Mulholland Dr. (David Lynch, 2001):

Boyfriends and Girlfriends (Eric Rohmer, 1987):

Pauline at the Beach (Eric Rohmer, 1983):

When a Stranger Calls (Fred Walton, 1979):

Days of Heaven (Terrence Malick, 1978):

Close-Up (Abbas Kiarostami, 1990):

The Imposter (Bart Layton, 2012):

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Sex and the City (Michael Patrick King, 2008)

Haunted High (Jeffery Scott Lando, 2012)

Ghost Rider (Mark Steven Johnson, 2007)

Grease (Randal Kleiser, 1978)
+

T-Birds leader John Travolta gives Australian hottie but goody-goody Olivia Newton-John his class ring but then things get really awkward.
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Miss Osbourne (Walerian Borowczyk, 1981)
+
Viva Algeria (Nadir Moknèche, 2004)
+
Torque (Joseph Kahn, 2004)
-
For My Father (Dror Zahavi, 2008)

Jewish teenage outsider Yalon Hill meets Muslim suicide bomber Shredi Jibarin, who’s wearing a defective bomb, and they fnd they have much in common.
Big Ass Spider! (Mike Mendez, 2013)

Storm Children: Book One (Lav Diaz, 2014)

Drums of Africa (James B. Clark, 1963)

Tony Conrad: Completely in the Present (Tyler Hubby, 2016)

Besides being one of the world’s most-unique violinists, purveyors of avant-garde music and experimental filmmakers, Tony Conrad was a painter – here doing his personal version of “Incontinent Underwear”.
Traitors (Sean Gullette, 2014)
+
Chronic (Michel Franco, 2015)

Stranger on My Land (Larry Elikann, 1988)
+
Kiss Me Kate (George Sidney, 1953)

A Broadway musical version of The Taming of the Shrew includes a high-stepping Bianca (Ann Miller) and Lucentio (Tommy Rall).
Two Girls and a Guy (James Toback, 1997)
+
Maestà, The Passion of the Christ (Andy Guérif, 2015)

Ninja Masters aka Coweb (Xiong Xin Xin, 2009)

Toni Erdmann (Maren Ade, 2016)

Toni Erdmann, the alter ego of her prankster father (Peter Simonischek), shows up at the “naked party” of his hard-working daughter (Sandra Hüller) dressed as a Bulgarian kuker [scarer of evil spirits].

Remote Control (1988)

Really fun, unashamedly campy 80s sci fi. There are so many movies that I could apply that to, but this one is still pretty unique, and not as slapstick as it may initially seem. The action seems a little out of place, but the movie doesn’t dwell on it too long.

The Saddest Music in the World (2003)

Guy Maddin’s style can be so charming and beautiful, but can get overbearing at feature length. The plot isn’t too interesting, but the movie can be gorgeous in spurts.

Brain Dead (1990)

Cheesy Re-Animator inspired asylum horror. Entertaining, with a nice low-budget 90s atmo and fun OTT acting.

Buck Rogers (1979)

This production is basically a cheesy Star Wars TV rip off. There’s a ton of dumb logic, and the lead is annoying and misogynistic, but the premise is fun.

The Hyperboloid of Engineer Garin (1965)
?
Some of the best cinematography I’ve ever seen. A convoluted plot that ventures through heavy doses of noir, political thriller, and campy science fiction. It seems every part of the crew knew exactly what they wanted, but forgot to have a meeting beforehand. It’s not bizarre at face value, but I can’t think of anything close to it.

The Fantastic Mr.Fox

Finally got my kids to watch this with me. Gets better every time. My 8 year old has watched it twice since. Yay me, dad of the year.

This is the first time I've seen someone post about Fantastic Mr. Fox ever since I joined this forum. I absolutely love this movie. The dry humor never gets old, and I could watch anytime!

The Fantastic Mr.Fox

Finally got my kids to watch this with me. Gets better every time. My 8 year old has watched it twice since. Yay me, dad of the year.

This is the first time I've seen someone post about Fantastic Mr. Fox ever since I joined this forum. I absolutely love this movie. The dry humor never gets old, and I could watch anytime!
Fantastic Mr.Fox is pretty much the best film agreed,

None of us will hear this unless we have a dvd player

Blu Ray is just pretending it's better at sound, slightly better coloured cells or something is what it's better at

The Fantastic Mr.Fox

Fantastic Mr.Fox is pretty much the best film agreed,

Care for some gopher?
The Wild Bunch (Sam Peckinpah, 1969) -

10.000 BC (Roland Emmerich, 2008) -
+
The Fox and the Hound (Art Stevens/Ted Berman/Richard Rich, 1981) -

Ja-yugyeolhon The Love Marriage (Lee Byung-il, 1958) -

Phantom Ship a.k.a. The Mystery of the Mary Celeste (Denison Clift, 1935) -
+
The Pink Panther (Shawn Levy, 2006) -
+

Salt and Fire (Werner Herzog, 2016)

Classical Chicken [The Blue Danube] (Muppets [No Director Listed], 2009)
-
Why Did I Get Married? (Tyler Perry, 2007)

The Pink Panther Strikes Again (Blake Edwards, 1976)

Clouseau’s manservant Cato (Burt Kwouk) and Clouseau (Peter Sellers) prepare to battle each other in martial arts to stay in training.
The Hound and the Rabbit (Rudolf Ising, 1937)

Grandma’s House (Paul D. Hannah, 2016)

The Notorious Landlady (Richard Quine, 1962)

Kong: Skull Island (Jordan Vogt-Roberts, 2017)
+

The God of Skull Island is actually one of the kinder creatures there.
The Rabbit Trap (Philip Leacock, 1959)
-
The Hungry Wolf (Hugh Harman, 1942)
-
The Silver Chalice (Victor Saville, 1954)

Personal Shopper (Olivier Assayas, 2016)
+

Staying in Paris to try to contact her recently-dead twin brother – a medium – a personal shopper (Kristen Stewart) for the rich and busy begins receiving mysterious and disturbing texts from an unknown person.
King David (Bruce Beresford, 1985)

Barabbas (Richard Fleischer, 1961)

Archipelago (Joanna Hogg, 2011)

Tommy Boy (Peter Segal, 1995)
+

When his dad dies, dim bulb Chris Farley [right] and his dad’s assistant David Spade must go on the road to sell his dad’s brake pads and save the family auto parts business. They pass the time singing a Carpenters hit.
Out in the Dark (Michael Mayer, 2013)
-
The Night of the Lepus (William F. Claxton, 1972)

Sodom and Gomorrah (Robert Aldrich, 1962)

Logan (James Mangold, 2017)

With Professor X (Patrick Stewart) and Laura (Dafnee Keen) watching Shane, Logan (Hugh Jackman) tries to explain to her that X-Men comic books don’t tell the truth.

Care for some gopher?
Her (Spike Jonze, 2013) -

The Untouchables (Brian De Palma, 1987) -
+
The Big Sleep (Howard Hawks, 1946) -
+
Die Einsamkeit des Killers vor dem Schuss A Hitman's Solitude Before the Shot (Florian Mischa Bröder, 2014) -

The Hyperboloid of Engineer Garin (Aleksandr Gitsburg, 1965)
+
Sugar Hill (Leon Ichaso, 1994)

Meanwhile (Mike Leigh, 1984)

Hot Millions (Eric Till, 1968)
+

Con man Peter Ustinov tries to rook an insurance company by outsmarting its computer and comes to the aid of a likable but unskilled secretary (Maggie Smith).
Four Minute Fever (William Deeke, 1956)

Police Academy 3: Back in Training (Jerry Paris, 1986)
+
Thick as Thieves (Scott Sanders, 1999)

Harvey (Henry Koster, 1950)

”Harvey and I sit in the bars... have a drink or two... play the juke box. We've entered as strangers - soon we have friends.” – Elwood P. Dowd (James Stewart)
Baby the Rain Must Fall (Robert Mulligan, 1965)
+
The Music Man (Jeff Bleckner, 2003)

Miracle at Lourdes (Henry K. Dunn, 1939)
+
Araya (Margot Benacerraf, 1959)

The cemetery where the salt farmers and fishermen of Venezuela’s Araya peninsula are laid to rest after a life of almost non-stop drudgery.
Cool World (Ralph Bakshi, 1992)
+
My King (Maïwenn, 2015)
-
Love Rites (Walerian Borowczyk, 1987)

Mickey’s Trailer (Ben Sharpsteen, 1938)

Goofy is driving the car further up the road while Mickey and Donald are stuck in the unhitched, out-of-control trailer, rolling down the mountain.
Burn-E (Angus MacLane, 2008)

Rage (George C. Scott, 1972)

I'm an actrice (Maïwenn, 2004)
+
Almost Famous (Cameron Crowe, 2000)
+

As witnessed by a teenaged Rolling Stone writer (Patrick Fugit), the guitarist (Billy Crudup) of an up-in-coming rock band shows how much acid he’s taken.

Tomorrow I’ll Get Up and Scald Myself with Tea (1977)

Some bitter old Nazis go back in time and try to give an H-Bomb to Hitler. One man tries to stop them while butterflies keep flapping their wings. It’s not as goofy as a lot of the older Czech comedies I’ve seen, but I love their typical zaniness. It’s still funny with an interesting story. I like that every old Czech movie cycles like the same 5 leading actors.

BTW, there's a really fine copy with English subtitles on youtube.

House II (1987)

I think it gets a little too ridiculous, and comes across as kind of a kids’ movie at times, but it’s still more entertaining and well-made than you’d probably expect (sans annoying music).

Logan (2014)

Not as formulaic as Marvel movies tend to be. I got some breathing room between one-liners, and a somewhat unpredictable screenplay. For such a ‘human’ superhero movie, it gets a little too histrionic at times, but it’s so much fun.

Nemesis (1992)

I guess this is considered the best from Albert Pyun, which is like being considered the best athlete in a retirement home, but it’s not too bad. For a cheesefest it’s kinda boring though. The jungle setting is really pretty too, but unsurprisingly doesn’t quite go with cyberpunk.

There is this though, which is nice:

[font=”verdana”][center]
The Hyperboloid of Engineer Garin (Aleksandr Gitsburg, 1965)
+
Hey, you watched it! Any particular thoughts? Did you think the music was as dynamically cool/annoying as I did?

Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat (1989)

Fun little weirdo vampire flick with unique spin as these vampires aren't really bad people and want to be normal. I enjoyed it. Antony Hickox is an interesting director.

Fright Night (1985)

Perfect film. Creepy, funny, expertly shot and cut. Great performances and music score.

Future-Kill (1984)

Awful. Only redeeming quality is some of the atmosphere works out on the dark streets and the costuming is inspired. Worst use of slow motion signifying absolutely nothing.

Blind Fury (1989)

Fun, funny and effective action. Good premise, and Rutger is large and in charge.

Anguish (1987)

Gets points for weirdness. Film within a film, within a film. Brutal violence, high atmosphere.

Care for some gopher?
Dick Tracy (William Berke, 1945) -
+
Dick Tracy vs. Cueball (Gordon Douglas, 1946) -
+
Contagion (Steven Soderbergh, 2011) -
+
Flushed Away (David Bowers/Sam Fell, 2006) -
+