Rodent's 1950-Present Sci-Fi and Futuristic-Fantasy Movies

→ in
Tools    

It was either that or Oblivion... or Elysium... or After Earth... yeah, 2013 was pretty poor.

World War Z is a decent movie though. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, which is why it got the placement.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I must be further behind on recent movies than I realized. The only movies listed from 2000 on that I've seen are Signs and Moon. I liked Moon, but I didn't care for Signs. I thought the ending was kind of lame.

I really want to see Guardians of the Galaxy, but I haven't found the DVD at the right price yet.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I got Guardians for £10 a couple weeks back. It's worth the 10 notes tbh.

That's about $15 in US dollars, right? That's still too much for me.

I'm cheap when it comes to buying DVDs. I buy a lot of DVDs, so I usually wait for them to hit Walmart's $5 bin, or even better, I buy a lot of garage sale DVDs for $1 or less.

It might even be on cable TV before I find the DVD, but I'll see it eventually. (I also DVR a lot of movies from TCM and other cable movie channels, and burn them to DVD until I can find the DVD at the right price.)

Yeah £10 is about $15.

It's the starting price these days for newly released DVDs. Makes a change from years ago when a new release would set you back £20 or £25.

Hope you lot enjoyed the list though. I had fun watching all those reps flooding in

Cheers guys!

I didn't find it that enjoyable tbh.

Jake isn't really a fave of mine either. He was excellent in Prisoners though.

It's your list, but I would have preferred to see The Incredible Shrinking Man for 1957 and The Time Machine for '60.
Nothing's preventing Marky from making his own list - instead he feels the need to chime in on others'

Was Book of Eli mentioned or did I miss it? I've heard very mixed stuff on that one and debating on watching it (I might just for Denzel Washington).

Is that not the point of posting a list?
Seems to me the point is to comment on the films themselves - not complain that the author didn't pick the movies you like.

Master of My Domain
Nothing's preventing Marky from making his own list - instead he feels the need to chime in on others'
Seriously man what's your problem with mark f?

Why try to turn a nice thread like this into a flame war... don't get it at all.

I wouldn't say anyone chimes in on other peoples' picks exactly.

It's kinda the point of making a list that people can comment, say what they do or don't like, and what they would have considered in place of the writer's choices.

If anything, I like the input... and the rep

Mark is also a MoFo with more movie knowledge than anyone I've ever met either on or off t'web, so just having him rep my choices, let alone comment, is quite an honour

Next up, you need to do a countdown for COMEDIES that you like. I don't know what makes you laugh. Besides me.

Not much makes me laugh.

Doubt I could put together a big list tbh.
I did a comedy Top 10 in my "Genres Kinda" thread.
10. Kingpin
9. Caddyshack
8. Ghostbusters
7. Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy
6. The Naked Gun Trilogy
5. Airplane!
4. Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
3. Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz (Current Two Of The Cornetto Trilogy)
2. The Big Lebowski
1. Dumb And Dumber

I just thought... I can keep adding to this list as the years go on.

New movie at the end of 2015, end of 2016, end of 2017 etc. If I'm still here, that is.

Let the night air cool you off
Seems to me the point is to comment on the films themselves - not complain that the author didn't pick the movies you like.
He merely told Rodent that he would have preferred two other movies...out of 65. And it gave him a chance to mention two other movies that maybe Rodent hadn't seen, and now he may watch them. Or perhaps he could tell Mark why he chose not to include them. It's not really a big deal.