Which will be the 2010 AVATAR ?

Tools    

Avatar is the block buster movie of all time. Now say do you think any movie in 2010 may be as successful as Avatar. Name the movie?

Sitting in motion picture graveyard time, it's hard to predict. Hell, Avatar was even original... so... something original?

Uh, I think we will have to wait until James Cameron makes Avatar II to see anything come close to Avatar in sales. Only Cameron can hype a movie like Cameron.

Hell, Avatar was even original... so... something original?
Oh yeah, very original.

Anyway...if you want to see what might make half the money Avatar has (as this is a more realistic predicition) check to see what's coming out this year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_in_film
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Anarchist within reason
Iron Man 2 maybe.

Predators hopefully

Probably not Alice in Wonderland, that film looks terrible
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

Anarchist within reason
Judging my the success of the first and the trailer for the sequel looks really good, I am actually looking forward to seeing it

I don't often seem to like blockbusters as much as I did Avatar, (of course, some exceptions) but Iron Man 2 seems to be the most hyped of the year. Actually, I thought Iron Man was actually a pretty solid superhero film but judging from the previews for Iron Man 2, they are doing everything the first one didn't do which is a very bad thing.

But, you really never know what will be the biggest blockbuster of the year but there seems to be lots of them.

Iron Man 2 has a large chance:

1. Beefed up the effects.

2. Added more of the comedy we loved from the first

3. Better storyline

4. Kickass new iron man

Even my choice is Iron Man 2. Lets wait and see still we are in March.

Yeah...no chance. For any of the films listed. Avatar is an anamoly, and some of the things that allowed it to make as much money as it did (IMAX, 3D, etc, which certainly helped) are, in my opinion, partially based on a degree novelty, which will make it impossible to capitalize on these two things quite as successfully in the future.

Someone will take it down, but I think it'll be a few years.

Sadly, no. In a perfect world they might, but March releases typically perform at much lower levels than those in the summer. Clash of the Titans should do fine, but I don't think it'll come close. I'll be stunned if it grosses even half of what Avatar has.

Semper Fooey
There won't be an Avatar this year, unless your definition is the top grossing movie of the year rather one that will do the same kind of business. I have no idea what will be the hit of 2010.

George Lucas speaking with Frank Oz about Phantom Menace -

"There's no way of knowing what's going to happen. We're never going to beat Titanic, nobody can, you know -" GL

"Can you explain that?" Frank Oz

"Nobody can. It's one of those things. It just happens. It's like Star Wars did when it first did it. It defies reality." GL

I'm pretty sure that nobody will beat James Cameron as much time as he is alive, I watched Avatar like 3 times in cinema and once at home, this is a real fantastic movie which attracts you and possible that Avatar II will beat the record again.

Dear, still no such movies looking nearer to Avatar. But i think Robin Hood will be the best selling movie of the year. I hope so.

Iron Man 2 is probably a much safer bet. That or whatever Twilight installment they've got coming out next. But if I had to put money on which makes the most money, it'd be the former.