Going off the deep end.

Tools    

See post #19 from The Hurt Locker thread.

More than 200,000,000 people died in WWII. Sounds like a lose lose situation to me.

There is no space between the energy field - a good film to watch for this in Mindwalk (1990), which goes into the physics of the Unified Field.

Some ideas state that "all beings" are drawn from a universal field of energy and "created" into matter - slow moving spirals of enegy. This is a temporary state of "isolation" that can be overcome be trancendental meditation - i.e. dipping into the Unified Field while "we" are "trapped" within our "individual bodies". But in reality; all bodies are simply part of the unifield energy field.

Matter is a "portion of this energy" moving in slow spirals.

WHY?

Go figure.

Use the FORCE!

War is always lose-lose in the sense that we'd all be better off without it in a vacuum, but it often takes place because a certain situation has already left the realm of "win-win" and has become a choice between bad and worse. World War II was a victory for humanity because the cost of losing it was still higher than the cost it took to win it.

Mahatma Gandhi once said, "there are many things for which I might die; there is nothing for which I would kill". Well, I'm not the Mahatma, but he has a nice idea.

I don't consider the current rulers of the world much better than Adolf Hitler or General Togo, to be honest. The world is run by the pervesre and the greedy.

Always has been. But then, "if god did not want them sheared he whould not have made them sheep," I guess.

I would agree that Hitler sucked big time. He was a crazy person. Stalin sucked too.
Truman dropped two nuclear weapons on old men, women and children.

Chuck Yeager states, in his memoirs, he was ordered on a strafing mission against civilians while fighting in Europe.

The USSR was the big mover in taking out the Nazis, and Stalin was every bit as demented as Hitler and killed just as many (if not more). Both these men conspired to create WWII. Stalin won WWII and took half of Europe. The US took the place of the Nazis in controlling post-war Western Europe. Now the US has the big rockets (thanks to Von Braun and other captured Nazis).

Makes one want to run and hide in Amsterdam.

The point being - in WWII there were actually maybe a half dozen true enemies to humanity (Hitler, Togo, Mussolini, and so forth). 200 million had to die to take out those few nuts and still left many other nuts still in place. Hmmmmmm. Something is wrong somewhere.

More than 200,000,000 people died in WWII.
Where are you getting this from?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I kind of see the Presidency of the United States as a Sam Worthington in Avatar. The President (whomever sits in office) is a puppet for an animator we don't see.

PS - "official estimates" of WWII deaths are around 70 million. This does not take in to account a vast number. Many cases of starvation and disease go unreported. Various reports of civilian deaths come out of Russia. Some say Russian only sustained 10 million civilian deaths. Rabbi tell me Stalin killed more Jews than that in Siberian labor camps. You can pretty much figure on doubling to tripling any "official" wartime estimates you see. For instance, in the Battle of Mogadishu (Black Hawk Down) the estimates for "enemy" killed is 1,000 - 10,000. Wide margin for error.

Never think the internet is a source of knowledge. It is a source of folly.

Mahatma Gandhi once said, "there are many things for which I might die; there is nothing for which I would kill". Well, I'm not the Mahatma, but he has a nice idea.

I don't consider the current rulers of the world much better than Adolf Hitler or General Togo, to be honest. The world is run by the pervesre and the greedy.

Always has been. But then, "if god did not want them sheared he whould not have made them sheep," I guess.

I would agree that Hitler sucked big time. He was a crazy person. Stalin sucked too.
Truman dropped two nuclear weapons on old men, women and children.

Chuck Yeager states, in his memoirs, he was ordered on a strafing mission against civilians while fighting in Europe.

The USSR was the big mover in taking out the Nazis, and Stalin was every bit as demented as Hitler and killed just as many (if not more). Both these men conspired to create WWII. Stalin won WWII and took half of Europe. The US took the place of the Nazis in controlling post-war Western Europe. Now the US has the big rockets (thanks to Von Braun and other captured Nazis).

Makes one want to run and hide in Amsterdam.

The point being - in WWII there were actually maybe a half dozen true enemies to humanity (Hitler, Togo, Mussolini, and so forth). 200 million had to die to take out those few nuts and still left many other nuts still in place. Hmmmmmm. Something is wrong somewhere.
Your grasp of history and current events is sadly lacking. Do you really believe that the prime ministers of Germany and Japan today are "not much better than Adolph Hitler or General Tojo?" If the US really "took the place of the Nazis in controlling post-war Western Europe," how come European countries often oppose our policies? And when did Germany, Italy, and Japan ever come up with something like the Marshal Plan to rebuild even our former enemies after that war?

Before you get so damn smug about Truman dropping "two nuclear weapons on old men, women and children" learn something about what the Japanese were doing to Chinese and Korean and other Asian civilians in 1939-1945 and what they would have continued doing to others and their own people if the war hadn't ended. The Japanese had the highest death rate among their POWs than any of the other beligerents by many degrees of magnitude.

It wasn't just a handful of war criminals on the Axis side in World War II--go read about the development of the Brown Shirts in Italy, the Nazis in Germany, the militarists in Japan and how they assassinated any moderate who dared to oppose them and stomped down anyone who dared to question them. There were millions of those people and they posed a major threat to the rest of the world.

Don't be so damned dismissive of what it cost the Allies to stop that drive for world domination.

And when you go hide in Amsterdam, ask the Dutch what they suffered under the Nazis and how glad they were to be liberated by the Allies.

I kind of see the Presidency of the United States as a Sam Worthington in Avatar. The President (whomever sits in office) is a puppet for an animator we don't see.
My, aren't you the jaded SOB! Just a guess--are you from Berkley?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Last time I checked Berkeley was in NorCal, not SoCal. That doesn't have anything to do with shoes fitting...

Well, you can bark at me if you like - but I think all politicians are crooks who work for pimps.

Do you really believe that the prime ministers of Germany and Japan today are "not much better than Adolph Hitler or General Tojo?"
Puppets - those people are TV commercial performers. The world is run by vampires.
http://www.trilateral.org/

Harry S. Truman was not a raving murderous nut like Hitler, but he made the choice to nuke a lot of folks. No getting around that. All arguments aside, the US is the only country to nuke another country. Thanks, Truman.

I'm a vet. It was interesting. I served in Bosinia and Haiti. Hey, it was the Navy - it was an adventure. I worked in supply, so ... not so much an adventure. More like sixteen hours a day work work work.

I live in California. I feed off the big fat cow that is America. I am pig, I wallow in the mud.

No, I am not preaching. But I say it like it is.

Hell, I'm too damn fat to even go surfing anymore.

Anyway, I'd rather talk about the Unified Field than politics. People who talk politics are like dogs chasing their tails.

One thing for certain, those Japanese nuked by the bomb made their way back to the Unified Field in short order.

Oh, Jeeze! The old trilateral commission BS!!!!! This is where you end up after reading all of that philosopical library you listed in another discussion???

Harry S. Truman was not a raving murderous nut like Hitler, but he made the choice to nuke a lot of folks. No getting around that. All arguments aside, the US is the only country to nuke another country. Thanks, Truman.
Thank you very much, Truman. My dad was in the Pacific and would have been involved in the invasion of Japan which would have killed more Allies and even more Japanese than the two A-bombs. Thanks to those bombs, my dad was around when I was growing up, and that means more to me than the whole island of Japan. Like Truman said, the only thing unforgiveable was if he had the means in hand to end the war and instead let it continue. War is hell--as much in Japanese-occupied China, Korea, and the Philippines as in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. What happened to Germans and Japanese in all of the bombing raids during the war they started 70 years ago doesn't bother me one iota. Most of them would have been dead of natural causes by now anyway.

yawn

I happen to think cutthroat imperialists who rape 80% of the world are scum. But that is me. I still live off their fat, however. Guilty.

It is nice we can post our opinions on the internet. Want to guess how many people don't even have electricity?

Truman was a hick. When you put the most awesome power ever found into the hands of a hick who never even held a real job or had any real responsiblity - you get a disaster. Especially when he is surrounded by a group of guys who wait with drooling mouths to take over the world.

Soldiers fight. That is their job. Nuclear weapons are not acceptable. Ever. Never. Sorry.

By the way, the books I listed make up about .05% of what I have read (or something).
I read a good deal of modern science as well.
I offered those titles for those who are creative and might want writing source material. But I should expect some to make attacks on a personal level any opinion or sharing that is offered.

I can give my opinions on war and human beings murdering one another without attacking any of you. Why am I not treated with the same respect? I wonder? But then, if you defend the need to kill others, well, I should expect to be attacked for saying it is wrong. Even on a personal level. I forgive you. (Not really) I cry like a baby.

ruff ruff ruff - I chase my tail.

By the way, I didn't list a link about the Trilateral Commission. I listed THEIR WEBSITE. I happen to take their Trilog and recommend others do the same. Just for your information, the TC publishes many informational books that will tell you about the world you live in, hello. They run the show, they should know.

There are many conspiracy nuts out there who get their education from the internet and who think they know something about the TC. I would say, just surf their website and read their books. This will give you a window into how the world works. Forget the nuts talking about "them". Duh, Walmart is them. We are them. The TC is simply made up of the top CEOs worldwide (or North America/Japan/EU - the real world).

Business controls policy. Politics serve business.

http://www.trilateral.org/

To give more examples;

The average German in WWII thought they were the victim and defending themselves. This is because Hitler had "arranged" an incursion by Poland into Germany, which justified his full on invasion of Poland. England and France declared war on Germany (not the other way around). Not to mention, England bombed German cities at night while trying to hit factories in Germany. This started the war on civilians. So - even though the Nazis were freaks and evil, only a few Germans knew this. Of course they got caught up in hype and fascism. But, for the most part, most Germans felt the world was attacking them.

Japan - well, those people were all going to die for the Emperor (or rather the Shogun, Togo). You can visit General Togo Memorial Park, Tokyo. In Hitler's case you had an invented racial identity for his Nutzi movement. In the case of Japan you had a real racial identity and a warrior culture going back fifteen hundred years. That is a marble monument - rock solid. Hard thing to face down in war.

But in both cases what you have is a people who view the world the same way, say, a US soldier might. They feel they are justified. Their country is right. They know best. Everyone else is backward.

The fundamentalist Muslim who blows up a building in justified in his heart and mind. Now, for myself, I think Islam is a plagiarism based off another plagaiarism. It is a work of hate written against the Jews, Christians, and Hindu's and designed to reinvent Muhammed as Moses. But that is just how I read it. But the fundamentalist is justified in his heart.

POV defines reality. Willing to kill for any reason makes killing part of the human interaction. I will only kill to prevent death. And the fundedamentalist screams about a bombed out village and his dead relatives and how it all must stop and blows up the mall. Dog chases tail. "An eye for an eye making the whole world bliind" to crib a line.

I more or less view the "war on terror" as the cult crazed fundementalist Muslims at war with the Corporations of the world. Hey man, it is right out of 1984. Too funny.

But it's not just the big bad Corporations. It's human nature. If not Corporations, then it's a church and royalty. Or a dictator and his special interest groups. But it is never the people. It is the few who rule. The takers who live off others. All businessmen feed off the labor of others. If you work for a living, someone wearing a suit making much more is most likely living off what you do. Reality. Sh--- floats.

So the bandits always rule the day. Because they take what they want and they kill babies to get it. No mater if they royalty or CEO's. Baby killers all. And the people dance like bears with a ring in our nose.

So I vote we form a Federation Of Planets (or Planet) and all wear Star Trek uniforms. Once everyone lives by the same code we will be okay. I'm writing it now. The Code. Now I need MY army! Maybe I will clone them.

Land of the Blind (2006) - good flick, I say watch it.