Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
My newest idea down the road is a Criterion collection Hall of Fame. Would be awesome I don't know the interest though.
Finally my chance to nominate Armageddon

Past Movie Winners of the Specialty HOFs

Animation Hall Of Fame
Host: Rauldc14

Winner: Wall-E (2008 Andrew Stanton)

Nominations
: Waltz With Bashir, Treasure Island, Castle Of Cagliostro, The Last Unicorn, Secret Of Nimh, Night On The Galactic Railroad, All Dogs Go To Heaven, Madagascar 2, Tokyo Godfathers, Wall-E
I just noticed that there's an error in the nominations list for the first Animation HOF. The movie that was nominated was Treasure Planet, not Treasure Island.

Also as a little nitpick, it's The Secret of NIMH, with NIMH all capitalized. (NIMH stands for the National Institute of Mental Health.)

I just noticed that there's an error in the nominations list for the first Animation HOF. The movie that was nominated was Treasure Planet, not Treasure Island.

Also as a little nitpick, it's The Secret of NIMH, with NIMH all capitalized. (NIMH stands for the National Institute of Mental Health.)
That's cool to point it out, and thanks, I will change it now.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
My newest idea down the road is a Criterion collection Hall of Fame. Would be awesome I don't know the interest though.
Definitely worthwhile!!

I just discovered this thread. What is the purpose behind this HoF?

Is is supposed to be grand and solemn like showcasing the greatest motion pictures ever produced in the history of mankind or is it more small scale and personal like celebrating some of the favourite films of long time Mofo members? I ask because it if the intention is the former then there are some shocking omissions and inclusions.

The trick is not minding
I just discovered this thread. What is the purpose behind this HoF?

Is is supposed to be grand and solemn like showcasing the greatest motion pictures ever produced in the history of mankind or is it more small scale and personal like celebrating some of the favourite films of long time Mofo members? I ask because it if the intention is the former then there are some shocking omissions and inclusions.
Basically we do this for fun. See, someone will host a HOF where anyone can enter and nominated a film, as long as it’s not a previous winner. Winners are regularly updated after each HOF and are available for viewing. There are general HOF where you can nominate any film you feel, and there are “speciality” HOF that follow a genre or country, such as the Noir we just finished up, or Japanese HOF that was held over winter.
Nominated films for specialty HOF must adhere to the specific specialty.
Everyone then watched each film and reviews them, and once finished you send a pm with the ballot stating the order of the films reviewed as you see it. You can see previous HOF for examples, as we usually share our ballots after results are tallied by the Host of the HOF.
The results are tallied and revealed by the host, with the winner being enshrined in the archives and thus removed from future HOF.
If a film is missing, it simply is because it hasn’t won yet.

While some people do like to nominate the crème de la crème, others prefer to go with personal favourites or underseen films that they really enjoy. There's often a nice mix of those different approaches, which I personally think keeps things interesting.

OK sounds good. I might have to get involved next time. There's a criminal lack of Scorsese, Spielberg and Coppola in there.
I hope you do join the next HoF, which should be starting up pretty soon. If you watch the board you will see when the next one is started. Love to have you join, in fact I was planning on asking you and another member if you guys might like to try it out. I think HoFs are great fun, very rewarding and a real good way to participant while discovering some neat movies.

I hope you do join the next HoF, which should be starting up pretty soon. If you watch the board you will see when the next one is started. Love to have you join, in fact I was planning on asking you and another member if you guys might like to try it out. I think HoFs are great fun, very rewarding and a real good way to participant while discovering some neat movies.

Thanks, sounds like a lot of fun. Seems like you need someone in there to nominate some films that have actually been seen by more than twenty people. Count me in!

Seems like you need someone in there to nominate some films that have actually been seen by more than twenty people.
*looks over list of general HOF winners*

Sees Psycho, All Quiet on the Western Front, The Shawshank Redemption, The Empire Strikes Back, Her, Dances With Wolves, Casablanca, Pulp Fiction...

Looks back at HollowMan's post:

some films that have actually been seen by more than twenty people.
LOL, Wut?

OK sounds good. I might have to get involved next time. There's a criminal lack of Scorsese, Spielberg and Coppola in there.

Well we've been talking about a directors Hall...Scorsese doesn't have a win yet perhaps we should start with him.

Those director's movies have been nominated in past HoFs, but haven't won many times. Actually no movie 'wins'...what happens is the movie with the highest points, as voted by the members, is inducted into the Hall of Fame.

We've had these Scorsese movies nominated in the past, some more than once.

19th HoF #6 Raging Bull

18th HoF #2 The King of Comedy

17th HoF #3 The Aviator

8th HoF #5 Goodfellas

2nd HoF After Hours

Comedy HoF III #7 After Hours

2nd Chance HoF #8 After Hours

After Hours has been nominated 3 times!

Re: Coppola

The Godfather was nominated twice and twice lost to better movies (Pulp Fiction, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest).

We've had these Scorsese movies nominated in the past, some more than once.

19th HoF #6 Raging Bull

18th HoF #2 The King of Comedy

17th HoF #3 The Aviator

8th HoF #5 Goodfellas

2nd HoF After Hours

Comedy HoF III #7 After Hours

2nd Chance HoF #8 After Hours

After Hours has been nominated 3 times!

You forgot The Departed in the 2nd Best Picture HOF