ALL-TIME Favorite Songs

Tools    

Here are some more of my favorite 80's songs:

Cyndi Lauper - TIME AFTER TIME
&fmt=18

Van Halen - JUMP
&fmt=18

Bobby Brown - ON OUR OWN (Theme from Ghostbusters II)
&fmt=18

Survivor - BURNING HEART (From Rocky IV)
&fmt=18

Kenny Loggins - I'M FREE (HEAVEN HELPS THE MAN)
&fmt=18

So many good movies, so little time.

Celluloid Heroes - The Kinks

Creep - Radiohead

Enter Sandman - Metallica

I'll Be Missing You - Puff Daddy

Jump Around - House of Pain

Rock & Roll - Velvet Underground

Santeria - Sublime

Rocking in the Free World - Pearl Jam and Neil Young

Seven Nation Army - White Stripes

November Rain - Guns n' Roses

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Just came upon this Boyz II Men classic on youtube. This is one of the greatest songs ever written and easily one of my favorites.

&feature=PlayList&p=69889AB4788FB97B&index=0&playnext=1&fmt=18

Oasis has long been one of my favorite rock bands. Liam Gallagher is, in my opinion, the only true rock star living today. Noel, on the other hand, is a brilliant underrated singer/songwriter and a rock genius.

It's sad that they've had a fallout recently, but whatever the final decision is, I will always be a fan of both of them, and the band of course.

THE SHOCK OF THE LIGHTNING
&feature=PlayList&p=D98D39CFC0002E4A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=51&FMT=18

I'M OUTTA TIME
&fmt=18

FALLING DOWN
&feature=channel&FMT=18

WONDERWALL
&feature=channel&FMT=18

SUPERSONIC
&feature=channel&FMT=18

LYLA (Live in Manchester, 2005)
&feature=PlayList&p=31E48F69B9A28BCA&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=13&fmt=18

LIVE FOREVER
&fmt=18

some customers may get their dicks ripped off
Broke- Modest Mouse
The Good Times Are Killing Me- Modest Mouse
Cocaine Blues- Johnny Cash
Fishin' Blues- Taj Mahal
Alone in a Crowd- Catch 22
Saddest Song- Streetlight Manifesto
Like a Rolling Stone- Bob Dylan
Sink Florida, Sink- Aganst Me!
Harmony Parking Lot- Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains
Blackbird- The Beatles
Across the Universe- The Beatles
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea- Nuetral Milk Hotel
Darn That Dream- Miles Davis
A Mis Abuelos- Arturo Sandoval-
Haitian Fight Song- Charles Mingus
Strangers- The Kinks
Wind Cries Mary- Jimi Hendrix
Scarlet Begonias- Sublime
Wagon Wheel- Against Me! (origiannly Bob Dylan)
When I Was Younger- (Free!) Justin Hester
(sorry, couldn't embed)

I was listening to Yeha Noha by Sacred Spirit and it occurred to me it is one of my all time favorite songs so I thought I would add it on here... the song is a Navajo healing song and is only supposed to be sung by a Navajo medicine man... so the vocals were sung by Kee Chee Jake, a Navajo Elder/medicine man...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

My absolute favorite song of all time is “Faded Love” by Bob Wills and his band, but I also love “Take Five” as played by composer Paul Desmond and the rest of the Dave Brubeck quartet. George Strait’s “Fool-Hearted Memory” is absolutely the best Texas two-step tune anyone ever scooted a boot to, but Glen Miller’s “In the Mood” will set anyone’s toes tapping. Johnny Rodriquez’s “How Could I Love Her So Much (and Lose Her to Someone Like You) opens with one of the best-written verses ever: “As I walked through the door and my eyes fit the darkness, I saw him alone at the bar . . .” And Johnny Griffin’s “Offering Time” preaches a whole sermon without saying a word. No one but George Jones can sing those “cut-your-throat-blue” country songs like “She Stopped Loving Him Today” and “The Cold Hard Truth,” although Aaron Neville did a fine rendition of “The Grand Tour.” But if you want to hear something really blue, check out Billie Holiday’s “St. James Infirmary.”

Randy Travis’ “Anywhere There’s a Jukebox” sounds like my life-story, as does TG Sheppard’s “I Loved Them Every One” (Big, little, short, or tall / Wish I coulda kept them all / Hmmm, I loved them every one). But I also like the reality of Ed Bruce’s “Girls, Women, and Ladies” and “Girl Talk” by the Holt-Young Trio. Another great tune, “Cast Your Faith to the Wind,” the best I think out of the hundreds written by Steve Allen. Jerry Lee Lewis, “Middle Age Crazy,” “Great Balls of Fire;” Max Roach, “I Spend My Life,” Lonesome Lover.” Ray Charles and Betty Carter, “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.” Herbie Mann’s recording of Summertime on the Live at the Village Gate album. Anything by Carlos Montoya or Charlie Bird or Chet Atkins or Les Paul. Thelonious Monk, “II BS;” “Wabash Cannonball” by The Chieftains and Ricky Skaggs; Lyle Lovett, “Further Down the Line,” “God Will But I Won’t.” Cab Calloway’s “Minnie the Moocher.” Ellington, “Take the A Train.” Hoagy Carmichael singing his composition, “Georgia on My Mind.” Mel Torme singing his creation, “The Christmas Song.” Just a few of my favorite tunes.

Coheed and Cambria- faint of hearts.

This is the greatest song evah after about 3 minutes. I love playing the extended solo on my Jagmaster.

Female Jungle Poster
Two songs which remind me of the happiest day of my life (at a Renaissance Fair, of all places!):

"Wrecking Ball" by Emmylou Harris

"Under the Water" by Merrill Bainbridge

http://www.ilike.com/artist/Merril+B...nder+The+Water

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Metallica - Master of Puppets

Metallica - One

Soulfly - Tree of Pain

Nightwish - Wish I Had An Angel

Just some

Man, I'm gonna take this discussion into a whole new direction cause I don't think there are many country music fans in this bunch.

My absolute favorite song ever is Faded Love by anyone good enough to sing it but especially by Bob Wills' band. Also like his versions of Redwing, San Antone Rose, Cherokee Maid, and A Maiden's Prayer. A very close second to Faded Love has to be Hank Williams' big hit, Lovesick Blues, the recording that made him a star.

Artist: Bon Iver
Song: Skinny Love

Artist: Queen & David Bowie
Song: Under Pressure

This is my all time favourite song. It's Laurent Garnier's house anthem The Man With The Red Face.

And this is what it sounds like live:

&a=YC01rDgz-Kg&playnext_from=ML