October Horror Challenge

Tools    

Looks like it might be fun. Been wanting to wait until October to watch some horror I haven't seen before anyway

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I haven't seen much horror but I'm thinking we watch at least one from from each of the following

David Cronenberg
John Carpenter
Wes Craven
Tobe Hooper

Am I missing anyone?

I say add Argento and Fulci to the list...and maybe break some of this up into anthology territory, as well..like...maybe a series not as popular as Creepshow like - Hmm..any ideas?

On another note: Anyone down to take this one on again?

How well does the poster art live up to the mood of the film - as this should be the epitome of Halloween themed films as far as atmosphere goes, judging from that artwork? DID THEY LIE?!

What do you mean by the second part, do you want to include a watch an anthology category? Trick 'r Treat is great IMO, i'll get a list of lesser known ones in a minute if that's what you're suggesting.
I've always wanted to see Trick or Treat. That's with an Ozzy cameo, right?

Anthology...Body Bags, Tales from the Darkside (which kind of sucks, right?)..Tales of Halloween...I'm braindead at the moment, so yeah if you wanna brainstorm some anthology action that'd be swell

Oh, OK. Trick R' Treat, not Trick OR Treat..I was thinking of the 1980's movie.

I have access to Tales from the Hood, but of course I'd watch anything that's decided on...I'll look more in a bit. Still fuzzy on how the democracy thing works in these kinds of threads

How well does the poster art live up to the mood of the film - as this should be the epitome of Halloween themed films as far as atmosphere goes, judging from that artwork? DID THEY LIE?!
I love all the Halloween films - this one, while completely odd, is one of my favorites. I watch it every year.

I was thinking an interesting take on this subject would be to watch the least liked sequel in a series.

For Halloween it'd be 3 or 8 (Resurrection). Both are endearing in their own ways IMO.

People hate Exorcist II as well. Cool stuff in there IMO.

I love all the Halloween films - this one, while completely odd, is one of my favorites. I watch it every year.

I was thinking an interesting take on this subject would be to watch the least liked sequel in a series.

For Halloween it'd be 3 or 8 (Resurrection). Both are endearing in their own ways IMO.

People hate Exorcist II as well. Cool stuff in there IMO.
Ive never seen The Heretic. Id be down for some a that

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I feel like there should also be something like "watch one movie of each subject matter" and then have a list of a few different movies from different horror sub-genre's. Sort of like an Around the world in 80 days but for horror.

Let the night air cool you off
I'm sure most of these have probably already been mentioned, but I'll sling out some ideas.

- Hammer film
- Giallo film
- Franchise film (Halloween, Friday 13, Elm Street, Saw, etc.)
- Remake
- Silent horror film
- Horror film from this century
- Slasher
- Vampire film
- Horror film from the year you were born
- Japanese horror film
- Korean horror film
- Thai horror film
- Holiday horror film
- Universal horror film
- Lucio Fulci film
- Action horror film
- Arthouse horror film
- Zombie film
- Mario or Lamberto Bava film
- Three+ hours horror film
- Horror film directed by a woman
- Horror film directed by a POC
- Horror film with less than a 6.0 on IMDb
- Horror film with a Certified Rotten rating on Rotten Tomatoes
- Animated horror film
- Cyberpunk horror film
- Horror film based on a novel
- Horror film based on a short story
- Cannibal film
- Post-80's Slasher
- Pre-80's Slasher
- Directorial debut horror film
- X or NC-17 rated horror film
- Horror anthology film
- Blockbuster horror film (It is actually a pretty solid horror blockbuster)
- Horror film about old people
- Horror film about kids
- Romantic horror film
- Haunted house film
- Canadian horror film
- French horror film
- Home invasion film
- Standalone slasher

Hopefully some of these will be helpful.

I say add Argento and Fulci to the list...and maybe break some of this up into anthology territory, as well..like...maybe a series not as popular as Creepshow like - Hmm..any ideas?

I've seen Halloweed 3 a few times and, frankly, I think it's totally out of place with the others. Whoever directed it went in a different direction. I think the constant "Silver Shamrock" commercials (music to the tune of "London Bridge is falling down..." is quite annoying.

IMHO, it doesn't match the poster at all.