Indian economy surpasses UK economy in size

Tools    

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin...-great-britain

Hardly a cause for cheers considering the size disparity between the populations of the two countries, but Indian media is trumpeting the issue. WhatsApp messages are being forwarded among friends congratulating the nation, presumably because UK was India's former colonial master and surpassing it is supposed to be a special achievement. Next target is surpassing France, which may be achieved in a couple of years.

But all this is based on politically correct GDP calculations. GNP calculations tell a different story.

By politically correct I mean PPP ( purchasing power parity) calculations. PPP is considered by some to be a third world balm designed to make third world countries feel better about themselves.

PPP is actually much better. It reflects the fact that exchange rates do not reflect local purchasing power. Developing countries tend to have weak exchange rates because they are third world so investors don't trust their currencies, when they become more developed their currencies increase in value. For example, China's currency now is much stronger than 20 years ago.

In Brazil our GDP is 3.2 trillion by PPP and only 1.8 trillion at the exchange rate. And indeed stuff in Brazil, except electronics, is so much cheaper than in the US: restaurants and rent is half price.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Whoopty Dooo! They only have like 12 x our population.

https://m.timesofindia.com/business/...w/70490187.cms

Both British and French economies outsize Indian economy again thanks to slow growth in India due to PM Modi and his wrong economic policies.

Indian economy crashes from fifth to seventh number in size among world economies.

india is since 2000 and something the fastest growing economy in the world
when you have a enormous amount of population, the majority young,
the first or second country with more start-up companies,
most of them in IT, being one of the biggest IT powers in the world,
one of the largest sources of automobiles production on the planet,
obviously you end up overcoming smaller size countries

india made a transaction to industry and services instead of agriculture,
but half of the indian population is still depending on agriculture and i believe the future is there,
not the future in india, but the future to the whole planet, but that's my opinion obviously

but those stats don't tell me much, i care about distribution of wealth, free health care and education,
40% of the indian population lives under the linear of poverty, what's that in term of human rights?
almost all of the health care in india is privatized, the same with there IT companies,
india made progresses in terms of literacy among the younger population,
but they see education as a market as well, they're projecting a market that worth billions
india have insufficient infrastructures, heavy bureaucracy, high interest rates and high social debt
when i see a country, i make my judgement's based on how they treat there minorities, poor's

Now make a thread about your reasoned opinion on what's happening in Kashmir ashdoc
Ok