Rioting in the U.S.

Tools    

To counter this new movement of "Abolish / Defund the Police"
I've come up with a counter movement slogan:

INCREASE the POLICE

More cops now!

(There are over 700 police officers currently off duty or permanently out of commission because they are recovering in hospitals after last week. Hundreds throughout the country also put in resignation papers after entire cities, local governments and communities turned against them, and several are no longer with us because they were killed!)
  • More pay for police!
  • Better benefits for police!
  • More enlistment incentives for young people & minorities to become cops.
  • More recruitment programs in high schools & our nation's universities.
  • More, longer & better training and education for police!
  • More training for safer restraining, arrest, crowd control & conflict resolution methods!
  • More training in responsible use of weapons & self-defense.
  • More funding for more equipment & upgraded technology.
  • More funding for non-lethal weaponry for police.
  • Improved communication, coordination and cooperation between Federal, State, County and local law enforcement.
  • More funding to track, record & enforce disciplinary action within police forces.
  • More internal and external services to ensure police accountability!

It all^^sounds reasonable to me
Just remember you heard it here first... after Trump, Republicans, Conservatives, FOX News (and generally rational people who aren't buying into the insanity of "Abolish the Police") steal it from me.

(I predict they'll start using it early next week if not sooner!)

Just remember you heard it here first... after Trump, Republicans, Conservatives, FOX News (and generally rational people who aren't buying into the insanity of "Abolish the Police") steal it from me.

(I predict they'll start using it early next week if not sooner!)

I Predict

Usually, I don't like to drag politics into the matter because we should focus more on resolving the racial crisis rather than politicizing the issue... but this response by White House secretary Kayleigh McEnany is the last straw. Accusing an elderly man, who has been assaulted by law enforcement officers in broad daylight, of being an ANTIFA provocateur is NOT the appropriate behavior befitting the president of the United States of America, no matter what rights he or his string of Yes-Men (and Yes-Women) may think. Cowards do that. Paranoids do that.

And why should we give a flying **** about what rights the president has right now when men and women of America are assaulted because of the color of their skin? What rights do THEY have? Where's their right to live?

This is beyond disgusting. This is a farce. Like something right out of a bad dystopian novel.

And on the subject of politicizing matters, can we stop dragging politics into the matter of defunding the police? It's not about democrats wanting their own "woke militia," and it's certainly not about abolishing the police force altogether. There is a problem here with the law enforcement system, and there is a problem with the taxpayers' money not being sufficient enough to fund other important areas of interest such as mental healthcare, homelessness, housing preservation and development, youth and community development or rehabilitation centers for drug addiction. Activists are merely looking to resolve that problem in whatever means policy-makers could do. This is more about directing a portion of that funding to matters that require our attention, not removing cops entirely. It's an economical problem, not a political one. So stop twisting the narrative to fit your political agenda.

You don't need funding for the police to break down doors when there's an unarmed mentally-ill person threatening to kill himself, for example. What is the armed policeman going to do? Threaten to kill him even more? It makes no sense, and the appropriate funding should go to the appropriate organizations, which are insufficiently funded right now.

Yep, Democrats' wording of issues is going to cost them the election.

If you look deep into the 'Defund the Police' policy it's actually about reforming the police force. Making them more accountable and attaching the right type of individuals to the specific issue at hand.

And yet, like inexperienced children, the Dems have called it Defund the Police. It's made worse by individuals like that woman from Minneapolis committee saying on air that during a house invasion people should check their privileged.

You lot are handing Trump his victory on a plate.

This is beyond disgusting. This is a farce. Like something right out of a bad dystopian novel.
Yes, but it's the liberal left that's going full Orwell. It's like they're thinking that 1984 was a manual:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

-George Orwell, 1984

Yes, but it's the liberal left that's going full Orwell. It's like they're thinking that 1984 was a manual:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

-George Orwell, 1984
Honestly, I don't really care who's right (or left). I feel like I share the perspective of the protestors and activists who are merely demanding for some form of change to fix an issue - regardless of whether if it's fixed by democrats, republicans, liberals or conservatives. I mean, I've seen decent people from both sides throughout history (and even in history books), but I think what people need right now isn't really to debate whether if liberals are twisting the media or if the right-wind media is doing so; it's irrelevant in my opinion. More than ever, the nation needs to be united and fix the systemic issue that's been going on for more than 50 years since MLK.

If you look at the news, it's not just protestors or activists alone that are voicing out for a change, right? Republicans like Mitt Romney, or more importantly, cops and military officers too lend their voice in saying that the system is broken, and something needs to change. These men and women are significant as they are part of the system and they would recognize how it works and how to fix it more than the protestors and activists who are merely calling attention to a previously ignored issue.

Yep, Democrats' wording of issues is going to cost them the election.

If you look deep into the 'Defund the Police' policy it's actually about reforming the police force. Making them more accountable and attaching the right type of individuals to the specific issue at hand.

And yet, like inexperienced children, the Dems have called it Defund the Police. It's made worse by individuals like that woman from Minneapolis committee saying on air that during a house invasion people should check their privileged.

You lot are handing Trump his victory on a plate.
I believe this might be indeed true...and I'm no fan of Trump either, but I can see his support growing over the Defund the Police movement.

-George Orwell, 1984
I've been thinking a lot lately about Orwell's 1984 and the way the people in that novel erase and then rewrite history. It's like a madness has taken over. Scary.

Yeah, I saw. I imagine that'll be, er, cleared up by then.

I saw that they had to call in the fire department, though. "Autonomous" may be a bit of an overstatement.

https://www.opindia.com/2020/06/musl...riots-usa/amp/

In India the left-liberal cabal wants to copy america and start 'Muslim lives matter' movement .

In India the upper caste hindu is equivalent to the 'white male supremacist' in the eyes of liberals and leftists and muslims are supposed to be equivalent to blacks even though they came as invaders not slaves.

I finally watched the Floyd videos. The first several minutes featured only the first 2 responding officers. During this time, Floyd was already in distress, but put up minimal resistance and those 2 officers appeared very gentle with him. They arrest him and he's cuffed. A third officer shows up and that's the second police car. At this point they are struggling with Floyd to get him in the cruiser. The third car carrying the 4th and 5th officers, Chauvin and Thao show up, and at this point the other officers have Floyd inside the cruiser, although still with a struggle. Chauvin joins the action by opening the door on the other side of the cruiser and pulling him out, and of course that brings us to the choke. So there's some things I'm wondering. Floyd was in the cruiser so why did they take him out? It happened right when Chauvin showed up so did he recognize him? Did Chauvin and/or the other police do it to teach him a lesson for resisting? Did they pull him out because he was in distress? Because they called paramedics early on after pulling him out. If they did pull him out for his safety, why the restraint to that extent? The 3 cruisers are still there so what happened to the 5th cop?

but this response by White House secretary Kayleigh McEnany is the last straw.
mmm, Kay-kay *swoons*

Yeah this newest story of a white officer killing a black person is pretty controversial. Chief of police in Atlanta stepping down, and some of the arrest can be seen on video. I can see both sides of it for now, but not sure I have all the details yet. Doesn't seem worth burning the building down though.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I finally watched the Floyd videos. The first several minutes featured only the first 2 responding officers. During this time, Floyd was already in distress, but put up minimal resistance and those 2 officers appeared very gentle with him. They arrest him and he's cuffed. A third officer shows up and that's the second police car. At this point they are struggling with Floyd to get him in the cruiser. The third car carrying the 4th and 5th officers, Chauvin and Thao show up, and at this point the other officers have Floyd inside the cruiser, although still with a struggle. Chauvin joins the action by opening the door on the other side of the cruiser and pulling him out, and of course that brings us to the choke. So there's some things I'm wondering. Floyd was in the cruiser so why did they take him out? It happened right when Chauvin showed up so did he recognize him? Did Chauvin and/or the other police do it to teach him a lesson for resisting? Did they pull him out because he was in distress? Because they called paramedics early on after pulling him out. If they did pull him out for his safety, why the restraint to that extent? The 3 cruisers are still there so what happened to the 5th cop?

I haven't watched it myself, but I think the answer is if your fellow cop is doing something they shouldn't, let them, or you'll be an outcast. See the black Police officer who pulled her partner away from choking a suspect in 2006, only to be fired for doing so. That case has been highly publicised over the past couple of weeks and according to Reddit its being looked at again. In fact Reddit has loads of similar examples in the "bad cop no donut" sub reddit.

Evil prevails when good men do nothing, but in many or most US Police departments, good Police who do the right thing are the ones punished.

Christopher Dorner and that whole LAPD cluster **** essentially happened because he reported his TO for kicking someone to the body and face. I'm not saying he was a Saint or wasn't wound too tight and something would have happened later that got him kicked off, but essentially he did the right thing and reported a fellow Cop, but he was sacked for it. He wasn't willing to take that lying down. Many Cops in similar situations have been sacked, bullied out or quit, or unfortunately killed.

I agree with all^^that, but when I say what happened to the 5th cop, I mean it's like he disappeared. Everyone talks about the 4 cops, but it seems clear that their were 5 and suddenly 1 is missing.