Movies ruined by sequels

Tools    

Originally Posted by r3port3r66
I'm not sure what you mean either; "movies ruined by sequels", but what I think you mean is that the original was good, however the continuation of the story via sequels did nothing to enhance or further the storyline of the original.
Yea i meant something like that when I made this.

The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. The other two were so much better- this one did not at all fill my expectations.

Get off my island
Batman and Batman Returns were good.

Batman Forever was average

But Batman and Robin was just... you know.

It doesn't make me think good things of the series as a whole.

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

Originally Posted by dhagar
The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. The other two were so much better- this one did not at all fill my expectations.

arrg matey, you blaspheme and blasphemers don't go down well in my book! Just kidding, I respect your opinion, just STRONGLY disagree.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Suppresion, I am going to have to vehemently disagree with you. Ghostbusters 2 is probably better than the first one. That creepy guy who loves Dana is hilarious. And what about Die hard 3? Sam Jackson? I think is was the best Die hard.

In my opinion, the mtrix trilogy is like Ken Griffey Jr's career. At the begining it looked like it would be the best trilogy ever, in the middle it was bad but could still end up great, and the end is just horrible.

And this is my BOOMstick!
First of all, the first Jurassic Park sucked. All talk, no action, gay acting. The sequels are so much better. i can actually add them to my favourites. As for Matrix, WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING WHILE MAKING THE SEQUELS. What ruled about the first matrix is a pretty original plot and the slo-mo scenes. I can live with that. But after seeing Neo do the superman and a buch of other queer stuff, I was really dissapointed. I don't even want to go see the third one, because in the trailer it showed Neo and that fag Smith jump 500 hundred feet up in the air, and fight while they're flying. OMG, I can't believe people find that interesting. The second Matrix was as entartaining as a box of pig ****. Come to think of it, all sequels suck. Except for (the greatest movie ever) Army of Darkness. That is the best movie, with the best actor, and the best sense of humor I've seen in years. Screw the rest.

BANNED
Originally Posted by dhagar
I STRONGLY disagree as well.

the one that annoys me the most is definately Jurassic Park 3. The first one was excellent, the second was, well, 'bearable', but the third was simply awful. I don't understand how the director can not realise he is making a movie without a storyline. i HATE sequels than ruin the original.

Matrix
Dumb and Dumber
Jurassic Park

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by jrs
Superman
I agree with you there, I thought the first Superman was awesome. I thought the second one was a worthy sequel, but Superman 3 and 4 were just horrible.

Actually some sequels actually keep em coming back....

ROCKY?

Beg to differ, you say?

Horror sequels totally suck, i.e.Halloween, Friday the 13th, Hellraiser.

What was the deal with The Crow-City of Angels?

What I NEED to see is Usual Suspects 2 - Soze Returns! Along with all the Original Cast-It was all a dream. (actual movie title)

I am having a nervous breakdance
Personally I think there is far too many sequels being made nowadays. I don't think there are many films that motivates a sequel really. But I remember that after having seen the ending of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon I thought to myself "That's it! It's all set up for a sequel!". I suspect that Ang Lee, a practical man, did this on purpose; he made the end open so in case he felt like making a sequel it wouldn't feel forced or weird. Like, hasn't Ridley Scott announced that he is making a sequel of Gladiator?? What the hell will that one be about??

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

So you want a bad sequel? Well, do you, punk!?

How about Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2. I absolutely loved the original, because it was just that; highly original. The sequel just stank; bad acting, bad plot (if any), bad SFX, etc...

Still love the original, though!

Cheers, Martin

Most Disney films like little mermaid 2 and Cinderella 2 YUCK WTF were they thinking besides to suck the youth of america dry of all it's worth

Pirates of The Carribean

Originally Posted by Nitzer
First of all, the first Jurassic Park sucked. All talk, no action, gay acting. The sequels are so much better. i can actually add them to my favourites. As for Matrix, WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING WHILE MAKING THE SEQUELS. What ruled about the first matrix is a pretty original plot and the slo-mo scenes. I can live with that. Come to think of it, all sequels suck. Except for (the greatest movie ever) Army of Darkness. That is the best movie, with the best actor, and the best sense of humor I've seen in years. Screw the rest.
yo first of the sequels to jurrasic park suked the first was a classic. and second there r plenty of good sequels. most arent better than the original but i can name a few. like terminator 2, star wars return of the jedi. some other sequels that r good but not better than the first is Rush hour 2, next friday, American pie 2 and 3, God Father 2 and thats just off the top of my head.

yea sequels suk

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
yo first of the sequels to jurrasic park suked the first was a classic. and second there r plenty of good sequels. most arent better than the original but i can name a few. like terminator 2, star wars return of the jedi. some other sequels that r good but not better than the first is Rush hour 2, next friday, American pie 2 and 3, God Father 2 and thats just off the top of my head.
That's your opinion because I'm going to have to disagree with some of the statements you posted. Return of the Jedi is not better then The Empire Strike's Back. Return of the Jedi [in my opinion of course] has to be the weakest film in the OT and I'm sure many agree. The Godfather Part II barely accomplished beating it's own predecessor.

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews

Originally Posted by T-850
That's your opinion because I'm going to have to disagree with some of the statements you posted. Return of the Jedi is not better then The Empire Strike's Back. Return of the Jedi [in my opinion of course] has to be the weakest film in the OT and I'm sure many agree. The Godfather Part II barely accomplished beating it's own predecessor.
the sequels i listed at the bottom (like star wars and godfather) were movies i said werent as good as the originals but they were still good. i do thin ermpire strikes back was the best and i personaly like godfather 1 more than 2.

The Green Lantern
Highlander 2--sucked

Mortal Kombat 2--sucked

Batman Forever, Batman & Robin--double sucked

Superman III & Superman IV--super sucked

The Crow II & III--sucked

Wishmaster II & III--sucked
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."