The best film so far this year!!

Tools    

Call me just way too anti-Reloaded, but you shouldn't have to wait for another film to validate something. I don't care if it's one story in two films. They should stand on their own as well.

And yes, the set pieces looked like CGI crap. Revolutionary effects? Uh, right. The Sims Reloaded more like it.

Yawn.

The Future Ed Wood
Silver, I would agree with you totally about Reloaded but after the tragic news of Kill Bill being split into 2 films I am going to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by James2183
Silver, I would agree with you totally about Reloaded but after the tragic news of Kill Bill being split into 2 films I am going to give it the benefit of the doubt.
Tragic, Tragic.... I Think NOT...
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

The Future Ed Wood
Originally Posted by Hondo333
Tragic, Tragic.... I Think NOT...

Well I believe it is. I know we will be getting more QT greatness but I have been looking forward to this for 4 years and then they make me wait even longer!!!

If it wasnt for Weinsteins damn hatred of long films we would have a 3 hour plus epic

Kill Bill is make-or-break for Tarantino in my opinion.

If the two seperate parts fail to stand on their own, as well as together, I am going to be extremely dissapointed.

there's a frog in my snake oil
This whole trilogy thing is making middle-films struggle to be stand-alone as it is. Mebe quentin's introducing a whole new type of stilted story: two acts with one big intermission.

Yeah, you're right SB that a film that requires the next one to explain it all is highly annoying (tho reloaded did have an interior story of sorts in the dream-culmination-and-big-decision plot which got closure - even if we were left on a matinee style cliffhanger.0

As a die-hard "there-something-in-there" matrix series fan, my bottom lip of course wobbled when i saw you'd put charlie's angels above it for a start - but i dare say that film is a more pat and visually/narratively coherent watch. But does it cover themes of interdependence in a changing society and the treacherous path of free-will found thru forgoing the ego? (hehehe, alright, i'm pushing the pretention factor - but..... there's something in there dogdammit!)

But yes numbered-James, the Neo-Smith fight was silly/over-played, but hopefully their meeting in no3 will be better. The highway scene was a great set-piece tho.

oh yeah, but it's all personal, and it is far too early to say anyway

The Future Ed Wood
I must admit, even before I saw Reloaded I was always looking forward to the 3rd more. The rain show down looks totally awesome and I cant wait to see it.

i think the lord of the rings movie was awsome...but like the matrix reloaded it was sorta the midsection so it wont be as good as the third...donnie darko was awsome but im behind so i am not sure it was this year but i liked it

The King of Horror
My favorite movie this year is Identity I thought the movie was quite orignal and the ending really suprised me. I have seen the Matrix Reload and I would have to say that over all its was a good movie the only problem I had with was that it was to much action not enough story

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
BEST FILMS SEEN IN 2003 [IN THEATRES]

01. Punch-Drunk Love [2002 | Anderson] A+++
02. The Quiet American [2002 | Noyce] A++
03. Bowling for Columbine [2002 | Moore] A++
04. Igby Goes Down [2002 | Steers] A++
05. The Pianist [2002 | Polanski] A++

BEST FILMS OF 2003 [THUS FAR]

01. Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines [2003 | Mostow] A
02. Bruce Almighty [2003 | Shadyac] B+
03. Charlie's Angels II: Full Throttle [2003 | McG] C+
04. The Matrix Reloaded [2003 | Wachowski] C+

As you can see, in comparing my lists, it is really much too early for a person like me to be making a list. With the exception of, say, The Lord of the Rings films, if a film gets a world-wide release on the same day, the chances are it's not the sort of film you'll find on my final list each year [which I can't even compile until about June the following year anyway...]
I have seen every movie on your list and I cannot believe you actually think Charlie's Angel, which I think is probably the worst movie of the year, or maybe the worst movie of this decade, is better than the matrix reloaded.Ok The Matrix Reloaded has some of the best action I have ever seen, Charlie's Angel's is just like a bad bad version of the matrix.I hated that movie although I did like all the other films you put on your list.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
It wasn't all that bad....I'm not sure if I'd say it really was good, but it wasn't the worst of the year or decade.

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
It wasn't all that bad....I'm not sure if I'd say it really was good, but it wasn't the worst of the year or decade.
I am not kidding when I think its the worst movie of this decade, who wrote this garbage they call a script, never have I seen this bad of movie during the past 3 years.I didn't want to even go see it, my friend made me, I hate him now for making me go.This movie is better than the first one, I dont even consider the first one a movie.I've seen better tv movies on the disney channel that is better than this movie.I am never going to see this movie again, if someone tells me to see it with them I would run as fast as I can from wherever I was.

Do you know my poetry?
So the point is Charlies Angels 2 is the worst movie I've seen in a long time, any person who agrees with me tell we can bad mouth this movie, it was really horrible, why did they even make it.

The first Charlie's Angels was better (to me) because it was it was the first and it brought us an an introduction to the girls. Good action and great fun. Bill murray added a great touch, as well did the end with Drew Barrymore seeing Charlie at the beach. I liked Charlie's Angels.
Full Throttle on the other hand? What a real massive pile of pure sh*t. I felt like hiding behind the seat. From the ridiculous rodeo garb at the start, to the long and overexagerated motorcycle race and even Demi Moore????? Why on earth ............THIS her so called COMEBACK ??? Please dear lord am I so embarrased. One positive outcome: Bernie Mac.

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by jrs
The first Charlie's Angels was better (to me) because it was it was the first and it brought us an an introduction to the girls. Good action and great fun. Bill murray added a great touch, as well did the end with Drew Barrymore seeing Charlie at the beach. I liked Charlie's Angels.
Full Throttle on the other hand? What a real massive pile of pure sh*t. I felt like hiding behind the seat. From the ridiculous rodeo garb at the start, to the long and overexagerated motorcycle race and even Demi Moore????? Why on earth ............THIS her so called COMEBACK ??? Please dear lord am I so embarrased. One positive outcome: Bernie Mac.
I still disagree about Part 1, I completely hated every part of the movie, but for part 2 I actually had to see it in theaters, why do my firends punish me by seeing this piece of crap.I just wanted to get up, run out of the theater as fast as I could, but I couldn't because my friends wanted to see so I'll have to sit through all of that crap.Cameron Diaz is good in alot of films I liked but in this one god who's the director, cause he directed diaz like a stupid blonde girl.I hated both these films, and I especially hated Demi Moore, wow she came back, who cares?Not me thats for sure.

The King of Horror
Originally Posted by Ezikiel
I still disagree about Part 1, I completely hated every part of the movie, but for part 2 I actually had to see it in theaters, why do my firends punish me by seeing this piece of crap.I just wanted to get up, run out of the theater as fast as I could, but I couldn't because my friends wanted to see so I'll have to sit through all of that crap.Cameron Diaz is good in alot of films I liked but in this one god who's the director, cause he directed diaz like a stupid blonde girl.I hated both these films, and I especially hated Demi Moore, wow she came back, who cares?Not me thats for sure.
Ditto

American Wedding was AWSOME!!!! sorry it's probably a bit off topic but I think it was the best out of all the others!!!!!!!

"Resident Evil 2:Apocolypse" Mila Jovavich
"Phone Booth" Colin Ferrel, Keifer Sutherland (2003)
"Pay it Forward" Haley Joel Osmond, Helen Hunt(2000)
"American Wedding" Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan(2003)
"Dogma" Ben Affleck, Matt Damon(1999)
"LOTR" 1,2 & 3 Vigo Mortenison, Elijah Wood (2002-2003)
"Thirteen" Holly Hunter, Nikkie Reed (2004)

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by RedQueen83
American Wedding was AWSOME!!!! sorry it's probably a bit off topic but I think it was the best out of all the others!!!!!!!
I loved American Wedding, its the best comedy I've seen in 2 years, I never laughed so hard in a theater before.Everybody was laughing so hard we couldn't even hear the lines sometimes.This movie is definatly on my best movie of 2003 list, and one more thing, Stiffler is AWESOME!

Do you know my poetry?
I thought American Wedding was going to be worse than the others cause half of the original cast was missing but it still works, I totally loved this movie.Stiffler saves this movie with all his jokes and cussing its so funny.

Do you know my poetry?
American Wedding cut storyline : I feel a bit bad for Thomas Ian Nicholas {Kevin Myers}for having like 4 lines in the whole movie, he had a storyline about him and his girlfriend but it was cut, its like he was just an extra that came out alot.