led_zeppelin's reviews

→ in
Tools    

This review is more of a step by step guide to the movie and should come with plot spoiler warnings.

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
Thank you very much for putting the Important thing, I didn't know how to do it.
Important links are down to moderator discretion.

I'm being really picky today.

Lets put a smile on that block
Urgh. I watched this film for the first time about 2 weeks ago and it really freaked me out. I was under the influence of a certain greenous herb but it really scared me. I had to walk home afterwards and i just had mega creeps. very gory, gruesome and not very nice film.

however, very good review so congrats!

Originally Posted by Revenant
This review is more of a step by step guide to the movie and should come with plot spoiler warnings.
Well excuse me for breathing Mr./Mrs. perfect!

P.S. I'm just kidding.
And found he was eating his shoe.

AH CRAP! I wrote down the wrong rating for the Two Towers! Give it an 8.8/10, not 7.8/10. Sorry, that's the second review I've botched.

Well excuse me for breathing Mr./Mrs. perfect!

P.S. I'm just kidding.

I've been very picky today, in fact right now I'm picking my ..............

Never mind.

Sorry for my botched rating for the Two Towers.

Plot: Frodo, Sam and Gollum have passed into Mordor. Sam is getting the impression that Gollum is up to no good, but of course Frodo doesn't believe him so this causes a dramtic tension only too common in movies of this sort. Meanwhile, Gandalf and co. ride down to post-flooded Isengard to find Treebeard (plus the other ents) and the two long lost hobbits, smoking. After pretty much saying Saruman is worthless in one sentence (there was supposed to be a cut scene where Saruman dies). After talking about Saruman for a bit, Pippin finds a glowing orb called a Palantir, a seeing stone if I may. But when Gandalf sees it, knowing what damage it could do to Pippin, takes it for himself. So they all ride back to Edoras, to celebrate. Might I add that Merry and Pippin got a good song in there. But as they all go to sleep, Pippin, being the nosy hunk a' poo gets it in his head to steal the Palantir back and see what it does. Well, he f's up. As he looks into it, Sauron, the lord of the rings catches Pippin, and takes over his mind for a short period of time. Well Gandalf wakes up and saves him. But when Sauron looked at Pippin through the Palantir, Pippin saw that Sauron was going for Minas Tirith. So Gandalf goes off to ride to Minas Tirith, but he takes Pippin with him. Meanwhile, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Merry, Theoden and so forth stay at Edoras. Gandalf and Pippin arrive at Minas Tirith, they go up to talk to Lord Denethor, Steward of Gondor (which is one less than a king, Gondor hasn't had a king of a long time, and Aragorn is next in line). Gandalf tries to get Denethor to talk, but Denethor has recieved Bormir (his oldest son) horn that was cut in two when he was killed at Amon Hen. Faramir, his youngest sone is off at Osgiliath defending it. But when Osgiliath is overthrown by the oncoming foes sent from Minas Morgul, Faramir returns. Back to Frodo. Him, Sam and Gollum have reached Minas Morgul, home of the Nazgul. On the mountain beside Minas Morgul is the Hidden Stair, which they must get up to get into the tunnel Gollum spoke of before. Just as they are climbing the stair, a huge green pillar of light comes from the city, and the army of Minas Morgul comes out, led by the Witch King, lord of the Nazgul, Sauron's second in command. Finally Frodo etc. get halfway up and rest on a little cliff. After a VERY heated argument, Frodo tells Sam to go home. Sam follows his master's orders and stays behind. Meanwhile the army of Minas Morgul has invaded Osgiliath. Faramir goes to his father for council, but just after Pippin gets put into the Gondorian army, Denethor tells his only living son to go and try to take back Osgiliath, pretty much signing his death warrant because 400 vs. 100,000 aren't good odds. But Faramir follows his father'r orders and takes a squadron out to TRY and definately fail to take back Osgiliath. Well it fails and they all die except for faramir, who is mortally wounded and dragged back to Minas Tirith by his horse. Denethor thinks he is dead and orders his guard to put up a pyre to burn him and his son alive like the kings of old. So back to Frodo again. Frodo and Gollum arrive at the tunnel. As they walk in, it's totally dark, there are spiderwebs everywhere, and Gollum turns up missing. Finally Frodo is confronted with the monster. I giant spider named Shelob. Frodo runs from the spider and makes it out alive. But Gollum turns up again to get the ring once and for all from Frodo, but Frodo flings him over a cliff. The trouble however is not over. Shelob hits Frodo with her stinger and wraps him up, but just as she is about to eat him, Sam comes back and has a wicked awesome fight with Shelob and kicks it's butt. Although Sam thinks Frodo is dead, so he takes the ring. But when orcs show up and say that he isn't dead, capture him and take him back to their fortress Cirith Ungol, Sam follows. Back at Minas Tirith, after the full force of 100,000 orcs arrive to attack Minas Tirith, Denethor goes nuts but Gandalf quickly beats the crap out of him, and takes over. He orders that they defend as long as possible. They light the war beacons and when Theoden sees them and realizes that Minas Tirith needs help, he gathers 6,000 Rohirrim to charge and save Minas Tirith. Only Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli go off on their own to bring the army of the dead to help. Only the king of Gondor can wake them up, and Aragorn is the rightful king, so he awakens them, and they go off to try to take over the Black Ships and use them. Well Sam found his way to Cirith ungol, and he does a good job of killing some orcs, but the rest are fighting each other over Frodo's stuff. Well Sam haughtily takes care of them and him and Frodo garn (?) some orc armor and head off to Mount Doom. After a while it gets too heavy so they go back to normal clothes. Back at Minas Tirith, the orcs have proceeded to throw the heads of the Gondorian's they've killed over the walls, and are now catapulting big rocks at the citadel. Gondor promptly catapulted back at them, only they are using debree of their own city. [spoilers]Up in the city, Denethor has put Faramir and himself on the pyre, and just as they catch it on fire, Gandalf comes in and makes Denethor realize his son is still alive. So he commits suicide by jumping off the top of the citadel (my least fav. part because his death in the books is better) [SPOILER over] So Faramir is saved, but the battle isn't go well for Minas Tirith. But just when you think it couldn't get worse, it gets better. Rohan arrives, with Merry riding with them into battle. After a very awesome speech from my favorite character Theoden, they charge (my favorite part of the movie) into the huge army of orcs. Now the Rohirrim are kickin some major butt, but then (haha, two butts in a row, haha) the Oliphaunts come. Oliphaunts are elephants, only they are three times the size of a normal elephant, and they have two HUGE tusks. One even has a spiked chain tied between it's tusks. The Rohirrim reform, and they take down lots of the Oliphaunts. [MAJOR SPOILER]The Witch-King comes back on his winged beast and pretty much kills Theoden. But Eowyn, his niece rides up with Merry and challenges it. Well Merry is off the horse. So Eowyin kills the winged beast, and her and the Witch king fight. Just when it's about to kill her, Merry stabs it in the back and then Eowyn stabs it in the face, and it implodes.[SPOILER OVER] So then after many deaths, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli come with the dead army and clean house. So the Battle of Pelennor Fields is over. Back at Mt. Doom, Frodo is about to pass out climbing up the volcano to throw it in. When they almost get to the top, Gollum comes back with a vengence, but Sam stabs him and wounds him. Frodo runs into the depths of the mountain and Sam tries to follow. When he gets there Frodo has taken the ring for himself, and Gollum is behind him ready to take back the ring. In the meantime of all this commotion, the remaing good guys go outside the Black Gate to make a last stand to give Frodo more time to destroy the ring. Will Frodo destroy it or take it for himself, and will our heroes survive the war of the ring? To find out, watch the movie.

I give this movie a 9.0/10

Seeing as how you all loved my ROTK review. . .herherher

Plot: 4 boarding school buddies, Avery (Henry Thomas) Brett (Jay Mohr) Max (Sean Patrick Flannery) and T.K. (Jeremy Sisto) hatch a plan to kidnap infamous mobster Charlie Batrolucci (Christopher Walken) to get him to call his "people" to get two OTHER mobsters (Brad Garrett and fat moncho from Sleepers) to release Avery's sister. AKA max's girlfriend. When they kidnap Charlie, they tie him to a big leather amrchair and cut off one of his fingers. The reason they do this is because whatever the mobsters do to Avery's sister, the guys do to Charlie. But the house they are keeping him in belongs to Ira (Johnny Galecki) their other friend who is a major clean-freak idiot. On the other side of the field there is Lono (Dennis Leary) who is Charlie's "assistant" and whenever Charlie calls his lawyer to get info on the kidnappers, the lawyer calls Lono. The whole movie Lono is basically comic-relief when his buddy he is driving keeps making fun of his brand new stingray boots. After a few hours, they all become friends with Charlie, especially Ira, who Charlie calls "the man." When they figure out there is a inside player in the crime, Lono shows up, but when they think they've caught the inside player, there is actually another trick going on. But don't worry, Charlie feels sorry for the tricked friends so him and Lono "take care" of it. If that doesn't make any sense, sorry but you have to watch the movie.

What I liked: I liked everything. The cast is superb, nothing wrong with the cast at all. Dennis Leary and Johnny Galecki give stand-out performances. The movie doesn't have a big budget, but it doesn't really need one. There really isn't any problem with anything in this movie, I mean it's no 10/10 but there is no obvious things I'd like to change if I was the director. Henceforth. . .

I give this movie a 8.5/10

I haven't gotten around to seeing this yet, it's now on my must see list.

You're reviews are great, and I shouldn't be allowed to critique. But maybe you should think about dividing your reviews up more. You've done it on some of them. I just know that I personally don't want to read things if they're all in one block.

Great reviews Zeppie I have finally read them all, I am working my way down the page of reviewers, nearly finished.