The Wire, The Sopranos, or Breaking Bad?

Tools    

The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad?
28.00%
7 votes
The Wire
36.00%
9 votes
The Sopranos
36.00%
9 votes
Breaking Bad
25 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I'm kinda curious if we ever get to see the actual president.
Wait & see.

Oh, I always watch everything with subtitles/closed-captioning on.
Heck, yes. I will not watch anything without subs. I actually started this with The Wire. I was missing plot points since it’s human nature to mumble. Suddenly dawned on me to turn on subs. Well, duh.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Wait & see.

Heck, yes. I will not watch anything without subs. I actually started this with The Wire. I was missing plot points since it’s human nature to mumble. Suddenly dawned on me to turn on subs. Well, duh.
I started with subtitles when I started watching the Outlander series on Starz. Those Scottish accents are sometimes rougher than British ones for me to decipher. Now I just leave them on with everything.

I started with subtitles when I started watching the Outlander series on Starz. Those Scottish accents are sometimes rougher than British ones for me to decipher. Now I just leave them on with everything.
Scots are Brits, as you know, but I do know what you mean.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Scots are Brits, as you know, but I do know what you mean.
Definitely different accents, though. Maybe I should have said Scots versus ... Londoners?

Those Scots spit all over people with those rough consonants, almost as much as we Germans do. (I'm Scottish and German--I somehow got stuck with language heritages that make you feel like you're coughing up phlegm all the time.)

The Wire has ambitions that exceed its grasp. It stumbles as the seasons go on.

Breaking Bad has a complete arc.

Duplicate Account (locked)

Breaking Bad has a complete arc.

More specifically, what dont you like? I loved the whole thing and I only felt they slipped when marlo's gang was telling him that Omar was trying to meet him in street, marlo's reaction was kinda unconvincing but that added to the humor of the show.

More specifically, what dont you like? I loved the whole thing and I only felt they slipped when marlo's gang was telling him that Omar was trying to meet him in street, marlo's reaction was kinda unconvincing but that added to the humor of the show.

The show is ambitious in giving us changing points of view. We're on the streets. We're on the docks. We're in the newsroom. It's just that not all of these stories are of equal quality. It's cool that it is attempting to show systemic corruption from multiple angle, but the execution falls off. It is really, really hard to come up with an angle that's a winner. Michael Jordan was a great basketball player and forgettable baseball player. Sam Kinison was a talented comedian, but then he decided he was also going to be a rock star. Likewise, it's really hard to find a show that is a hit from one angle.

Duplicate Account (locked)
Six Feet Under is a fabulous series about an emotionally unstable family running a business and talking to dead people, HBO certainly knows how to deliver high quality stuff. Nip tuck is next on my list because i've heard lots of good things about it...you all made John Adams sound pretty sexy too. Speaking of period shows...what's ya'lls take on "Rome"? Looks appealing. Clavdius is pretty spectacular, an old BBC series from the 70's on the romans.

Breaking Bad, since it was instantly one of my favorite shows from the start, while I never loved the other two quite as much.

Disagree. It was brilliant from start to finish.

Six Feet Under is a fabulous series about an emotionally unstable family running a business and talking to dead people, HBO certainly knows how to deliver high quality stuff. Nip tuck is next on my list because i've heard lots of good things about it...you all made John Adams sound pretty sexy too. Speaking of period shows...what's ya'lls take on "Rome"? Looks appealing. Clavdius is pretty spectacular, an old BBC series from the 70's on the romans.
Six Feet Under is terrific. Seen it 3 times I think.

I generally avoid period series. Claudius on the BBC was sensational back in the day, but I couldn’t watch it now. Way too clunky & old-fashioned.

Disagree. It was brilliant from start to finish.
Eh, I didn't like The Wire as much as BB; I mean, don't get me wrong, it was an ambitious, well-written show (at least for the most part), but it was also kind of a slow, low-energy experience in general, which prevented it from engrossing me the same way that Bad did.