Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

On the bad side, the acting is subpar (I can't understand all the praise Sinatra got from this movie)
Really? This is the only film I've seen that I like Sinatra in, so I'm not going to tell you he's fantastic (though I don't think he's bad) but Laurence Harvey and Angela Lansbury are fantastic. Again, from what I've seen those performances are career highs.

Still, at least you liked it.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Really? This is the only film I've seen that I like Sinatra in, so I'm not going to tell you he's fantastic (though I don't think he's bad) but Laurence Harvey and Angela Lansbury are fantastic. Again, from what I've seen those performances are career highs.

Still, at least you liked it.
To me, he always seemed too artificial. Angela Lansbury's perfomance is quite good, I'll give you that, but Harvey didn't impress me at all!

The Burbs (1989)

There were some pretty good comedic elements in this movie. I liked Tom Hanks like I always do as the dad on vacation. The rest of the cast was great and my god Carrie Fischer looks great in this movie.

is thouroughly embarrassed of this old username.
Samurai Assassin (1965)
dir. Kihachi Okamoto

After watching Okamoto's wonderful "The Human Bullet" I was pumped for anything with the man's name on it even if it was a samurai film (which I've not historically been favourable towards) and I was certainly disappointed. Very typical (at least from what I've seen) Jidaigeki with a lot of dialog explaining people, places, status and family trees. This was an absolute slog with such a basic story and average acting and cinematography. Fortunately the ending was pretty cool but that's all it really has in its favour.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
The Way He Looks (2014)

Really cute Brazilian movie about a blind teenager who finds freedom and love with the new boy at school.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Z (1969)

The facts told by this movie have a very disturbing effect on me... It makes me so freaking mad all the repression a left wing party suffered from the politicians and police just because believing in equality and peace was automatically called Communism. It also enfuriates me the fact that people looked at Communism as a horrible thing (and so many still do nowadays, it's unbelievable).
Speaking about the fim, the fact it created in me these feeling is the ultimate proof that it works! The acting is great by everyone involved, the editing is wonderful and there are fantastic details of cinematography and directing.
It starts a bit slow but it picks up a great pace driving to a superb ending! Another masterpiece of the 60's and a highly likely addition to my list!

+

Romper Stomper (1992)

This movie is similar to ones like American History X and This Is England, except this one takes place in Australia. It also has a much more gritty and powerful depiction of racially-motivated violence than the two I mention. This was Russel Crowe's breakout role, and the film as a whole was very good. I highly recommend it if you enjoyed AHX or TiE. In fact, I think it's essential since they all kinda seem to work like a trilogy.

Jurassic World (2015)

The record breaking box office hit is a fun thrilling 2-hour roller coaster ride. Worth watching in the theatre. Some scenes were cheesy, but what movie of such caliber doesn't have its fair share of cheese?

I went to the theater to see Jurassic Park with friends, because they told me te movie was really good. It was just a deception, the plot was awful, just like all the other american movies we have seen. It seems that they follow a recipe to creat the movie's story.

But, of course, the movie was awesome in terms of visual effects. But, anyway, a deception.

I like this a whole lot but didn't fall into that deep love that I would have liked. The whole movie is manic but the third act suffers a bit because of that in my opinion. Definitely a movie that will be funnier on repeat viewings I think. Russell out acted Grant in a major way for me, anyone else feel that way?

Carry On... Up the Khyber (1968)

From the top 100 British Film's list is this madcap farce that I understand to be the most successful of the Carry On comedy series, which includes 30 or so films. The plot has to do with British forces in India, but the plot is just an excuse for a constant barrage of jokes, many of which work, and some which went over my head. It's a good watch for some quick laughs, although my thought was that it'd be better suited for television.

I like this a whole lot but didn't fall into that deep love that I would have liked. The whole movie is manic but the third act suffers a bit because of that in my opinion. Definitely a movie that will be funnier on repeat viewings I think. Russell out acted Grant in a major way for me, anyone else feel that way?
Personally I thought it was a bad movie. Yet again, I don't really remember anything about it.

I prefer the Cary Grant movie I watched right before His Girl Friday (years ago) The Awful Truth. Then again, I remember laughing my ass off but I forgot what I was laughing at.

Kumonosu-jô (aka Throne of Blood)
(1957, Japan)
Directed by Akira Kurosawa
Nominated by The Gunslinger45 for the Mofo Watch List
6.75/10

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
What's wrong? Not kinky enough?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.