THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

@Cole416
First year in university and I have to take some class on American Musicals... anyone want to do a watch party for..

South Pacific
Wonderful Town
Wicked
Show Boat
The Jazz Singer
Shuffle Along
Rent
Pacific Overtures
Hamilton
Oklahoma!
West Side Story
Fiddler on the Roof
Swing Time
Singin' in the Rain
Stormy Weather

lol i gotta watch them all in a semester and memorize the titles of like ~4 songs from each and know what they are if I heard them
So do you have like 6 months to watch all of those? What kind of watch party did you have in mind? I might be up for that, depending on the timeline and stuff?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Guys, i just got my hands on A Woman in the Typhoon Area (1948), a super obscure Japanese flick with Setsuko Hara playing a gangster moll (!!!). The film is (obviously) in Japanese and there are no English subtitles in existence. The only subtitles that exist are in Russian! My Russian is a bit rusty, but Setsuko is too much to say no to! Just look at her. Look at her! Take all your Hollywood stars. Here's my star:

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

It was forced onto to me even though im a Economics major lol. I'm trying to find a different class. I'm the same way... I enjoy films but wow did I have a tough time getting through the Comedy H.O.F. There were a few i just did NOT want to watch and it took me months to watch like 10
You always have a choice, and the beauty of university is that it is very flexible. You can take the classes you want and transfer your credits and switch schools. If you really want that specific degree from that specific school, and you think it's worth it, then go for it. But you still have a choice. Alternatively you can do what one of my profs did and aim for a barely passing grade and focus your time on the more important classes that are worth more credits.

Honestly though, a degree is just a worthless piece of paper. You can look up the course textbooks and assignments on the school's website, go to the library, use online resources, listen to lectures online, and teach yourself the course for free. Save thirty grand in the process, acquire the skills, and learn the knowledge in half the time.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
First year in university and I have to take some class on American Musicals... anyone want to do a watch party for..

South Pacific
Wonderful Town
Wicked
Show Boat
The Jazz Singer
Shuffle Along
Rent
Pacific Overtures
Hamilton
Oklahoma!
West Side Story
Fiddler on the Roof
Swing Time
Singin' in the Rain
Stormy Weather

lol i gotta watch them all in a semester and memorize the titles of like ~4 songs from each and know what they are if I heard them

Are these all available on DVD?

I don't think the Broadway shows Wicked and Hamilton have been released on DVD or made into movies yet. And I think Wonderful Town was only done as a TV movie back in the 1950s, and as far as I know, it's not available on DVD.

And I've never heard of Shuffle Along and Pacific Overtures.

Well I've finally moved into my new house, and I found a portal to Narnia.

Let the night air cool you off
Guys, i just got my hands on A Woman in the Typhoon Area (1948), a super obscure Japanese flick with Setsuko Hara playing a gangster moll (!!!). The film is (obviously) in Japanese and there are no English subtitles in existence. The only subtitles that exist are in Russian! My Russian is a bit rusty, but Setsuko is too much to say no to! Just look at her. Look at her! Take all your Hollywood stars. Here's my star:

Find a way to get this bad boy translated to English.

Do you guys ever generalize a user by their prof pic

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Find a way to get this bad boy translated to English.
I used Google Translate and I'm about to start watching it in a minute! Should be watchable enough. I'm too lazy to either watch it in Russian (would require too much brain power) or translate it myself (would require too much time). Holy cow, Setsuko Hara is not a gangster in this. She's a bloody PIRATE!!!

I just watched a bloody Italian police movie and Bunuel's last film (HIS BEST!!!11111) and now I'm going to watch Setsuko as a pirate and then An American Werewolf in London. WOOH!

So, I'm on my way back from the small store just around the corner from my house. I hear from somewhere behind me a sincere sounding "Excuse me!". I turn, and I see a teenage girl in the back of a car passing by who says "I think you dropped your pocket!" I think, did she mean wallet? So I reach into my bag, and my wallet is still there. I then look back at the road to see if there's anything on the ground.

I hear her cackling as the car drives around the corner, and realize that she did indeed say "pocket", and that I'd made a fool of myself looking for it. As stupid as that was, I found it (or at least my reaction) kind of pretty funny, and walked the rest of the way home with a silly grin on my face. I'm still kind of chucking over it.

Well played, random teenage girl. Well played.

Good that you saw the funny side - always used to enjoy shouting warnings to cyclists that their back wheels were 'going round' when I was a youth.
Just as well it was this weekend rather than not so long ago as your grin was at least a full and replete one

It's also funny because part of my mind was saying "That doesn't even make sense! How does one drop their pocket?", but then the other side of my mind, the one that make me burst laughing when I fall on ice or nearly trip over myself, was having a grand time.

I was never one for pranks when I was younger. I did call a random number once and ask if their refrigerator was running, then giddily told them that they'd better run after it, but that was about it. Unless you count fooling my little brother into eating weird things. If that's included, then I could occasionally be quite the prankster haha.

In case fun happens around here, Top 5 80's films!

#5. Risky Business (1983)
You like excitement, Miles?

PORSCHE

#4. Adventures in Babysitting (1987)
Hey, I like danger
You should try babysitting

AND THEN

#3. Batman (1989)
This town needs an enema!
Do I look like I'm joking?

DESCENT

#2. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
Locked! Locked! Locked! I locked it all up! I had to! Nancy you are going to get some sleep tonight!

BOYFRIEND

#1. Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989)
Party on dudes

Irma is just starting to get to the southern tip, but I'm already getting some wind and rain in central-ish Florida. I've dealt with a lot of hurricanes before, but this one seems to be the biggest. The lights'll probably go out sometime tonight/tomorrow morning.

HEEEEEEEY

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO

RARARARARAA

IDONT KNOW WHAT IM SAYING