i have seen this movie a couple of times, and to be honest, i really enjoy the premise, for me aswell as i like David caruso as an actor, i found this film that was directed william friedkin, i found this film to be Derivative, but gorgeous and entertaining, simply as that, i love linda fiorentino in any film, especially with her marvellous role in The last seduction, i like erotic dramas for what they offer in mysteries and great looking actresses, but Jade goes in the way of offering more and more violence to that mid 90s era known for its sexually violent movie offerings back then, don t get me wrong you re in for a great ride here when it comes to suspence, and it comes aplenty, the movie has very good pacing and enough mystery to get you excited to know what happens..
Starting with a delicious title sequence, the movie is stepped mostly in style. Something about it recalls Brian de Palma,kinda, it is staged quite theatrically, and it works. Jade maintains enough coherency to keep us involved, and director William Friedkin avoids overselling the sex factor if i can say.
major recommendation for thriller lovers out there, and those who are big fan of 90s cinema