Dreams

Tools    

I had a pretty interesting dream last night.All I really remember is at the beginning of my dream it shows a view of a Soviet dictator, and then hundreds of tanks start coming down this road in four single file lines and just keeps repeating.
So, what did you eat before you went to bed

Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine
You know the usual, a couple hits of acid, a couple joints smoked.So that would explain why I had that weird dream.HAHA!

Well if any of you MoFo's need something to ponder on, take a hack at this. It may have more to do with my personal life than most would prefer, but it also has to do with dreams.

I'll start by saying that i am in an amazing relationship. It is long distance, but i know it's the real deal. Like, long-term marriage & kids kind of stuff. I've loved her for years, and I know I always will.

What does it mean, then, when a dream comes along that seems to betray these feelings? For instance, last week i had a dream where i was alone with this other girl, (a mutual friend of ours.) I remember experiencing very genuine feelings for this other girl within the dream. I reached out, touched her, kissed her. If it were a simple sex dream, that is, motivated by physical attraction, then i wouldnt be worried. But these were realistic emotions.

I awoke in a sweat. Those feelings in my dream didnt follow me into my waking life, but i was thinking about it all day.

Now here's the kicker; this isnt the first time something like this has happened. I often have dreams where i function as a very different person. My thoughts, emotions, feelings, likes and dislikes can change in so many different ways in the deep reaches of my subconscious.

What does this indicate? I have always believed in the power of the mind. I like to think that our minds are the closest physical manifestation of divinity. For me, faith and the mind are very closely linked, so if a dream sticks out at me, i tend to listen.

There are simple answers, sure. My friends would tell me that i fear commitment and this dream is exemplary of that. My old stress counselor, as he called himself, would say i need to take more hot baths and long walks. Frued would tell me to stop fantasizing about my mother.

But me, i know there is something behind this. It is my faith that assures me of that, but it is my humanity that has got me so determined to figure out what that is.

Any ideas?

What does it mean, then, when a dream comes along that seems to betray these feelings? For instance, last week i had a dream where i was alone with this other girl, (a mutual friend of ours.) I remember experiencing very genuine feelings for this other girl within the dream. I reached out, touched her, kissed her. If it were a simple sex dream, that is, motivated by physical attraction, then i wouldnt be worried. But these were realistic emotions.
Sometimes the person we are dreaming of is just a stand-in for someone else, e.g. your girlfriend, they are not real emotions, it was just a dream

Now here's the kicker; this isn't the first time something like this has happened. I often have dreams where i function as a very different person. My thoughts, emotions, feelings, likes and dislikes can change in so many different ways in the deep reaches of my subconscious.
Thats the thing about dreams you can be who ever you want.

But me, i know there is something behind this. It is my faith that assures me of that, but it is my humanity that has got me so determined to figure out what that is. Any ideas?
Maybe you are missing your girlfriend, this other girl was just a symbol of her I'm not much help

Sometimes the person we are dreaming of is just a stand-in for someone else, e.g. your girlfriend, they are not real emotions, it was just a dream

Thats the thing about dreams you can be who ever you want.

Maybe you are missing your girlfriend, this other girl was just a symbol of her I'm not much help
Nebbit. Do you mind if I ask what kind of a counsellor you are?

Nebbit. Do you mind if I ask what kind of a counsellor you are?
No, My background is in Psychiatry, I mostly see people with Anxiety, Depression, eating disorders, anger management, well really anything, if I can't help someone I usually find someone who can. during my training we didn't do any dream stuff except for Freud and Jung

No, My background is in Psychiatry, I mostly see people with Anxiety, Depression, eating disorders, anger management, well really anything, if I can't help someone I usually find someone who can. during my training we didn't do any dream stuff, except for Freud and Jung
Yay! A free shrink at MoFo's. Empty your pm box nebbit. Cause I got allot of skeletons that want out.......NOW!

Seriously though, that's pretty cool. Helping others like that. I'm sure without you guys around, this world would be a crazier place than it already is.

You ready nebbs? Cause this is gonna blow your socks off!

Here they come!!!!!!!!

Nebbit's face immediately after reading the first line of the first pm.

my dream was weird!!

There was a hole with a monster-type thing in it. It grabbed hold of my leg and tore part of it off. i was in the mall. my mom helped me. even though i was passing out and bleeding everywhere, she never took me to the hospital. instead she took me to my grandmas house,and i was fine!!

explain that!!

my dream was weird!!

There was a hole with a monster-type thing in it. It grabbed hold of my leg and tore part of it off. i was in the mall. my mom helped me. even though i was passing out and bleeding everywhere, she never took me to the hospital. instead she took me to my grandmas house,and i was fine!!

explain that!!
Ok You are going through a very difficult time but not to worry your family are there for you and they will make things better

Randomly visiting for now
Hey Zeik, I haven't seen this thread humming along for a while so in an attempt to reawaken it I'll pose a few ideas for ya

Well in relation to the dream about your friend. There could a few interpretations of it but in truth I doubt it is telling you that you secretly love your friend or anything extreme like that. It's not a fear of commitment either but perhaps a self doubting. Obviously if this played out in real life it would be a huge betrayal and you would really let down the girl you love. Maybe you are thinking that you might not meet the expectations of the girl you really love and that you might let her down in the long run. This is an extremely common worry so if this is true don't worry but it's perhaps an important part of your heart that you need to look at.

Take for example if a guy married a girl who has a body image issue and for a very long time believes she's terribly ugly. No matter how much the guy tells her she she's beautiful, in the end she doesn't believe it and becomes extremely depressed over time. In this case you couldn't really blame the guy could you, because while he was trying to fix the problem by encouraging her there was a deeper part of the girls heart that's broken. Maybe the dream is telling you that there's a part deep inside you that needs fixing too before you enter into a serious relationship. You need to trust yourself and believe in yourself that you are worthy of this woman and can be an awesome husband.......because right now you don't have that self belief, well not very strongly anyway.

I often have dreams where i function as a very different person. My thoughts, emotions, feelings, likes and dislikes can change in so many different ways in the deep reaches of my subconscious.
I'm not sure how much I agree with all the theories of the unconscious mind but certainly there can be parts of ourselves that want to ignore and come out in our dreams. Although its hard to interpret and has no real scientific basis (unless it's a recurring dream over a long period of time). In this case particularly dreams can show fears that we may become something we hate. You could dream that you beat somebody up because you are worried that you may have a bad temper....whether you do or not is a different story but do you see what I mean? This wouldn't mean necessarily that deep down you have all this hidden rage but perhaps you have an irrational fear that you do.

Hey dude a lot of this is just my own theorizing :P So feel free to disagree with what I'm saying about interpreting or the actual interp I gave you k.

Ok You are going through a very difficult time but not to worry your family are there for you and they will make things better
ok thanks!
i wonder what difficult time im going through??

Randomly visiting for now
It's sad Ophelia doesn't mofo it anymore . Well if you pop in again deary, let me know how it all worked out in the end

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I can't really interpret dreams for anyone. I wish I could.

At one time I had an online bud who did dream analysis using a combination of the Jungian model and he also used his back ground in Lilith female / male roles throughout history and mythos.

I had never encountered any system of dream analysis that felt right to me. Most have standard dreams symbols in them such as a cat represents a woman. In my dreams cats are cats, usually specific beloved cats. LOL.

In this model of his everyone and thing in the dream mostly were parts of me. So when there was a child in the dream it was my inner child or the child I'd once been. When there was a powerful male character it was the side of me that was like that and so on.

Anyway, I would love to find someone who can interpret my dreams so well again. I miss that guy.

Lately my dreams have been excruciatingly detailed with a little (not nearly enough), sex thrown in.

For instance, I dreamed, I decided to take a Methodist pre-school and turn it into a K-12 Catholic school. I then have to find, persuasively argue before the board and implement the perfect curriculum for each area of study. I also have to write up the conduct manuals and such. In the dream I actually reviewed pieces of curriculum or wrote word for word manuals. Argh!

If not for the few crumbs of sex, I'd hate dreaming right now. Details, I hate details! Again, I'll say it, I need a direct brain to computer connection. Sometimes I compose music or write books in my dreams. Yet later they are fragmented and less powerful.

*sigh*

The other dream is always about a man wearing a brown jacket riding a horse through the woods at night… and someone shoots at him… but I always wake up before I know if they hit him or not…
Anyone have any ideas?
A male figure in your life is missing/lost, maybe Father, Grandfather, lover, brother, etc... and you think/know/desire that he is looking for you, searching for you, needing you. He gets close, very close to finding you and you finding him, but then something violent prevents it from happening and he is taking away from you, but you are clueless as to why.

A male figure in your life is missing/lost, maybe Father, Grandfather, lover, brother, etc... and you think/know/desire that he is looking for you, searching for you, needing you. He gets close, very close to finding you and you finding him, but then something violent prevents it from happening and he is taking away from you, but you are clueless as to why.
Interesting analysis, but it may be a little cut-and-dry for my tastes. I think it may be too simple to interpret the man in the forest as a man in her actual life. I do think the idea of mystery is there, so we could say that there is some measure of frustration in her life regarding unanswered questions.

In the classical method, a forest could represent the subconscious or a personal transitional phase. The image of the horse usually denotes a strong physical energy, one of power and mystery. What these images mean put together, i cannot say. But it's interesting to think about.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?