McDonalds - Is it sort of... racist?

Tools    

Nope. Just never had one, it's become one of those things I've never had, like Dr. Pepper or a KFC. I like quarter pounds with cheese or chicken legend.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Nope. Just never had one, it's become one of those things I've never had, like Dr. Pepper or a KFC. I like quarter pounds with cheese or chicken legend.
You must try a Big Mac, a can of Dr Pepper and a bargain bucket from KFC it is a must mate

A system of cells interlinked
I abhor McDonalds, and fast food in general. Everything from the chemically engineered flavor chemicals to the poor economic responsibility comes into play.

I would indeed rather eat dirt...

I live on the same street as a McDonalds so I have been there quite a lot, at least 200 days out of every year. If it turns out that McDonalds food is as bad as cigarettes, I AM SCREWED. I will be a dead Sexy McCelebrity.

I ate there last night, in fact. Two McDoubles (that's double cheeseburgers with only one slice of cheese instead of two slices... ) and a small fry.

I LOVE their mushroom & swiss angus burgers and their chicken selects with buffalo sauce. I also love to eat their french fries with their sweet & sour sauce.

OMG, and I love their chipotle barbeque snack wraps!

And their McChickens! I love their McChickens! Although, sometimes, you can taste some sort of grossness to them (they are only $1), but I ignore it. I've learned to live with gross things in my mouth.

And I LOVE their ice cream! Their vanilla ice cream! OH, and I love their iced coffee!!!! It keeps me cool.

The King of Movies
I saw that site the other day and i couldn't beleve how blatently they were targeting black people.

I bet one of the CEOs down at McDonalds probaly realised that they were going to be caught out targetting black people indirectly so they probaly thought screw it and just went all out there.

I abhor McDonalds, and fast food in general. Everything from the chemically engineered flavor chemicals to the poor economic responsibility comes into play.

I would indeed rather eat dirt...
What about the reports that in the suffering economy the fast food dollar menus are keeping people fed? Any port in a storm?

Welcome to the human race...
In spite of reading this thread and clicking the links, I've still eaten this crap at least twice this week...

Welcome to the human race...
I try and maintain a balanced diet - I tend to balance home-cooked meals and occasional healthy fast food e.g. sushi with stuff like McDonald's and sausage rolls.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I try and maintain a balanced diet.
Two burgers in each hand? Arf!

You ready? You look ready.
As much as I hate fast food...I can't beat the convenience of it. I suppose it's my own damned fault, but oh well. In regards to racism, I don't swear off a company because of intolerance. Not because I agree with it, but because I'd have to be investigating/keeping up with them all the time and, to be honest, I really wouldn't have many places to shop.

Nah, I'd rather just hold 'em responsible and keep buying their s***.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Ok so, I'm a retard and live in a backward/racist country, but can someone (finally) explain to me how this webpage/program is supposed to be racist? Is it because they're dedicating special attention to a particular ethnic group? Is that now considered racist in America? Does that make "affirmative action" racist? Is all pandering to special interest groups considered discrimination? Halp me unnastand?

In a perfect world, there would be no need to have a "365 Black" at McDonald's.

What's kinda silly about the whole thing isn't really a racist issue, it's imagining people at McDonalds Corp. going, "Hey, let's take advantage of the fact that black people only get to celebrate black history in February. Let's make them celebrate black history every day of the year... and get Big Macs in their stomachs."

Another not yet talked about issue that may make you think it's being racist is the fact that McDonalds sells very cheap food ~ food that's gotten a lot of flack in the past few years for being bad for your health. McDonalds may have good intentions with the 365 Black campaign, and it may attract a lot of praise and attention in the black community, but I'm sure that to many people, including black people, it will only further add to a stereotype that all black people are poor and don't make healthy choices when it comes to food. Black people already have the stereotype of only eating fried chicken and things like "soul food".

It can just seem like a bad mix with all of the negative connotations of McDonalds. It would probably be better to just leave things alone, but I kind of think that maybe a big reason why this whole 365 Black thing is happening now doesn't have much to do with wanting to help the black community as much as the popularity of black people and black issues that has become more widespread across America, thanks strongly to the election of President Barack Obama, our first black president.

Semper Fooey
BK burgers taste better, Carl Jr.'s have more meat, Wendy's has better decor, and Jack in the Box has the better clown.

Ok so, I'm a retard and live in a backward/racist country, but can someone (finally) explain to me how this webpage/program is supposed to be racist?]
No one said it is... definitively. But it has exclusionary verbage.

Is it because they're dedicating special attention to a particular ethnic group?
Establishing programs that are preferential to certain ethnic groups would be considered racist... would it not?

Is that now considered racist in America? Does that make "affirmative action" racist?
yes

Is all pandering to special interest groups considered discrimination?
Possibly.

You'd really have to live here and experience all the bulls**t first hand. Basically, if you're white, middle class, educated and employed then you're a white devil who's had inside connections to get you there and it's all a conspiracy to keep the brown man down. You notice how I've adopted the devil as a symbol? There's a lot behind that.

All i'm taking away from this thread at the moment is how much exciting your menus sound! We have Le Big Mac, Quarter Pounder, Fish and Chicken but then who wants chicken there when you got KFC or a baguette when you've got Subway. I do love the damn cheapness and ease of it, prefer Nando's chicken but can't go wrong with a Zinger Tower Box Meal from KFC