5. Faith No More - Falling To Pieces
6. Sazz Leonore - Too Darn Hot
7. Mark Lanegan - Strange Religion
8. Nas - The World Is Yours
9. Concrete Blonde - Tomorrow, Wendy
10. Slipknot - Snuff

Round 3

1. Concrete Blonde - Tomorrow, Wendy
(I like/love everything I've ever heard from Concrete Blonde, so I really should dive deeper into their catalogue. Their music sounds very ahead of its time to me. Especially love the mood they create.)

2. Peppino Gagliardi - Che vuole questa musica stasera
(Part of me wants to rank it last for being such a pain in the ass to spell, but the music itself is quite beautiful and full of character and feeling. Booking a flight to Italy now.)

3. The Pretty Reckless - Going to Hell
(I'll save you a seat, darling!)

4. Faith No More - Falling to Pieces
(Dude has such a distinct voice. Depending on my mood, I either find it annoyingly whiny, or uniquely compelling. Today I find it a bit of both, but that bass is groovy.)

5. Slipknot - Snuff
(A much softer sound from Slipknot than I'm used to hearing.)

6. Don Williams - I'm Just a Country Boy
(I'm just a country clown.)

(Not bad, but I wish it had kicked into a different gear at some point as the sound gets too monotonous after awhile.)

8. Sazz Leonore - Too Darn Hot
(The original link was unavailable to me, so I went with this instead, which has a whopping 2 views at this point! Anyways, decent little jazzy number, but there's something very artificial about it that I don't like. It made me think of noir-themed episodes of sitcoms, where characters are donned in fedoras and pinstripe suits and the women are all pouty and whatnot. I get the same sense here, with a singer pretending to be something she's not, playing dress-up with her music instead of her wardrobe.)

9. Nas - The World is Yours
(Admire the verses. Hate the beat and the chorus.)

10. Beethoven - Symphony No. 5, Movement 4
(I think I'd have a greater appreciation for these classical pieces if I was watching an orchestra perform them in person, but in a song tournament they don't do much but bore me.)

Wasn't really feeling this round, to be honest.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Great list of nominations, IMO.

1. Mark Lanegan - Strange Religion
I hate voting my pick first against some of the options available, but I guess my age is a factor in what I listen to most now. It is what it is.

2. Faith No More - Falling To Pieces
Love Faith No More! The Real Thing album is maybe my second or third favorite from FNM. Had this been another track it could have easily been my #1 pick. Still a tough call as it is.

3. Concrete Blonde - Tomorrow, Wendy
A favorite band of the ex's so this one holds a bit of sentimental value more than other noms of the round. Too, great smokey vocals are always sexy.

4. Peppino Gagliardi - Che vuole questa musica stasera
Tough pick over Sazz Leonore. While I prefer the jazzy style of Too Darn Hot, I found the way her vocals sit in the mix too distracting to really enjoy the song as a whole. Her voice lacks dialogue with the band and unfortunately sounds overlaid against a muted backing track. It sounded most obvious during the sort of scat back-and-forth in the last third of the track. Shame really, as her voice is truly lovely. I suppose my #4 is less about what it is and more about what my #5 wasn't. If that makes sense?

5. Sazz Leonore - Too Darn Hot
Beautiful voice! See above comment for ranking preference.

6. Pretty Reckless - Going To Hell
Fun song that feels out of time. This would have felt right at home during my GnR, Motley Crue, and Extreme days

7. Nas - The World Is Yours
Was never a fan of Nas but hearing the style definitely took me back.

8. Beethoven - Symphony No. 5, Movement 4
Sad to say that two years of music theory totally burned me out of classical music. Nice to see Beethoven on the list though.

9. Don Williams - I'm Just A Country Boy
Never was a fan of Don Williams and openly opposed most country music in my youth having grown up in rural Alabama. But I believe him to be authentic. Perhaps another track of his might have ranked higher.

10. Slipknot - Snuff
Maybe it's a generational thing but I've never understood the attraction to Slipknot. I've had younger friends follow them near religiously but I could never seem to catch on. To me, Slipknot is their genre's equivalent of Phish. Both seem to have a massive fanbase, but I just don't get it. =D

(Not bad, but I wish it had kicked into a different gear at some point as the sound gets too monotonous after awhile.)
Totally agree. I love his voice but most tracks this album don't build. It definitely can get monotonous.

8. Sazz Leonore - Too Darn Hot
(The original link was unavailable to me, so I went with this instead, which has a whopping 2 views at this point!
I was the second view on that link

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Great list of nominations, IMO.

10. Slipknot - Snuff
Maybe it's a generational thing but I've never understood the attraction to Slipknot. I've had younger friends follow them near religiously but I could never seem to catch on. To me, Slipknot is their genre's equivalent of Phish. Both seem to have a massive fanbase, but I just don't get it. =D
LOL
That is such an excellent description and one I totally get.

ROUND 3
  1. Peppino Gagliardi - Che vuole questa musica stasera
  2. Nas - The World Is Yours
  3. Faith No More - Falling To Pieces
  4. Concrete Blonde - Tomorrow, Wendy
  5. Sazz Leonore - Too Darn Hot
  6. Beethoven - Symphony No. 5, Movement 4
  7. Pretty Reckless - Going To Hell
  8. Mark Lanegan - Strange Religion
  9. Don Williams - I'm Just A Country Boy
  10. Slipknot - Snuff

ROUND 4
Guns N' Roses - Live And Let Die

10. Slipknot - Snuff
what you don't like about Slipknot? If you don't like Metal I can understand but I don't get the hate either

Slipknot - Snuff
Pretty Reckless - Going To Hell
Sazz Leonore - Too Darn Hot
Don Williams - I'm Just A Country Boy
Mark Lanegan - Strange Religion
Faith No More - Falling To Pieces
Peppino Gagliardi - Che vuole questa musica stasera
Concrete Blonde - Tomorrow, Wendy
Nas - The World Is Yours
Beethoven - Symphony No. 5, Movement 4

Nom:Joe Walsh - Rocky Mountain Way

Wow, kind of surprised at the reaction of many people to Beethoven 5. To me, this piece is the definition of power and energy, and is one of my all-time favorites.

10. Slipknot - Snuff
what you don't like about Slipknot? If you don't like Metal I can understand but I don't get the hate either
Oh it's not at all hate. Just I never could get into them. People love them. I don't =/

Part of that may be my first introduction to them and noticing their theater. Masks and such seemed more for attention than their music. I've always looked at them as a novelty act for it and never really heard anything new in their sound. I mean put Mike Patton's percussive vocals in front of Korn's bass-heavy rhythms and there you go. Five years earlier. Not that I was much a fan of Korn either, aside from a few college cover band efforts.

Just not my thing. Even less so as I get older.

Faith No More - Falling To Pieces - I nominated this because I've just re-discovered it.

Pretty Reckless - Going To Hell - If you're gonna do rock, do it more like this.

Beethoven - Symphony No. 5, Movement 4 - I'm not much of a Beethoven man, but this has always been something I liked to listen to. Probably because it was the first of his symphonies I listened to in its entirety more than once.

Concrete Blonde - Tomorrow, Wendy - I like the feel of this. Very 90's.

Nas - The World Is Yours - This has a nice groove.

Sazz Leonore - Too Darn Hot - A nice bouncy little number to start us off. I like it, but it I agree with those who feel something isn't quite 'right' with it. I think the Captain sort of came to a similar conclusion, but I think I probably like it more than he did.

Mark Lanegan - Strange Religion - I quite like the mood and feel and, if I knew the lyrics I might feel it more? But I don't and as this is my first listen to it, I think it's doing ok.

Don Williams - I'm Just A Country Boy - Meh. It's not offensive or annoying enough to hate. It exists and finishes quickly.

Slipknot - Snuff - About 15 years ago I might've liked this a little more than I do now, but it just has that noughties nu metal sound I have never been a fan of. If it was shorter it'd be a place higher.

Peppino Gagliardi - Che vuole questa musica stasera - Now this feels more authentic. It's just of something I don't really care for.

Not a one I did not enjoy and the eclectic sojourn of this list was a pretty entertaining one

ROUND 3

Concrete Blonde - Tomorrow, Wendy
A band I've loved and YET to really delve into. This, along with their rendition of Everybody Knows, they are both huge favorites of mine. So much so, I listened to a couple of them as I started on this.
Elevating it above my pick:

Pretty Reckless - Going To Hell The entire band is just "spot on" "balls out" serious f@ckin musicians that I've thrived on. Their musical growth over the span of their albums as been a f@ckin joy to listen to.
Oh, and GODD@MN!! the incredible visuals in their videos!! A nocturnal fest of visceral ecstacies.
Idiot Translation: "ShLt's f@ckin hot, man! Uh. . . like, you know, in a, like, artistic kinda hot shLt. Ya know?"

Beethoven - Symphony No. 5, Movement 4 Ahhh, an "ACTION" piece by the Lemmy of Classical Music.
I've wondered, when I listen to this, especially referring to the initial movements, if, that being deaf, such precision and depth created here, could be due to "feeling" the thunderous pulses. The scattering of higher strings that rise to a harrowing gallop is but rest points as we traverse to the next pounding. Such would, I imagined, assist Beethoven when performing such a piece. To physically feel the throbbing pulse of the music.
And, it's f@ckin awesome.

Peppino Gagliardi - Che vuole questa musica stasera Reading the previous reviews, I agree with the comparing of this, and "Too Darn Hot". This is authentic, TDH is commercialized.
I can envision the smoke-dense dives, where the soul of this song rises from. Having enjoyed such songs in, very much, such environs and loving it as if within a warm hearth.
VERY VERY nice.

Faith No More - Falling To Pieces Was on the fence with these guys when they came out. Did enjoy them as a warm-up to a Guns & Roses and Metallica concert I went to at the time. For the hits and misses of their songs for me, this is very much a hit and only resides here due to the songs above.

Nas - The World Is Yours Got up and threw shapes on this un. Hell and Yeah.

Don Williams - I'm Just A Country Boy Traversed back to childhood, sprawled out on the carpeted floor scarcely a few feet away from the screen, transfixed to Hee Haw.

Sazz Leonore - Too Darn Hot Another I feel bad about such a low position. And while some of it is the family-safe roots of this, it definitely does the trick for it. I do not disagree on that point.

Mark Lanegan - Strange Religion Another I enjoyed, though, honestly, I don't feel as bad regarding its placement. A great tonal, yet even-leveled traverse. This is simply walking forward from one insignificant point to a disinterested one. For me, it is the change-ups that make for a more adventurous voyage. (See those above in ascending order.)
Do NOT dislike, enjoyed the simple meander, but those above are there and it is here for said reasons. I state out of honesty, not cruelty.

Slipknot - Snuff I did get a chuckle out of @ynwtf 's statement regarding not quite understanding the pull of this band. Solid band. But, like ynwtf; never got connected to it. Have enjoyed the few Stone Sour tunes I've come across and for a quieter song from Slipknot, it is a good one.

Got a bit f@ckin wordy, didn't I? LOL

Just an inspiringly list on a relaxing Sunday, I guess

Oh, and I will try to be on later with next round's ballot.
Hush now, @Chypmunk - you'll jinx me.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@Chypmunk

I'm working on this now. I'd appreciate it if you would wait for me to finish. Thank you.

I'm sorry that I didn't do this sooner, but my father-in-law fell on Friday and broke his hip, and I just got back from spending most of the last three days at the hospital. (The surgery went well, but there were other complications from the fall.)