Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I think Charlie Human has cursed art.
LOL sean, Charlie isn't human.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Sorry meant Charlie Non-Hunnam
I saw him in SoA and liked him but then saw him in Pacific Rim and thought he was just the same character. Think I will trust Cos' rating and give this a miss.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
In all fairness, the a.m. movie call is still a strong move. Just don't spend the WHOLE rest of your day thinking about that film.

I saw him in SoA and liked him but then saw him in Pacific Rim and thought he was just the same character.
I only saw a few episodes of Sons of Anarchy so I didn't get much of a read on him in that. I don't mind him in Pacific Rim at all though, because while that movie is a bit of a mess, it's still really fun.

In all fairness, the a.m. movie call is still a strong move. Just don't spend the WHOLE rest of your day thinking about that film.
With how little an impact it left, I think by this time tomorrow I'll have forgotten I've even seen it haha.

I actually prefer to go to movies early. Not usually this early, but lunch time/early afternoon for sure.

movies can be okay...

Ordet (1955) -
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

In a Glass Cage (1986)

-

There's this ex-Nazi doctor who used to rape, torture and kill little boys. Years later, after an attempted suicide has left him confined to an iron lung, he lives in a big isolated house with his wife and young daughter. The wife is miserable taking care of him, and secretly wishes he would die. A young man shows up one day, says he has nursing experience, and wants to work helping to care for him. She doesn't like him but the guy wants the young fellow there. The young fellow turns out to be a former victim and is there for revenge. Except he's not just there for revenge, he's also there to take the guy's place as the monster. This is a pretty decent movie if you like sick stories. I had never really known what an iron lung was, and that thing alone is enough to make me squirm. It's a very uncomfortable movie to watch to say the least. It's very slow at times but I liked it.

The Fly (1986) -

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Criss Cross (1949)

A guy (Burt Lancaster) returns home to L.A. after many years. He reconnects with his family and gets his old job as an armored car guard back, but what he really wants is to get his ex-wife (Yvonne De Carlo who I wanted to bang when I was about 10 when she played Lily Munster) back. She marries a gangster (Dan Duryea), and we get a love triangle. When the gangster catches the two former lovers together, Lancaster's character tells him that all he wanted was to meet him to talk about a heist. The heist happens, and there's either a criss cross, or the title means nothing. A good cast and a good movie with a great ending.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

It doesn't have the colorless wet-cement aesthetic of the other Marvel films, but this is still a hot mess. Even some admittedly funny jokes and creative setpieces can't make up for the loud, cluttered, obnoxious finale.

Welcome to the human race...
That of Alien 3 or Resurrection, where the expected displays of horror and action are shored up by some well-earned weirdness.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Any Number Can Play (1949)

Good movie, but a bit predictable. Loved Clark Gable in it. It made me realize that I haven't seen enough of his movies.

+

Care for some gopher?
In a Glass Cage (1986)
-
I thought this movie was fantastic! Gave it a 8.5/10. Great cinematography and atmosphere!