SONG TOURNAMENT 29

Tools    

The Warning - Unmendable VS. Cream-Swlabr

Johnny Hates Jazz - Shattered Dreams VS. Stone Sour - Through Glass (and it's not even close)

Arkona - Liki Bessmertnykh Bogov VS. ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man

Sandra - Everlasting Love VS. Frankie Goes To Hollywood - The Power Of Love

REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run VS. CMX - Kain

Johnny Kemp-Just Got Paid VS. Tomochika, Oniyakko Tsubaki, Naomi Watanabe and Shizuyo Yamasaki - Ghostbusters

Pet Shop Boys - Domino Dancing VS. Motion Device - War Pigs

Lit - My Own Worst Enemy VS. Ted Nugent - Stranglehold

Linkin Park - The Messenger VS. Soggy Bottom Boys - Man of Constant Sorrow (just so good Chester has the best voice of the 2000's)

The Belle Stars - Sign Of The Times VS. Elbow - The Fix

The Bangles - Walk Like an Egyptian VS. Boston - Peace of Mind

Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over VS. Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

I Know What Boys Like - The Waitresses VS. Ulver - So Falls the World

Ambeon - Sweet Little Brother VS. John Williams - Duel of the Fates

Kim Wilde - Keep Me Hangin' On VS. Breaking Benjamin - The Diary Of Jane

Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way VS. Queensryche - Silent Lucidity (first one is a guilty pleasure of mine. Silent Lucidity is just fantastic)

Opus - Life Is Life VS. ELO-Turn to Stone

Darius Rucker - Wagon Wheel VS. Mike & The Mechanics - Silent Running

Uriah Heep - Lady in Black VS. Blackhawk - Goodbye Says It All

Elvis Presley - Kentucky Rain VS. Netta - Toy

Sharon Shannon & Steve Earle Galway Girl VS. Secrets of the Moon - Man Behind the Sun

Dargaard - A Path in the Dust VS. Queen - I Want It All

Survivor - Is This Love VS. Three Dog Night-Never Been to Spain

Metallica - Enter Sandman VS. Alizee - Moi Lolita (Burned out of this song but it's still better than the other one)

Uriah Heep singer looks like the nerdiest hippy that ever walked the earth, but he's a good singer and probably got more babes back in the day than any man could have dreamed of.
Hensley was a good singer but he wasn't even the actual lead vocalist of the band, he just sang couple of songs. David Byron, the lead vocalist, was one of the greatest rock singers of all time, in my opinion.

Hensley was a good singer but he wasn't even the actual lead vocalist of the band, he just sang couple of songs. David Byron, the lead vocalist, was one of the greatest rock singers of all time, in my opinion.
Surprised I've never heard of Urial Heep nor have I heard that song before. It's awesome! And looking at him again, that singer actually resembles John Lennon from the late 60's with the long hair a bit.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

ROUND 1 DAY 4 & 5

Cream-Swlabr

Johnny Hates Jazz - Shattered Dreams

ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - The Power Of Love

REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run

Tomochika, Oniyakko Tsubaki, Naomi Watanabe and Shizuyo Yamasaki - Ghostbusters

Pet Shop Boys - Domino Dancing

Lit - My Own Worst Enemy

Soggy Bottom Boys - Man of Constant Sorrow

Elbow - The Fix

The Bangles - Walk Like an Egyptian

Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

Ulver - So Falls the World

John Williams - Duel of the Fates

Kim Wilde - Keep Me Hangin' On

Queensryche - Silent Lucidity

Opus - Life Is Life

Mike & The Mechanics - Silent Running

Uriah Heep - Lady in Black

Elvis Presley - Kentucky Rain

Sharon Shannon & Steve Earle Galway Girl

Queen - I Want It All

Survivor - Is This Love

Alizee - Moi Lolita

ROUND 1 DAY 4 & 5

The Warning - Unmendable VS. Cream-Swlabr-I quite enjoyed the first but it's outclassed here.

Johnny Hates Jazz - Shattered Dreams VS. Stone Sour - Through Glass-Even though the first sucks I kind of like it.

Arkona - Liki Bessmertnykh Bogov VS. ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man-Love ZZ but I've had enough time with that song and the other was good.

Sandra - Everlasting Love VS. Frankie Goes To Hollywood - The Power Of Love-Of course not as good as the original but still a good song.

REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run VS. CMX - Kain-The first has lost enough already in these tourneys but I can't go against it here.

Johnny Kemp-Just Got Paid VS. Tomochika, Oniyakko Tsubaki, Naomi Watanabe and Shizuyo Yamasaki - Ghostbusters-Johnny Kemp>>>Michael Jackson.

Pet Shop Boys - Domino Dancing VS. Motion Device - War Pigs-Tough call. That girl doesn't quite have the power to carry one of the greatest songs ever recorded, but I got a kick out of hearing it for the first time.

Lit - My Own Worst Enemy VS. Ted Nugent - Stranglehold-I love both and am going with the song that I can't remember being nominated before.

Linkin Park - The Messenger VS. Soggy Bottom Boys - Man of Constant Sorrow-Close call as I do prefer Linkin Park's heavier stuff.

The Belle Stars - Sign Of The Times VS. Elbow - The Fix-Just liked the first more.

The Bangles - Walk Like an Egyptian VS. Boston - Peace of Mind-Both are pretty used up so I'm just voting for the better song.

Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over VS. Survivor - Eye of the Tiger-Surprised I'm going this way but I felt the first more this time and the other has had many chances.

I Know What Boys Like - The Waitresses VS. Ulver - So Falls the World-The first is a guilty pleasure while the other put me to sleep.

Ambeon - Sweet Little Brother VS. John Williams - Duel of the Fates-The second is really not my thing.

Kim Wilde - Keep Me Hangin' On VS. Breaking Benjamin - The Diary Of Jane-Like both moderately.

Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way VS. Queensryche - Silent Lucidity-People must nominate the Backdoor Boys as a joke.

Opus - Life Is Life VS. ELO-Turn to Stone-The first was weird but ok.

Darius Rucker - Wagon Wheel VS. Mike & The Mechanics - Silent Running-Didn't particularly care for the first but it was good to hear some country.

Uriah Heep - Lady in Black VS. Blackhawk - Goodbye Says It All-The first is a good nom I haven't heard in a while.

Elvis Presley - Kentucky Rain VS. Netta - Toy-One of my favorites from The King.

Sharon Shannon & Steve Earle Galway Girl VS. Secrets of the Moon - Man Behind the Sun-Both ok.

Dargaard - A Path in the Dust VS. Queen - I Want It All-One of the few Queen songs I like.

Survivor - Is This Love VS. Three Dog Night-Never Been to Spain-Three Dog Night for president!

Metallica - Enter Sandman VS. Alizee - Moi Lolita-Sandman is incredibly boring for one of these tourneys.

ROUND 1 DAY 4 & 5

The Warning - Unmendable VS. Cream-Swlabr

Johnny Hates Jazz - Shattered Dreams VS. Stone Sour - Through Glass

Arkona - Liki Bessmertnykh Bogov VS. ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man

Sandra - Everlasting Love VS. Frankie Goes To Hollywood - The Power Of Love

REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run VS. CMX - Kain

Johnny Kemp-Just Got Paid VS. Tomochika, Oniyakko Tsubaki, Naomi Watanabe and Shizuyo Yamasaki - Ghostbusters

Pet Shop Boys - Domino Dancing VS. Motion Device - War Pigs

Lit - My Own Worst Enemy VS.
Ted Nugent - Stranglehold

Linkin Park - The Messenger VS. Soggy Bottom Boys - Man of Constant Sorrow

The Belle Stars - Sign Of The Times VS. Elbow - The Fix

The Bangles - Walk Like an Egyptian VS. Boston - Peace of Mind

Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over VS. Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

I Know What Boys Like - The Waitresses VS. Ulver - So Falls the World

Ambeon - Sweet Little Brother VS. John Williams - Duel of the Fates

Kim Wilde - Keep Me Hangin' On VS. Breaking Benjamin - The Diary Of Jane

Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way VS. Queensryche - Silent Lucidity

Opus - Life Is Life VS. ELO-Turn to Stone

Darius Rucker - Wagon Wheel VS. Mike & The Mechanics - Silent Running

Uriah Heep - Lady in Black VS. Blackhawk - Goodbye Says It All

Elvis Presley - Kentucky Rain VS. Netta - Toy

Sharon Shannon & Steve Earle Galway Girl VS. Secrets of the Moon - Man Behind the Sun

Dargaard - A Path in the Dust VS. Queen - I Want It All

Survivor - Is This Love VS. Three Dog Night-Never Been to Spain

Metallica - Enter Sandman VS. Alizee - Moi Lolita

1 The Warning
2 Johnny Hates Jazz
3 ZZ Top. Love this band was my first ever cassette tape i ever owned that was rock music
4 Frankie Goes To Hollywood
5 Reo Speedwagon
6 Johnny Kemp
7 Pet Shop Boys
8 Ted Nugent
9 Soggy Bottum Boys
10 Elbow
11 The Bangles
12 Survivor
13 I Know What Boys Like
14 John Williams
15 Kim Wilde
16 Backstreet Boys
17 ELO
18 Darius Rucker
19 Blackhawk
20 Elvis
21 Sharon Shannon
22 Queen
23 Three Dog Night and I only like White Snake song by the other names title
24 Metallica and there is no such thing as a boring song if your into the band and song.

Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way VS. Queensryche - Silent Lucidity-People must nominate the Backdoor Boys as a joke.
Does Andy Samberg look like he's joking?

Waiting on @honeykid to vote before we move on to ROUND 2
Doing this now. Half done already.

ROUND 1 DAY 4 & 5

The Warning - Unmendable VS. Cream-Swlabr - I thought the first was ok. But I like Cream's sound a lot. I don't really know much of their stuff but whenever I here something by them I like it.

Johnny Hates Jazz - Shattered Dreams VS. Stone Sour - Through Glass - Remember this when it came out. Liked it then, like it now. Again, the other is fine in a 'I don't remember what it sounded like' a few minutes after listening to it kind of way.

Arkona - Liki Bessmertnykh Bogov VS. ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man - Love this song. The other had no chance.

Sandra - Everlasting Love VS. Frankie Goes To Hollywood - The Power Of Love - I think pretty much any of the other 'big' Frankie tracks and it would've gone the other way. It's fine, but it's never been a favourite, whereas I've always loved Everlasting Love.

REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run VS. CMX - Kain - Sometimes when I vote for a classic rock track (or any genre but usually rock here) I wonder how much I'm voting for the familiarity of the song. Not knowing the other I had that in mind while I listened to Take It On The Run for the 500th time. Nah, I just like it more. That's all there is to it this time.

Johnny Kemp-Just Got Paid VS. Tomochika, Oniyakko Tsubaki, Naomi Watanabe and Shizuyo Yamasaki - Ghostbusters - I don't think I've heard Just Got Paid before. Don't know how, it's 80's to the max. Usually this would walk away with my vote, but I've been listening to the other for about 2 months now and I just love it. One of the reasons I played this was because I wanted to nominate it.

Pet Shop Boys - Domino Dancing VS. Motion Device - War Pigs - Not sure if I'd have voted for the original version of War Pigs over this and there's nothing wrong with that version, but it just doesn't sound right. Always liked Domino Dancing

Lit - My Own Worst Enemy VS. Ted Nugent - Stranglehold - The first song belongs to a type of music I don't really know, I call it American College Radio music. No idea if that's what's played there or not, but in my mind, that kind of 'rock' is very popular. I really don't care for it. Not a fan of the other but much prefer it.

Linkin Park - The Messenger VS. Soggy Bottom Boys - Man of Constant Sorrow - I don't mind this. It's not my kind of thing but it's better than that screeching crap.

The Belle Stars - Sign Of The Times VS. Elbow - The Fix - Love this song and don't like Elbow. Frankly I could've done this one without listening to either of them. Luckily I don't do that so I found that, to my surprise, I didn't mind The Fix. Still going with the opposition (it's one of mine) but I was surprised. Maybe they should play with an orchestra more often?

The Bangles - Walk Like an Egyptian VS. Boston - Peace of Mind - I don't watch the videos, but I've seen the video for Walk Like An Egyptian so many times that I knew exactly when to look at Suzanne look so sexy. Sure I'm not the only one. Not a favourite Bangles song, but an easy win.

Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over VS. Survivor - Eye of the Tiger - I don't know why but I've never liked Crowded House or that song. Always loved Eye Of The Tiger.

I Know What Boys Like - The Waitresses VS. Ulver - So Falls the World - The only thing wrong here is that The Waitresses won't win this tie.

Ambeon - Sweet Little Brother VS. John Williams - Duel of the Fates - I thought I'd go with the other, but it went on a long time or, at least, it seemed to. Williams kind of fades into the background then comes back at times but it's not intrusive or boring.

Kim Wilde - Keep Me Hangin' On VS. Breaking Benjamin - The Diary Of Jane - It's one of mine and I love it. Why do all 00's rock songs sound the same?

Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way VS. Queensryche - Silent Lucidity - It feels wrong, but the other is just dull and I always have appreciated a well crafted pop song. While I don't like the way they perform it, it's a well crafted pop song.

Opus - Life Is Life VS. ELO-Turn to Stone - I really like Life Is Life just because it's so 80's European and wasn't like anything I'd really heard back then. But Turn To Stone is really good and very nostalgic as, pretty much, that whole album is for me.

Darius Rucker - Wagon Wheel VS. Mike & The Mechanics - Silent Running - It's one of the few Mike & The Mechanics songs I don't mind, but I quite liked the other, so my vote goes there.

Uriah Heep - Lady in Black VS. Blackhawk - Goodbye Says It All - They're both horrible so I'll go for the shorter one.

Elvis Presley - Kentucky Rain VS. Netta - Toy - I bloody love this.

Sharon Shannon & Steve Earle Galway Girl VS. Secrets of the Moon - Man Behind the Sun - Dear God in heaven that first thing needs to die. Die now and die quickly.

Dargaard - A Path in the Dust VS. Queen - I Want It All - An easy win.

Survivor - Is This Love VS. Three Dog Night-Never Been to Spain - Not really anything to say about either of these. The second is quieter. I like that atm.

Metallica - Enter Sandman VS. Alizee - Moi Lolita - Voting against my own again because, for some songs, you just have to.

THE REMAINING 49

MOJOFILTER
REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run
Boston - Peace of Mind
Liam Gallagher - I've All I Need
Dave Matthews Band - Crash Into MeThe Sherlocks - Live for the Moment
Queen - I Want It All
Commuter - Young HeartsThe Jeff Healey Band - When the Night Comes Falling from the Sky

DEREK VINYARD
Alphaville - Big In Japan
Finger Eleven - One Thing
Rammstein - Ich Tu Dir Weh
Three Days Grace - Chalk Outline
Hall & Oates - Out Of Touch

PAHAK
Charlotte & Serge Gainsbourg - Lemon Incest
Uriah Heep - Lady in Black
Secrets of the Moon - Man Behind the Sun
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds & Kylie Minogue - Where the Wild Roses Grow
* Alt. Link
Motion Device - War Pigs
Coven - Black Sabbath
Tau Cross - Lazarus
Meg Myers - Desire

CRICKET
Three Dog Night-Never Been to Spain
Johnny Kemp-Just Got Paid
The Black Crowes-Twice As Hard
Cream-Swlabr
Nikki D-Daddy's Little Girl
ELO-Turn to Stone

NEDSTARK09
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
The Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down to Georgia
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
John Williams - Duel of the Fates
Phil Collins - You'll Be in My Heart
Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down

HONEYKID
I Know What Boys Like - The Waitresses

S'Express - Hey Music Lover* Alt. Link
Vanessa Paradis - Be My Baby * Alt. Link

NESTORIO_MIKLOS
Opus & Falco - "Rock Me Amadeus
Pet Shop Boys - It's A Sin
Elbow - The Fix

ROUND 2

Elbow - The Fix VS. REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run

Alphaville - Big In Japan VS. Vanessa Paradis - Be My Baby * Alt. Link

Soggy Bottom Boys - Man of Constant Sorrow VS. Charlotte & Serge Gainsbourg - Lemon Incest

Three Dog Night-Never Been to Spain VS. Meg Myers - Desire

Rammstein - Ich Tu Dir Weh VS. Elvis Presley - Kentucky Rain

The Sherlocks - Live for the Moment VS. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds & Kylie Minogue - Where the Wild Roses Grow * Alt. Link

Nikki D-Daddy's Little Girl VS. Kim Wilde - Keep Me Hangin' On

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - The Power Of Love VS. Hall & Oates - Out Of Touch

Coven - Black Sabbath VS. The Black Crowes-Twice As Hard

The Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down to Georgia VS. Queen - I Want It All

Phil Collins - You'll Be in My Heart VS. The Jeff Healey Band - When the Night Comes Falling from the Sky

Queensryche - Silent Lucidity VS. John Williams - Duel of the Fates

Pet Shop Boys - It's A Sin VS. Uriah Heep - Lady in Black

Three Days Grace - Chalk Outline VS. Ted Nugent - Stranglehold

Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down VS. S'Express - Hey Music Lover* Alt. Link

Dave Matthews Band - Crash Into Me VS. ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man

Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun VS. Opus & Falco - "Rock Me Amadeus

Johnny Kemp-Just Got Paid VS. Mike & The Mechanics - Silent Running

Liam Gallagher - I've All I Need VS. Secrets of the Moon - Man Behind the Sun

ELO-Turn to Stone VS. Boston - Peace of Mind

Commuter - Young Hearts VS. Metallica - Enter Sandman

Tau Cross - Lazarus VS. Johnny Hates Jazz - Shattered Dreams

Finger Eleven - One Thing VS. I Know What Boys Like - The Waitresses

Survivor - Eye of the Tiger VS. Cream-Swlabr VS. Motion Device - War Pigs

ROUND 2

Elbow still sounds good on round 2. The other isn't bad either but I need my fix.

Alphaville - Big In Japan VS. Vanessa Paradis - Be My Baby
Pretty tight pair but Be My Baby is better song.

Soggy Bottom Boys - Man of Constant Sorrow VS. Charlotte & Serge Gainsbourg - Lemon Incest
First is boring so I go for the incestuous trolling (which happens to be pretty good song too).

First is boring and I find its lyrics annoying. Desire on the other hand is pretty good and sexy.

Very close pairing. Very mediocre Rammsteins vs one of the better Elvis songs I've heard. Slight advantage for the king.

The Sherlocks - Live for the Moment VS. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds & Kylie Minogue - Where the Wild Roses Grow
The Sherlocks is fine but I go with beautiful murder ballad.

Kim Wilde isn't my favorite 80s girls but still much better than the rapped wannabe Cherry Bomb.

Don't really like either.

Occultism for the win over some silly birds.

The Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down to Georgia VS. Queen - I Want It All
First is OK, don't really like Queen that much.

Phil Collins - You'll Be in My Heart VS. The Jeff Healey Band - When the Night Comes Falling from the Sky
Both are little boring. Barely to Mr. Collins.

Two boring entries. I think my general dislike towards orchestral soundtrack music without the accompanying films forces me to vote Queensryche again.

Both are great songs but UH is just greater.

Nugent's song is still too long (yeah, I know you can play guitar so you don't have to play solos for minutes) but I don't like the other one.

Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down VS. S'Express - Hey Music Lover
I find many Cash songs boring and I, surprisingly, used to listen S'Express back in school so there's little nostalgia bonus.

At least ZZ Top wasn't as boring as the other.

One good song, on bad song... My vote goes to good one.

Not really a fan of either but still an easy choice.

Oasis and Liam are pretty dull but the other is great (and my nom).

Both are good but ELO little bit more so.

Commuter isn't bad but has no chance against a good Metallica song.

I'd rather rise from the dead than have my dreams shattered.

First is really generic but still wins because the other is just bad.

Oh boy, three good songs here. Cream is little below others but the other two pretty even. I'll go with my own nom for the principle but it's really a tie between Survivor and Motion Device.

ROUND 2

The Sherlocks - Live for the Moment VS. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds & Kylie Minogue - Where the Wild Roses Grow * Alt. Link

Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down VS. S'Express - Hey Music Lover* Alt. Link

ROUND 2

Elbow - The Fix

Alphaville - Big In Japan

Charlotte & Serge Gainsbourg - Lemon Incest

Meg Myers - Desire

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds & Kylie Minogue - Where the Wild Roses Grow * Alt. Link

Coven - Black Sabbath

Queen - I Want It All

Phil Collins - You'll Be in My Heart

ohn Williams - Duel of the Fates

Pet Shop Boys - It's A Sin

Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You

Falco - "Rock Me Amadeus

Liam Gallagher - I've All I Need

ELO-Turn to Stone

Commuter - Young Hearts

I Know What Boys Like - The Waitresses

Cream-Swlabr

ROUND 2

VS. Charlotte & Serge Gainsbourg - Lemon Incest

Rammstein - Ich Tu Dir Weh
VS. Elvis Presley - Kentucky Rain

VS. John Williams - Duel of the Fates

Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
VS. Opus & Falco - "Rock Me Amadeus

Commuter - Young Hearts
VS. Metallica - Enter Sandman

Three Dog Night-Never Been to Spain
VS. Meg Myers - Desire

The Sherlocks - Live for the Moment
VS. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds & Kylie Minogue - Where the Wild Roses Grow * Alt. Link

ROUND 2

ROUND 2

1 REO Speedwagon
2 Alphaville
3 Soggy Bottum Boys