What would you reccomend?

Tools    

Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums. Hope to have a good time here ;O

Well anyways, I was wondering anyone could reccomend a movie that could fit the (The Ring, Ringu, Ringu 2, The Blair Witch Project) type of scare/oddity.
I have been always on the lookout for movies like these and I'm having a hard time finding anything that would be such a creepy unique experience as these mentioned movies were.

By the way I just saw "Battle Royale" and I must say I love it :P

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I'd say The Eye is a safe bet. A little different but great is Nightwatch (1994). If you decide to see the latter, make sure it is the Denmark version, not the 1998 American remake.

The King of Horror
If u want a creepy movie I would try IN THE MOUTH OF MADDNESS that is great creepy movie.

I saw that coming somehow....

The King of Horror
What Beale u don't think that In The Mouth of Maddness is a good creepy movie

ps I have never heard of The Eye what is it about?

Originally Posted by Sutter Kain
I have never heard of The Eye what is it about?

After a childhood without sight, Mun (Lee) undergoes a cornea transplant. She recovers and enters a brave new chapter of her life. Slowly adjusting to the beautiful chaos around her, she notices grey shapes hovering at the edges of her vision. The gift of sight is a mixed blessing for Mun - she witnesses the passage of souls that weave lost paths through the fabric of human life. When her sightings of the dead intensify and threaten what remains of her fragile psyche, she travels to a village in northern Thailand to uncover the identity of the donor with whose sight she has been cursed.

No. It is really creepy, and scary (as I recall). Its just I thought you'd recommend it.

Plot via IMDB:

"A blind girl gets a cornea transplant so that she would be able to see again. However, she got more than what she bargained for when she realised she could even see ghosts. And some of these ghosts are down right unfriendly. So she embarks on a journey to find the origins of her cornea and to reveal the history of the previous dead owner ..."

Sorry. I posted without thinking to look to see if you had already explained the plot. Opps.....

The King of Horror
I disagree I thought it was creepy cause of the people turning to those monsters. Will agree that it is not scary at all but I thought it was a creepy movie.

Thank you jrs I will check it out it sounds like a good movie. hey have ever seen in the mouth of maddness? If so what did u think of it?

Ahh, In the Mouth of Madness is a great movie, The Eye sounds creepy enough o_o, Nightwatch hmm I shall look into that, not too many choices I see... I just want to see something that I can watch by myself... midnight... nothing but me and the movie.. and (the ugly sensation of next day work ugh). Gore movies like ehhhhh House of 1000 Corpses just makes me laugh. =)

Don't Look Now (1973 - Nicolas Roeg)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The Future Ed Wood
The Eye is a good film (not as good as Ringu) but I feel it is let down by the ending. Try and get your hands on Dark Water, that is a far superior film to The Eye.

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

I am having a nervous breakdance
Audition is a japanese horror film. I saw the trailer on my Ring copy, liked what I saw and bought it. I was not that impressed with it but check it out and see what you think.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

The Future Ed Wood
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Audition is a japanese horror film. I saw the trailer on my Ring copy, liked what I saw and bought it. I was not that impressed with it but check it out and see what you think.
You didnt like Audition?

I loved this film, I know the build up as slow but it paid off at the end, I have a thing for asain ladies and after watching this it put me off them for like ten whole minutes!!

I See You When You're Sleeping
All great films mentioned here, I'm quite interested in this 'genre' too. I really need to catch 'the eye'. I'll have to buy it very soon.

Have you seen weekend at bernies? I'm not sure if there is a japanese version out there but you have to check it out - it's scary. The plot? Well two guys have to stay at their boss's house (bernie) only to find him dead. Something strange is going on and the two guys are trapped with the dead body and the creepy suspicions surrounding it.

I think there's a sequel somewhere, I'm not sure.....

Hehehe.

Did everyone take note of Holden's choice?

I sure did! It looks cool. I'm gonna check it out.

Never conform, never compromise....
Originally Posted by Sutter Kain
I disagree I thought it was creepy cause of the people turning to those monsters. Will agree that it is not scary at all but I thought it was a creepy movie.

Thank you jrs I will check it out it sounds like a good movie. hey have ever seen in the mouth of maddness? If so what did u think of it?

In the Mouth of Madness is one of the best horror/thriller movies out there, bar none. Also I have been wanting to check out The Eye...apparently it is out, I will have to see if I can find it.
- Corey Taylor (2002)

Shame on you Mr Bush, shame on you!
you have to check out Kaïro as well. Or maybe its called Pulse in usa. I think there is an american remake on its way. Hope not!
I feel hate 'cause I move fast