Optimus Reviews

→ in
Tools    

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I agree about Civil War. I thought it was overrated too. The first Marvel movie to bore me and partly annoy me.
Glad to see someone else think its overated too. How the hell its so well recieved baffles me.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""

Dumb And Dumber
Directed By: Peter Farrelly And Bobby Farrelly

The Story
The story is ridiculous, the cast and characters are ridiculous, the whole movie is ridiculous, and yet i loved every single minute of it. From the moment the movie started till the moment the movie ended i couldn't stop laughing. My jaw was actually hurting from laughing at how bad this movie actually is. The problem is tho, the movie is that bad its actually good. And that line can only be understood by watching this movie. Its hilarious, its crazy, its complete bonkers and i love it.

Movie Trivia;
When Harry and Lloyd are in the car, Lloyd asks if Harry wants to hear the most annoying sound in the world. This was not originally in the script (you can tell by the look on Jeff Daniels' face).

According to the Farrelly brothers, Jeff Daniels wasn't wanted for the film, but Jim Carrey wanted him in it. In order to ensure a no from him, they offered Daniels $50,000 for the role. He accepted without any hesitation nor did he attempt to negotiate, despite insistence from his agent the film would "kill his career." By 1994, the film was Daniels' most successful.

During filming, Jim Carrey stayed the night at the Stanley Hotel and requested to stay in the infamous room 217 (see Stephen King's: The Shining). According to the tour guide at the hotel, about three hours after Carrey went to sleep, he came running out of the room and left the hotel. To this day, he vows to never go back and won't tell anybody why. It is said to be because he saw the ghost of his grandfather.

Jim Carrey was initially offered $700,000 to appear in the film. However, the offer went in the same week when Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994) opened at number 1 in the US box office, so by the time Carrey's agents had renegotiated with the film's producers, his salary had upped itself to $7 million, almost half the film's budg

The Cast
The cast are fantastic.... hmmm i think. Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are at there very best here. The pair of them are thick as pig s***, and wind up in some very funny situations, which there is alot of. Every single moment you find yourself laughing or even smiling at just how funny the pair of them are, and there chemistry is superb.

Movie Highlight
I can't pick one scene or moment I particularly like, because trust me there are so many. The dinner scene, the cop scene, the toilet scene, and of course the owl scene are all very funny moments, which most of you will probably already know. Hahaha, i also love the moment Lloyd sells his dead headless bird to a blind kid. The moment we see him sitting stroking his bird is hilarious. ( but also harsh of course).

My Verdict
Very funny movie is my verdict. Sure its stupid, very silly, and childish, but sometimes thats not a bad thing. I'm thinking maybe i should finally watch the sequel.

Nice review. The whole 'stupid and silly but funny' verdict reminds me of the Mr Bean live-action series and films. Yeah, Mr Bean is an idiot and he does do some rather pathetic things but that's what makes him so endearing.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Nice review. The whole 'stupid and silly but funny' verdict reminds me of the Mr Bean live-action series and films. Yeah, Mr Bean is an idiot and he does do some rather pathetic things but that's what makes him so endearing.
My little lad watches the animated Mr Bean and its still pretty funny.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
LOOOOVE Dumb and Dumber!!! Haven't seen the two sequels because I've heard they fall very short of the original, so I've been more than just a little hesitant.

and a BIG FAN of Mr. Bean

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
LOOOOVE Dumb and Dumber!!! Haven't seen the two sequels because I've heard they fall very short of the original, so I've been more than just a little hesitant.

and a BIG FAN of Mr. Bean
Huh, 2 sequels?.

Huh, 2 sequels?.
you're correct there aren't two sequels, per say, but there are two follow-up movies... one is a prequel though, which is the one ed referred to I'm sure...

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Mighty Joe Young
Directed By: Ron Underwood

The Story
Typical Disney movie really. Very family friendly, nice cast, and some heartwarming moments that the kids will likely enjoy. I personally thought it was a watered down version of King King. I thought it was a little predictable, and a little boring at times, but my little boy loved it so i suppose thats all that matters with these kinda movies.

Movie Trivia;

Since Gorillas in the Mist (1988), (Rick Baker) stated that he would not do any more projects that involved creating animatronic apes. Baker had to break that statement when he did Baby's Day Out (1994), in which a scene features a gorilla. After that film he once again stated that he would not do any more ape projects, but when he got called to work on this film he changed his mind. It was because of Baker's love for King Kong and the original film that changed his mind. This would be his last film that Baker created an animatronic gorilla suit.

The melody being played on the boardwalk is "Beautiful Dreamer," the favorite of Joe in the original film.

On July 2, 1997, during filming in the San Fernando Valley, director of photography Donald Peterman and camera operator Ray De La Motte were injured after the Panther Pegasus camera crane they were riding on snapped, causing them to fall 25 feet to the ground. Peterman suffered a broken leg, broken ribs and minor head injuries, and De La Motte received minor chest and back injuries. Production was halted for two days, and Peterman was replaced by Oliver Wood. In 2000, Peterman sued Panther, as well as Shotmaker Company, the crane's supplier, and won a $5 million settlement.

The Cast
I thought the cast were all pretty good. I have liked Bill Paxton since the first time i seen Twister. And Charlize Theron is one of the sexiest actresses around today so thats always a bonus aswell i suppose. The star of the show of course is Joe, who actually looked pretty cool.

Movie Highlight
My movie highlight has to be the movie ending. My little boy got very upset thinking Joe had died, and 5 minutes later Disney delivered there happy heartwarming ending that put on smile right back on his face, which is always nice to see.

My Verdict
Overall Mighty Joe Young was good. Obviously it's not one of Disneys best movies, infact its far from it, but it does have its nice moments, and it was pretty entertaining in some parts. Plus my little lad now has a new favourite movie, so little one's should love it.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Blood Father
Directed By: Jean-François Richet

The Story
If your expecting a revenge movie full of over the top action and crazy fight scenes then Blood Father may leave you feeling a little disappointed. Sure there's a little action here and there, but the movie focuses more on the relationship between father and daughter. The story itself is nothing new or original, but the performances make this movie shine a little brighter to similar movies out there.

Movie Trivia;

In 2008 Sylvester Stallone was planning to direct and star in an adaptation of Peter Craig's novel Blood Father.

Raoul Max Trujillo has worked with Mel Gibson before. He played a major role as the Chief warrior in Apocalypto (2006) which was directed by Gibson.

The movie Lydia is watching in the theater is Assault on Precinct 13 (2005) which was directed by Jean-François Richet.
The bar in this film is the same bar as in The Guest (2014).

Mel Gibson lives in a trailer that gets wasted by the bad guys as in the Lethal Weapon series.

The Cast
The cast are great. I have been a fan of Mel Gibson ever since i first seen Lethal Weapon, so it was great to see him back on the screen. Him and his daughter played by Erin Moriarty have fantastic chemistry and both of them deliver solid performances. I think i enjoyed the movie that little bit more because of how believable they were as father and daughter.

Movie Highlight
My movie highlight would have to be the whole look and feel of the movie. I like how everything was simple and strange, it sort of felt like a grindhouse throwback. I also like how John and Lydia arn't your typical perfect family. I like that Lydia wernt this innocent daughter, and i liked that John wernt this doting father. The pair of them have major issues and are pretty messed up.

My Verdict
Overall pretty good movie thanks to some very fine performances. But be aware action is not the movies strong point. So if your expecting a Taken style movie you may be disappointed. I'm really hoping this opens the door to more roles for Mel Gibson, i miss the crazy f*****.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Finding Dory
Directed By: Andrew Stanton

The Story
Finding Dory is the perfect example of how a sequel should be done. It kept the magic and spark from the first movie, and then added new and exciting characters to the mix. The story is fun, exciting, and great for all the family, especially the little ones they will love it.

Movie Trivia;

Hank has only seven tentacles because the animators realized they could not fit eight onto his body. His backstory was rewritten to account for the missing limb.

Hayden Rolence replaces Alexander Gould as the voice of Nemo, due to having outgrown his original role since Finding Nemo (2003), though Gould does have a Cameo as Passenger Carl.

Finding Dory (2016) was first announced by Ellen DeGeneres, who voices Dory, on her talk show following a long campaign for a sequel.

The license plate on the truck is CALA113. "A113" appears in all Pixar movies, as a reference to the Cal Arts room where many of the animators of Pixar Studios attended.

The Characters
Even tho it was great seeing Nemo, Marlin, and Dory again, i really enjoyed the new characters too. Hank the Octopus, Destiny a near sighted whale shark, and Baily the Beluga whale were all great new additions that added some much loved humour to the movie, especially Hank he was great. I also enjoyed the gang of seals or sea lions (whatever they were) sitting on the rocks outside the aquarium, i thought they were pretty funny too. All the characters were spot on.

Movie Highlight
My movie highlight would have to be the movies story and location. I really enjoyed the whole aquarium idea, and thought it was a really nice touch. I also enjoyed the post credits scene too. It was a nice way of linking the two movies together a little more. P

My Verdict
Finding Dory was a really nice movie. It had lots of fun characters and lots of humour. My little boy actually enjoyed it more than Finding Nemo, and will no doubt play this movie out till the point of me hating every single minute of it. (Like many others).

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Independence Day: Resurgence
Directed By: Roland Emmerich

The Story
The story is just one big mess. Seriously, the world as we know it has gone, and in only 20 years since the last movie the world has evolved beyond belief. Everything we loved about the first movie has been ripped away. The humour, the coolness, the tention and fear of an Alien attack, everything has gone. No one seems to give a S*** in this movie about Aliens. The young cast just drop bad one liners after bad one liners. Oh, and when the Aliens finally do attack you just don't care.

Movie Trivia;

Soon after the success of the first film, 20th Century Fox paid Dean Devlin a large sum of money to write a script for a sequel. However, after completing the script, Devlin didn't turn in the script and instead gave the money back to the studio, as he felt the story didn't live up to the first film. It was only approximately 15 years later, that Devlin met up with Roland Emmerich to try again, having felt that they had "cracked" a story for a sequel.

The movie has been given a $200,000,000 budget, $125,000,000 more than its predecessor, Independence Day (1996), which had a $75,000,000 budget and had a box office result of $817,400,000, making it the highest grossing movie of 1996.

Will Smith was supposed to reprise the role of Captain Steven Hiller, but Fox refused to meet his request for a $50 million salary for two sequels. Roland Emmerich confirmed Smith would not be returning for the sequel in June 2013 to Daily News, but mentioned that Jeff Goldblum would return to reprise his role as David Levinson.

The movie is dedicated to actor Robert Loggia, who appears in both Independence Day (1996) and Independence Day: Resurgence (2016), and passed away in 2015. The film's closing credits dedication reads: "In Memoriam: Robert Loggia".

The Cast
The cast are awful, and even that i think is a compliment. Everything we loved about the characters in the first movie has also gone. Former president Whitmore (Bill Pullman) was my favourite character in the first movie, but it this movie he SUCKS. Oh and guess who else sucks?. Jeff Goldblum, Liam Hemsworth, Jessie Usher, and Brent Spiner. There is honestly no one who i remotely cared about, no one i cared for, or no one i even liked. I was actually cheering for the Aliens.

Movie Highlight
There isn't a movie highlight. Independence Day 2 is one of the worst sequels i have ever seen, and i say good on Will Smith for staying clear of this pile of garbage. If some day Aliens actually do come to earth, i say we give them a bag of popcorn and make them watch this, they will soon F*** off home.

My Verdict
i can't believe i waited 20 years for this pile of crap. Why they couldn't just stick to what made the first movie so successful i'll never know. Awful cast, awful story, and one of the stupidist endings I've ever seen is enough for me to warn everyone away for this movie. Complete disappointment.

Independence Day: Resurgence
Directed By: Roland Emmerich

The Story
The story is just one big mess. Seriously, the world as we know it has gone, and in only 20 years since the last movie the world has evolved beyond belief. Everything we loved about the first movie has been ripped away. The humour, the coolness, the tention and fear of an Alien attack, everything has gone. No one seems to give a S*** in this movie about Aliens. The young cast just drop bad one liners after bad one liners. Oh, and when the Aliens finally do attack you just don't care.

The Cast
The cast are awful, and even that i think is a compliment. Everything we loved about the characters in the first movie has also gone. Former president Whitmore (Bill Pullman) was my favourite character in the first movie, but it this movie he SUCKS. Oh and guess who else sucks?. Jeff Goldblum, Liam Hemsworth, Jessie Usher, and Brent Spiner. There is honestly no one who i remotely cared about, no one i cared for, or no one i even liked. I was actually cheering for the Aliens.

Movie Highlight
There isn't a movie highlight. Independence Day 2 is one of the worst sequels i have ever seen, and i say good on Will Smith for staying clear of this pile of garbage. If some day Aliens actually do come to earth, i say we give them a bag of popcorn and make them watch this, they will soon F*** off home.

My Verdict
i can't believe i waited 20 years for this pile of crap. Why they couldn't just stick to what made the first movie so successful i'll never know. Awful cast, awful story, and one of the stupidist endings I've ever seen is enough for me to warn everyone away for this movie. Complete disappointment.

I couldn't agree more. But here's the real kicker...

They're working on an Independence Day 3.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Under Siege
Directed By: Andrew Davis

The Story
The Story is basically Die Hard on a boat. But instead of John McClane we have Casey Ryback, and instead of a chubby black guy helping our hero, we now have a sexy stripper called Jordan (damn she's hot). Oh, and just like Die Hard there are a gang of bad guys holding people hostage, only in Under Siege these bad guy's eat slabs of meat and wear leather jackets ( real badass)

Movie Trivia;

Nine of the actors in this film, including Tommy Lee Jones, returned a year later to appear in the film The Fugitive (1993), also directed by Andrew Davis.

Erika Eleniak, who plays Jordan Tate "Miss July 1989" actually was Playboy Playmate of the Month for July, 1989. Eleniak was a cast member on the TV series Baywatch (1989) which has a lifeguard named Jordan Tate portrayed by Traci Bingham.

Steven Seagal claimed in an interview that the role of Erika Eleniak was not included in the original screenplay and that he personally suggested the inclusion of a stripper as a sidekick to add some humor to the film.

Harrison Ford watched this film while he was deciding whether to take on the lead role in The Fugitive (1993), which had Andrew Davis already set to direct. Ford was greatly impressed by Davis' work here and immediately accepted that role.

The Cast
The cast are great. Steven Seagal shows of his martial arts skills taking bad guy's out here there and everywhere. Tommy Lee Jones does what Tommy Lee Jones does best..... shouting, and alot of it. And Gary Busey walks around making strange faces which of course he's great at. We then have the very sexy, the very hot, and the star of the movie Erika Eleniak, and thats not just because we see her shake her fine ass... .

Movie Highlight
The highlight of the movie for me is definitely the action. Steven Seagal is in fine form in this movie, and it's definitely his best movie out there (if that really counts for anything). I'd even go as far as to say it's one of the best action movies out there full stop, its a very cool movie.

My Verdict
Another great 90's action movie full of cool characters, cheesy lines, and hot girls. They really don't make action movies like they used to anymore, and its a damn shame.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
damn glad to hear Finding Dory is as good as you say - I was truly hoping it would be.
And thanks for the breakdown on Blood Father, I've been tempted to see it on Netflix. . .
Haven't seen Under Siege since it came out back in the 90's, just might have to do a revisit (particularly for Erika )