The Personal Recommendation Hall of Fame III: Foreign Language Edition

Tools    

I think I have a good one for you, actually there was a number of ones that I thing you would have liked. I also hope everyone likes their movie choice, I tried real hard!
I had a few options for you as well but I think I hit something you will really like.

I waive the time limit as well. Choose any film.
Choosing films for everyone now
Tell me a bit about what type of foreign language film movements you've liked and disliked? I know you did one of the movie challenges that had lots of sub categories.

I think I have a good one for you, actually there was a number of ones that I thing you would have liked. I also hope everyone likes their movie choice, I tried real hard!
You and Raul were the easiest for obvious reasons. Cricket too, but he has seen freaking everything.

The trick is not minding
*Looks at Siddon’s options*
*panics*
*sweats profusely*
*realizes he probably won’t like what I pick anyways and just selects something*

I had a few options for you as well but I think I hit something you will really like.
Cool...I would think I should be easy to chose for as I haven't seen a lot of the well known greats. Now Cricket and Siddon, they've seen everything just about!

The trick is not minding
Tell me a bit about what type of foreign language film movements you've liked and disliked? I know you did one of the movie challenges that had lots of sub categories.
I’ll try anything really. Japanese new wave, and Japanese films in general, French New Wave, and Italian Neo realism especially. But feel free to pick anything. I’m open to all experiences.

I’ll try anything really. Japanese new wave, and Japanese films in general, French New Wave, and Italian Neo realism especially. But feel free to pick anything. I’m open to all experiences.
Perfect that's what I was hoping you'd say! I've been wanting to pick this one film for someone...so you're it

My heart wants to waive the time limit, but my tired ass laughs at the prospect of watching a 3+ hour film

To avoid over-thinking, I looked at everyone's favorites, tried to say a common thread (Uplifting! Technically solid! Etc!), then picked the first film I saw that matched those criteria.

Also, what happens if more than one person recommends the same film for the same person?

To avoid over-thinking, I looked at everyone's favorites, tried to say a common thread (Uplifting! Technically solid! Etc!), then picked the first film I saw that matched those criteria.

Also, what happens if more than one person recommends the same film for the same person?
Cricket will ask you to choose something else

*raises hand*
In my defense, Siddon is hard to pick for 😑
Raises hand too, both my picks for Siddon and Thursday were already taken

I'm so nervous, it's like Christmas.
I put way more effort into choosing movies for you guys, then I do choosing Christmas presents

The reveal is always fun.
:yp:

That's a good idea. Just out of curiosity what common thread did you see in my Top 10?

Cricket will ask you to choose something else
Yup!

That's a good idea. Just out of curiosity what common thread did you see in my Top 10?
Classics with strong character work.

But so that no one thinks this is tipping my hand, I tried to go with the spirit of what people like as opposed to strict demographics. So some people tended to have one genre or era represented, but my recs didn't always fit those parameters.

For example, I was more likely to be guided by optimism! than movies from the 70s!.