JayDee's DVD Collection

Tools    

Here's what I've picked up over the last few weeks. A large number of them came from one particularly lucrative trip into Town a week or two ago. I came home with 11 DVDs for a total of just £21!

All About Eve
Boyz n the Hood
Duel
Gladiator, The
Manchurian Candidate (2004)
Philadelphia
Unforgiven

Marilyn Monroe Studio Stars Collection vol. 1 - Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Niagara, Bus Stop, River of No Return, Don't Bother to Knock, We're Not Married, Love Nest

Boy Meets World seasons 5 + 6

V – The Original Mini-series

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
You know, despite being a Tom Hanks and a Jonathan Demme fan, I've never seen Philadelphia.

+1 for those really good add-ins.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
You know, despite being a Tom Hanks and a Jonathan Demme fan, I've never seen Philadelphia.
Never actually seen it myself, it's one of the many blind buys among that last batch. In fact the only films I've previously seen are All About Eve (long time coming in adding it), The Gladiator and Watchmen. Have seen a large chunk of Gran Torino but not the whole thing.

Latest additions to my collection

Community season 3

Clint Eastwood vol.1 - Where Eagles Dare, City Heat, Heartbreak Ridge, Pink Cadillac, White Hunter, Black Heart
Dirty Harry Collection (all 5 films)

Aristocats, The
Benji the Hunted
Descendants, The
Dial M for Murder
Eiger Sanction
Flight of the Phoenix (1965)
Happy Feet Two
Jeremiah Johnson
Religulous
Shutter Island
Suspicion
Wall Street
Warrior
We Bought a Zoo

And then just yesterday I picked up the following group. Sainsburys are having a Entertainment Price Blitz and I got these 8 DVDs for £26. Pretty good considering 4 of them are pretty recent releases

50/50
Dead Man Walking
Mission Impossible – Ghost Protocol
Moneyball
Reversal of Fortune
Tombstone
We Need to Talk About Kevin
Woochi - The Demon Slayer

Aristocats, The
Benji the Hunted
Descendants, The
Dial M for Murder
Eiger Sanction
Flight of the Phoenix (1965)
Happy Feet Two
Jeremiah Johnson
Religulous
Shutter Island
Suspicion
Wall Street
Warrior
We Bought a Zoo

50/50
Dead Man Walking
Mission Impossible – Ghost Protocol
Moneyball
Reversal of Fortune
Tombstone
We Need to Talk About Kevin
Woochi - The Demon Slayer

+rep for the boldededed ones. Is that the original Wall Street? Or the inferior remake/reboot/remake/sequel/remake?

BREAKING NEWS!!!

We bring you a report today of perhaps one of my biggest ever bargains. I was at a memorabilia/collectors fair (yes I'm a geek, it's already been established! ) and along with picking up a few bits and bobs I got the following DVD set.

Clint Eastwood - 35 Films. 35 Years for £20!!!

While I have become a bit of a Clint fan of late this certainly wasn't something I was thining about buying but at that price could not resist. Especially when I wanted to pick up Tightrope at some point and that alone is about £6.

^Films included: 1. Where Eagles Dare, 1968, 2. Kelly's Heroes, 1970, 3. Dirty Harry, 1971, 4. Magnum Force, 1973, 5. The Enforcer, 1975, 6. The Outlaw Josey Wales, 1976, 7. The Gauntlet, 1977, 8. Every Which Way but Loose, 1978, 9. Bronco Billy, 1980, 10. Any Which Way You Can, 1980, 11. Honkytonk Man, 1982, 12. Firefox, 1982, 13. Sudden Impact, 1983, 14. City Heat, 1984, 15. Tightrope, 1984, 16. Pale Rider, 1985, 17. Heartbreak Ridge, 1986, 18. Bird, 1988, 19. The Dead Pool, 1988, 20. Pink Cadillac, 1989, 21. White Hunter, Black Heart, 1990, 22. The Rookie, 1990, 23. Unforgiven, 1992, 24. A Perfect World, 1993, 25. The Bridges of Madison County, 1995, 26. Absolute Power, 1997, 27. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, 1997, 28. True Crime, 1999, 29. Space Cowboys, 2000, 30. Blood Work, 2002, 31. Mystic River, 2003, 32. Million Dollar Baby, 2004, 33. Letters from Iwo Jima, 2006, 34. Gran Torino, 2008, 35. Invictus plus The Eastwood Factor (2009 documentary).

I heard some complain about the discs being double sided making them easy to smudge but for that price that's just a tiny problem.

Sweet Jesus, it's beautiful.
Glad you like it

And thanks to donnie for listing all the films after I forgot to.

Nice work with the Clint collection which contains the first ever UK release of The Rookie on dvd.

I still need to add that one along with Tightrope - naturally I've already seen both films a number of times on vhs - but will go for the R1 discs as I have a lot of these titles in other box sets.

Incidentally can you tell me if the cuts have been restored for this release of In The Line Of Fire ? The neck break and bag suffocation scenes are missing on the previous UK release.

Incidentally can you tell me if the cuts have been restored for this release of In The Line Of Fire ? The neck break and bag suffocation scenes are missing on the previous UK release.
No idea. Will try and have a look at some point and let you know

EDIT - What am I talking about? In The Line of Fire isn't even included in the set!

Whoops! Could have sworn I saw it on the list. My mind is playing tricks on me. Must be all the painkillers I'm on at the moment.

Shame they didn't include an uncut version instead of some of the duds like Honkytonk Man, Firefox, City Heat, Pink Cadillac, and Heartbreak Ridge.

Eased off with my DVD buying a bit of late. At least until I went on a bit of a spree the last few days. I had decided to try and actually clear off a bit of my watch list instead of constantly adding to it. That said, still picked up a bit over the last month or two

Mostly blind buys except the great Bull Durham which I finally picked up. One of my biggest oversights up till now. And I just had to buy and revisit probably the biggest show of my childhood, the Power Rangers!

Apocalypse Now
Black Sunday
Bull Durham
Cactus Flower
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
Donnie Brasco
Fantasia
Front Page, The
Insider, The
Moonrise Kingdom
Night of the Hunter, The
Punch Drunk Love
Raid: Redemption, The
Rollercoaster
Saturday Night Fever
Sleepers
Sunshine Boys (1975)

Kung Fu Dunk

Lip Service series 1
Six Feet Under season 1
West Wing season 1

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers season 1 vol. 1

BREAKING NEWS!!!

We bring you a report today of perhaps one of my biggest ever bargains.
Biggest bargain of my life was my Rapidshare account and multiple gigs worth of external harddrives.

And yet, even though I have literally thousands of films on those hard drives, there's just something about picking a DVD from your shelves and watching it on your TV with the box lying next to you. But with the amount I watch, when there's that big of a disparity between the cost of buying DVDs and the cost of a Rapidshare account, sympathies and preferences are easily forgotten or cast aside.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I just need the tangible DVD. I don't think I'll ever go external harddrive, unless they completely get rid of videos and DVD's, which could be a possibility