RIP Barbara Windsor

Tools    

2020 strikes again.

Breaking news... Barbara Windsor, famous for her appearances in the Carry On movies, and most recently as Peggy Mitchell, matriarch of the fictional Cray style family in the UK soap Eastenders since the 1990s... has died age 83 from Alzheimer's.

Such a personality, glad she eventually got some of the proper respect she was due.
Requiescat in pace Barbara!

2020 strikes again.

Breaking news... Barbara Windsor, famous for her appearances in the Carry On movies, and most recently as Peggy Mitchell, matriarch of the fictional Cray style family in the UK soap Eastenders since the 1990s... has died age 83 from Alzheimer's.
Was just gonna post this. 🙏✝️

What, no pictures? Here's one, I love her smile and her hair too!
Surprised you even know who she is. Or, do you?

Not by name. I've only seen her in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
where she's credit only as: Blonde
Got it. I’ve never seen her in a movie, but I knew who she was.

Yeah Barbara was more a British thing.

Known all over the UK for the Carry On movies, and Eastenders.
She was a national treasure tbh.

One of her most famous anecdotes was she used to hang around with the Kray Twins including dating the lesser known brother Charlie Kray and even had a one night stand with Reggie
Babs was loved by everyone in the UK. Sad news.

Loved Babs as most men my age did. Especially when we were boys.

She said she always knew when one of her friends sons had seen 'that' scene in Carry On Camping for the first time.

By all accounts, a lovely lady who always did her best to enjoy her life and do what she could regardless of how bad things were.

R.I.P Babs.

By all accounts, a lovely lady who always did her best to enjoy her life and do what she could regardless of how bad things were.
I think you’ve summed up the British mentality to life here.