instance, I thought Purandura88 was an interesting enough poster. Granted, he was way too opinionated to stay, but I actually enjoyed his posts and when I found out he was banned, I was a little disappointed to see him go.

Any other suggestions?

there's a frog in my snake oil
Damn yeah, wasn't Pimp banned for a bit too?

Of those who got thrown out into the internet: Pura was interestingly combative i seem to recall. Wasn't he the one who mainly wanted to bury Starship Trooper under a mountain of words? And who was the racist biker-style sociopath? I forget his name but he was cogent and challenging, if, you know, a racist biker-style sociopath. Django was a good soul, just perhaps a troubled one with more erudition than self-awareness.

Kinda miss arguing with some of em. (Had had my fill of pouring time into Django's rigmarole tho). Can't really pick a favourite. I vote for the next uber-troll who stirs up the hornet's nest i guess

Purandara was definitely one of the most eloquent posters we've had, but also an unabashed homophobe (which is, I think, why he ultimately got the boot) so I'm not sorry that he got kicked out. If anything, he was given more leeway than most (I suspect for the very reason you state Iro).

So yeah, I don't think anyone worth while was (permanently) banned...at least not that I've noticed...:\

Do we have a thread where we lament the absence of non-banned members? Because I have a few of those...:\

Most of my favorite members who were banned are the ones who were also allowed to come back... adi, EQ, Pimp, and... hmmm.... oh yeah.... that guy pyro....

And Golgot.... do not... I repeat... do not... say that D username three times...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I found messanger thug quite hilarious even if he was mostly conserned with boob's

Pyro wasn't really banned; it was just a temporary thing for posting some link. No big deal.

Anyway, Pura was banned for...gosh...pick a reason. He definitely said some unacceptable things about homosexuals, but he was careful to say those in a very "technical" sense. Still insulting and generalizing, but I think he avoided technically breaking the rules. His anti-semitism knew no such restraint, however. Dunno if I'd pick one reason why he was banned, but if I had to, that'd probably be it.

And yes, it's a shame he couldn't keep it in check; he had plenty of interesting things to say, even if one out of four discussions was a really bizarre non-argument.

Other than that, most of my favorite banned MoFos are back/under different usernames, anyway.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Julie Andrews' estranged son (or so he said), of course!

No one else seems to remember him, and I can't remember the guy's username, but I definitely didn't dream him up because he's got his own website which makes David Icke seem like he writes for the local WI.

You want to post like me?
"We were pormised a boob shot!!"
- Messanger Thug

That's the only line that kinda stuck with me, and it does have some kind of adorable simple-mindness to it. Seems like all the guy has to worry about is whether he's gonna see some action in the upcoming flick. Come to think of it, he's kinda like Jay. Although way less awesome of course.

I read some of Django's old post and he seemed articulate and intelligent enough. He just seemed to unnecessarily piss people off a lot.

Why was he banned?

Pyro wasn't really banned; it was just a temporary thing for posting some link. No big deal.
Yeah, this was the link HERE. Don't see the big deal

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
A lot of these famous banned mofos are before my time on here, but there was that guy not so long ago who claimed to be a screen writer, although his spelling and generally inability to write coherent sentences seemed to contradict that claim. Who then made another account claiming to be his own girlfriend/wife/fiancee (he couldn't seem to make up his mind) but even messed that up by talking as himself while signed in on the other account. I remember him being randomly insulting to people on the forum and taking extreme offence at anything slightly critical anyone said to him. He was, I seem to recall, homophobic as well. So... yeah, all in all, not exactly a favourite.

I find it hard to tell the difference, sometimes, between deliberate trolls and genuine idiots...

Julie Andrews' estranged son (or so he said), of course!

No one else seems to remember him, and I can't remember the guy's username, but I definitely didn't dream him up because he's got his own website which makes David Icke seem like he writes for the local WI.

I remember him... couldn't remember his username but did a search and ran him down... he signed on as 'Kind' ... all his posts were deleted but here's his link he posted:

http://koti.welho.com/mjack1/

Very strange guy...

Who was the guy who kept making top 100 lists and admitted that he had not seen close to any of the movies on the list and confused the ones he did see with others

Originally Posted by meatwadsprite
Who was the guy who kept making top 100 lists and admitted that he had not seen close to any of the movies on the list and confused the ones he did see with others
Wait, you weren't actually banned for that, were you? I thought we just made fun of you a lot, relentlessly so until you stopped pre-rating movies, such as.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

That was Vertical Gunn, who was banned again late last night. He's had so many accounts. Close to 15 now, I do believe.

*edit*

There are 16 that I know of for sure. There are probably a couple more that are slipping my mind.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Can we talk about the ones we wish were banned? I've got one in mind, but just one.

As for a favorite that is already banned, that would have to be messangerthug. There's nobody quite like him.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg