Which is the best Stephen King movie ever made?

Tools    

What is the best Stephen King movie ever made?
54.55%
6 votes
The Shawshank Redemption
27.27%
3 votes
The Green Mile
18.18%
2 votes
Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace
11 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
My vote goes to Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace.

I mean, c'mon. Is there even a choice here?

In all seriousness, I'd say his top 3 are The Shining, Shawshank, and The Green Mile.

Well I really liked the It miniseries. So far, the best film is probably Misery.

Shawshank Redemption definitely, although The Mist is up there too.

Didn't even know a sequel to Lawnmower Man existed!

Joke threads are not good for the growth of a forum

Joke threads are not good for the growth of a forum
The actual thread isn't a joke, only the poll is. You can post whatever you like.

Well I really liked the It miniseries. So far, the best film is probably Misery.
It is above average for a Stephen King TV adaptation mostly because Tim Curry was outstanding and memorable there, but as a whole the miniseries has a lot of flaws. The main ones being the TV production budget and the horror being toned down. The acting of the main cast was nothing spectacular, either.

The actual thread isn't a joke. The poll is. You can post whatever you like.
I wish you would have clarified that. Sorry for the slight misunderstanding.

It is above average for a Stephen King TV adaptation mostly because Tim Curry was outstanding and memorable there, but as a whole the miniseries has a lot of flaws. The main ones being the TV production budget and the horror being toned down. The acting of the main cast was nothing spectacular, either.
If the horror was toned down, it was still very much present for my 12-year-old self . Also, I think the cast was largely very good; Richard Thomas, John Ritter and Annette O'Toole stand out from what I can remember.

Shawshank followed by The Shining. That being said, I'll always have a soft spot for Pet Cemetery. It doesnt hold a candle to those first two but I could quote lines from it all day long...

I know this may sound purposefully silly, but I honestly like the purity of Maximum Overdrive. He did whatever he wanted and it was cool. He used AC/DC for the soundtrack. No middle man, he did it himself. I wish he'd do it again.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I know this may sound purposefully silly, but I honestly like the purity of Maximum Overdrive. He did whatever he wanted and it was cool. He used AC/DC for the soundtrack. No middle man, he did it himself. I wish he'd do it again.

I love that movie, he gets so much flak for it but it's a cult classic and rightfully so.

I love that movie, he gets so much flak for it but it's a cult classic and rightfully so.
I remember seeing it when it came out on KLHV VHS and I thought for sure it would be rated 4 stars from tv guide. Months later, when I saw tv guide rated it 1 star, my soul was shaken. This is true. I've been on edge about the sensibilities of paid critics ever since. Also true.

Shawshank followed by The Shining. That being said, I'll always have a soft spot for Pet Cemetery. It doesnt hold a candle to those first two but I could quote lines from it all day long...
You mean Pet Sematary?

Yeah. Must have forgotten how to mispell it correctly... The irony is I actually misspelled 'cemetery' as 'cemetary' in the original post and chrome put a wavy red line under it so I automatically corrected it without thinking cause Im neurotic like that.

The correct answer is The Langoliers, obviously.

My actual answer would probably be Carrie (1976) or Pet Sematary, though I'm strangely partial towards The Mist as well. Has anyone seen the director's black and white version? It's very atmospheric.