Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I have fond memories of watching that show after school, and I had a massive crush on Kelly Kapowski. When I got older and saw Showgirls I just remember thinking how upset Jessie would have been at herself.

Suspect's Reviews

This might just do nobody any good.
Inadvertent paranoia double feature.

I'd been itching to revisit this one. I'm still finding things I love about it. Something that stuck out this time was Prideoux and Haydon's relationship. Strong emits such deep melancholy while Firth is equally amiable though distant throughout. Their glance at one another near the end (no, not that bit, the flashback prior) really sunk on me. Seems a shame they're usually cast in opposite roles than those here.

How f'n crazy is that this is Coppola's (arguably) fourth best film?

How f'n crazy is that this is Coppola's (arguably) fourth best film?
I know I'm probably alone on this, but I think it's Coppola's best film...Hackman's too.

This might just do nobody any good.
I know I'm probably alone on this, but I think it's Copolla's best film...Hackman's too.
Certainly his tightest narrative. I actually know a few people who place it above both Godfathers. Apocalypse is hard to beat for me, though. The latter is, as I've said before, the ultimate exertion of everything 70s cinema.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011) -

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I would've also liked Fincher to adapt the other two books in the series

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

The Devil and Daniel Webster (1941)

I think I'll love this more the next time I see it. I thought it started a bit slow, but it wouldn't have felt that way had I known what was to come. It's a sell your soul to the devil movie in case you've been living under a rock. I guess I've been living under a rock since I didn't know going in. I loved all the performances and it has great atmosphere and creepiness.

The Conversation - 1974
I know I'm probably alone on this, but I think it's Copolla's best film...Hackman's too.
I agree with you. One of my all time favorite films. Everything was just right. The haunting solo piano score by David Shire is memorable, and was perfect for the movie.

~Doc

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Archie: To Riverdale and Back (1990) - perhaps made to capitalize on both the 50th anniversary of Archie and the success (at the time) of NBC's cartoon series The New Archies, which depicted the Riverdale kids as middle schoolers, someone came up with the idea of having the Riverdale gang being grown up and attending their 15-year high school reunion.

Archie became a lawyer and instead of choosing Betty or Veronica, he has a fiancee in a third party who could care less about the old days. Betty became a teacher who tends to be bullied by her current boyfriend. Veronica is well..Veronica, a four-time divorcee who still pines for Archie. Jughead is a divorced psychiatrist who is trying to have a relationship with his son, who he gained custody of. Reggie is still Reggie, only he is now a gym owner.

As the reunion moves on ahead, the classic love triangle starts to re-emerge while Reggie, with approval from Mr. Lodge, plans to evict Pops from his iconic soda shop so he can expand his gym. In the midst of all the chaos, Archie finds a sense of nostalgia that may make him change his mind about leaving Riverdale.

It's harmless fun, the jokes and hijinks are like that of the comics and the core gang are nearly reminiscent of their comic counterparts. A polar opposite of the current CW series Riverdale, this is one just harmless mindless family fun with a bit of adult humor done in a tasteful manner.

Final Rating: B

I've never heard of this, but I used to read the "Archie" comics when I was younger, and I liked Christopher Rich on "Murphy Brown" and "Reba", so I added this to my watchlist.

I just saw this on IMAX, and I wanted to like it so much, but I just couldn't...

Checking on the reviews here and there, people seem to LOVE it.

I ended up giving it a
, and I knew I was being generous even.

Reasons I didn't like it:

1) It's not funny when Marvel tries to be funny in every 2 minutes.
2) Villain starts strong, but falls easy at the end. This is in every Marvel movies pretty much.
3) Some action scenes are done very lazy. This is also in every Marvel movies pretty much.
4) Spidey's movement is too CGI, doesn't have any gravity feel
5) Other than Spidey and villain, I didn't like or care about any other characters
6) Spidey seems incompetent in this movie without Iron Man's suit and help. Also his motive is to be cool or to impress others, which seems lame and selfish.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Fear dot com

(William Malone)

If there ever was a film that was specifically designed to be a rip-off, this is it. Coming out the same year as the American remake of The Ring, fear dot com treads familiar water. This time, instead of an unmarked videotape, we have a website. Scary???? Four bodies are found in New York City. They are eerily connected, as they all died 48 hours after logging onto the website, FEARDOTCOM.COM Yup...it's feardotcom.COM

After seeing the opening sequence, I was expecting the film to be mediocre at best. I was wrong. This film is atrocious. It borrows heavily from the previously mentioned film, let's take a look shall we?

Both films showcase people dying after witnessing video/website

Both films have the lead female character discovery a dead body in the water

That dead body belongs to a little girl that you see before you die.

After each person dies, they are stuck with a terrified look of horror on their face.

I could go on, but that would mean thinking about this film more often than one should.

I'm a fan of Stephen Dorff, but he's not good enough to elevate trash to garbage. Jeffery Combs is criminally underused here as well. The film has these genre actors, even Udo Kier pops up, but it does nothing with them. The direction of the film is directionless. It goes in circles not knowing where to stop, or even begin for that matter.

Let me list the things you can do instead of watching fear dot com:

Watch paint dry.
Take a nap.
Watch a second coat of paint dry.
Take a calculus exam.
Flip a coin and guess how it lands.
Sit an at airport for 6 hours.
Stay on hold for 4 hours.
Never be able to connect to your house wifi.
Be stuck in traffic.
Listen to a Kardashian talk about evolution.
Do your tax returns.
Take heath advice from Gwyneth Paltrow

In summary...this movie stinks.