Moon

Tools    

From IMDB

Sam Bell (Sam Rockwell) is nearing the end of his contract with Lunar. He's been a faithful employee for 3 long years. His home has been Selene, a moon base where he has spent his days alone, mining Helium 3. The precious gas holds the key to reversing the Earth's energy crisis.

Isolated, determined and steadfast, Sam has followed the rulebook obediently and his time on the moon has been enlightening, but uneventful. The solitude has given him time to reflect on the mistakes of his past and work on his raging temper. He does his job mechanically, and spends most of his available time dreaming of his imminent return to Earth, to his wife, young daughter and an early retirement.

But 2 weeks shy of his departure from Selene, Sam starts seeing things, hearing things and feeling strange. And when a routine extraction goes horribly wrong, he discovers that Lunar have their own plans for replacing him and the new recruit is eerily familiar.

Before he can return to Earth, Sam has to confront himself and the discovery that the life he has created, may not be his own. It's more than his contract that is set to expire.

Check out the Trailer

Pretty interesting ...

It sure looks interesting, not sure if I'll ever be able to see it. Maybe once it hits DVD.

I'm looking forward to this.

This is a new Moon poster I came past, pretty cool right.

From IMDB

Sam Bell (Sam Rockwell) is nearing the end of his contract with Lunar. He's been a faithful employee for 3 long years. His home has been Selene, a moon base where he has spent his days alone, mining Helium 3. The precious gas holds the key to reversing the Earth's energy crisis.

Isolated, determined and steadfast, Sam has followed the rulebook obediently and his time on the moon has been enlightening, but uneventful. The solitude has given him time to reflect on the mistakes of his past and work on his raging temper. He does his job mechanically, and spends most of his available time dreaming of his imminent return to Earth, to his wife, young daughter and an early retirement.

But 2 weeks shy of his departure from Selene, Sam starts seeing things, hearing things and feeling strange. And when a routine extraction goes horribly wrong, he discovers that Lunar have their own plans for replacing him and the new recruit is eerily familiar.

Before he can return to Earth, Sam has to confront himself and the discovery that the life he has created, may not be his own. It's more than his contract that is set to expire.
Well, that looks and sounds like every, overrated 'intelligent' sci-fi film I've ever had the displeasure to see. (sorry, but I probably do mean every great sci-fi whoever's reading this loves.)

Trouble is, I really like Sam Rockwell, I think he's a very good actor and this is the type of film that should give him the opportunity to put in a stellar performance. So, is a good, likeable actor giving a great performance enough to get me past all the other stuff that'd usually make this film a no-go for me? I'll guess I have to wait and see.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I've been looking forward to this one for some time now.

Suspect's Reviews

A system of cells interlinked
Early word looks quite positive on this one, standing at 100% positive on RT so far...

Very interesting. The synopsis alone gives me theories about the ending, though. I'm sure most of you love Sam Rockwell as much as I do, and I love me a good high concept film, so I'll almost certainly be seeing this if at all possible.

Looks like 2009.
Just a little, huh? I still want to see it though.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Poster is sweet, trailer is sweet, mostly the poster is sweet.

I'm talking about this poster -

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I have seen a preview for this movie and I cannot wait to see it it looks like it is going to be a great sci fi movie. TBH I would love to have a job where im on my own living working on the moon. That would be sweet as anything, but the problem is no internet :/