Where Can I Download Movies?

Tools    

Movie Forums Extra
hi everyone. i have a question. does any1 know a site where I can download new movies for free? for example my friend downloaded the movie 300 a week after it came out. please note that by free i mean free resistration and download.

Your help is greatly appritiated!

= ]

Try FBI.com, go under the I want to turn myself in section. Enter your email and home address and just wait, pretty soon you will be able to download all the movies you want.

Movie Forums Extra
wow! so funny. its not illegal in some countries (like canada)

wow! so funny. its not illegal in some countries (like canada)
Nonsense; it's not allowed in Canada, either, but isn't currently a criminal offense. Something which will surely change before long.

Regardless, we don't allow people to link to such sites here. Any further requests of this nature will result in banning.

Out of curiosity, are there any legal sites out there that offer downloads of movies? I find it hard to believe that no one's gone Napster in that territory yet...

If there are sites like that, would you be interested in downloading?

*making use of a useless thread*

Should I call you Logan, Weapon X?
Out of curiosity, are there any legal sites out there that offer downloads of movies? I find it hard to believe that no one's gone Napster in that territory yet...

Yes there are. Can;t be bothered to find and name them. Just google it

Plus everyone warez at some point

Randomly visiting for now

I like supporting the industry so not really. There are definately programs though because I have friends that get movies, TV series and music videos illegally using file sharing programs. I'm pretty sure it's illegal in most countries, don't know how it's enforced though, but yeah I guess it's a conscience thing.

Em, I was asking about "legal downloading" (if there is such a thing). I'm very familiar with illegal downloading and do it frequently.
You can legally download movies from:

Itunes/Apple
Vizumi
CinemaNow
MovieFlix
Movielink

Plus loads more. Google-it!

Well, going Napster wouldn't be legal, because Napster wasn't. But yeah, I don't think there are any beyond the obvious ones at the moment; iTunes, most notably.

Sure, I probably would at some point, if the selection was good enough.

But yeah, I don't think there are any beyond the obvious ones at the moment; iTunes, most notably.
Wal-Mart.com has movies you can download. It's a beta version, but whatever, they have them. And they have a lot. Although I don't think they're being very ALWAYS LOW PRICES with them. Most are about $14.88. Some $9.88. Some $7.50.

Click Entertainment > Movies > Video Downloads

No need to shout mate... I wasn't actually planning on using those services. I was wondering if anyone did and why...
Shouting? I just typed a list of services.

I was just kidding....

Well, going Napster wouldn't be legal, because Napster wasn't. But yeah, I don't think there are any beyond the obvious ones at the moment; iTunes, most notably.

I think it was the first file sharing service that went legit some years back. That's what I meant by "going Napster".

In Australia we have a rental service from 'Bigpond'. You pay a small monthly fee and you can order any movies you want. They send the DVD in the mail or you can download and you can order as many as you want/ keep it for as long as you want until you order your next set of DVDs.
Or so my friend says. I don't use it.

Ive never used those online rental things the fees are to much, but they do usually have a better selection of films than the actual video store!

I have to return some videotapes.
Lionsgate recently announced that they have agreed to deals with Best Buy and Blockbuster for digital distribution. Definitely is going to get interesting in the near future.

As a teen with very little money and University costs coming up a bit of bittorrent and usenet doesn't go a miss with me.

I wouldn't consider these websites at the moment because they are quite expensive, monthly fees, don't get to keep movies, DRM blah.