Who is history's most well-known individual?

Tools    

Yeah the way you ask this question opens up a whole other can of questions that has more cans and more questions inside it... really... I feel like many it ought to be Hitler but obviously there was an unfathomable higher number of people alive before his death than after it.. we are talking 100 years of history vs 200,000 years, a very different 100 years.. one might still argue the case for Hitler as most "well-known" due how the Nazis almost ushered in the age of media and propaganda in it.. this and meticulous and extensive research to this day gave us unprecedented access to a tyrant, whereas before you may have only seen their face on a coin with words on it you don't know how to read.
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Make a better place
Michael Jackson

I think he is the most famous person on the planet, no matter which part of the world no matter how old a person is, everybody knows Michael Jackson

I think there is nobody that comes even close

I'm gonna go for it being one of the Marx brothers .... either Groucho, Harpo, Chico, Boris or Donald.