The Personal Recommendation Hall of Fame III: Foreign Language Edition

Tools    

I'll play.

Can you say again how we know which films people have and have not seen? (Am I supposed to be filling out lists somewhere for others to look at?)

And for anyone picking a film for me, I do not watch films from directors or actors who are sexual predators, and especially people who have victimized children. So if you recommend me something from someone like Victor Salva or Roman Polanski, I won't be sassy/salty about it, I simply will not watch that film. (Not that anyone trying to win this thing would recommend me such a film, but just a general heads up). Same thing goes for films featuring unsimulated animal abuse/violence. I am not opposed to violence or even disturbing content, but harm that has been done to actual living beings completely ruins a film for me. Work and life have been stressful, and I'm not going to bend this personal preference just to be "in the spirit of the game" or whatever. If you are concerned about a film, just give me the title and I'll be happy to let you know if I'd consider it to be in the no-zone.
Yea just like Mark said. You have your lists filled out so every other member will pick one from those lists that you haven't seen. You look at the other participant's lists and pick a movie for each one that they haven't seen. You just want to make sure your lists are up to date.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I do have one question, does it have to be on a list? This is mainly pertaining to Cricket as I don't have a lot of options for him. But I can think of one he maybe hasn't seen that he would really like.

I do have one question, does it have to be on a list? This is mainly pertaining to Cricket as I don't have a lot of options for him. But I can think of one he maybe hasn't seen that he would really like.
Yes, but if you have a good side recommendation for me then I'd be happy to try it.

How do I get to someone's lists who has curated lists?

I git to crickets lists no problem but couldn't get to Citizens.
Next to his Avatar I just press the icon next to the star

I always thought I knew the fewest tricks
I knew that too. Just had been a minute. I was making it all complicated going into the profile. I feel dumb.

The trick is not minding
Wish I could join, but I’m still in the middle of two other HOF and a third would really be too much. Sorry guys 🙁.

I already have a lineup of foreign films set up this month, with Herzog, Fukusaku, Chahine, Hark, Pasolini, and Hsou-Hsien films on tap that are available for streaming. Among others.
Have fun guys!

Anyways for the foreign option I went ahead and exed out some films I watched 20-30 years ago(or films I hadn't finished) so you guys can have some other options for me, I know the chances of people seeing something I hadn't seen before are pretty slim...
  • The Rules of the Game
  • Andrei Rublev
  • The Conformist
  • Come and See
  • Rififi
The other thing to consider is here are some foreign noirs on the list
  • Story of a Love Affair
  • 36th Precinct
  • Death Is A Caress
  • Foreign Land
  • Castle of Sand
  • Der Verlorne
  • The Beautiful Troublemaker
Which if you are going to do a blind nom (which I think many people are going to do for me) Going noir or documentary would be a smart idea.

just a heads up

I'm not going to check time limits. If someone gets a movie chosen for them that they deem too long to watch just send me a pm and I'll get a replacement. When picking for me, any length is fine.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I didn't know there even was 2 halls going on right now, BTW.

And Siddons will have to be a blind nom basically from me. Cricket is close to that too.

I didn't know there even was 2 halls going on right now, BTW.
I think what Wyldesyde meant was that he had the 24th and the Personal Rec II to finish. Unless there's something going on that I'm not aware of?

The trick is not minding
I think what Wyldesyde meant was that he had the 24th and the Personal Rec II to finish. Unless there's something going on that I'm not aware of?
You’re correct. Those two. Although I’m finishing up Personal Recc 2 tonight.