full metal jacket: good or not so good

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
FMJ is a good movie, but not a great one like Apocalypse Now or Platoon, or Born on the Fourth of July, I would say.

I haven't seen all of Kubrick's movies, but I can rank FMJ within the ones I have seen:

1. Dr. Strangelove
2. 2001: A Space Odyssey
3. Eyes Wide Shut
4. Paths of Glory
5. The Shining
6. Full Metal Jacket
7. A Clockwork Orange

FMJ is a good movie, but not a great one like Apocalypse Now or Platoon, or Born on the Fourth of July, I would say.

I haven't seen all of Kubrick's movies, but I can rank FMJ within the ones I have seen:

1. Dr. Strangelove
2. 2001: A Space Odyssey
3. Eyes Wide Shut
4. Paths of Glory
5. The Shining
6. Full Metal Jacket
7. A Clockwork Orange
interesting list and thank you for your thoughts. I havent watch path of glory yet but it is rarely in people top 5 so if I may what did you love about that movie and do you recommend it to people.

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
if you are looking for a raw feeling then you must see platoon if you haven't yet. Known to Vietnam veterans as the most realistic of the big 3s ( platoon, ApoNow and FMJ)

I actually found Platoon to be feeling more contrived. Maybe it's the acting of Charlie Sheen that rubs me the wrong way.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
interesting list and thank you for your thoughts. I havent watch path of glory yet but it is rarely in people top 5 so if I may what did you love about that movie and do you recommend it to people.
Oh I just thought it was a really interesting based on a true story film, that was heartbreaking and got me angry, in a good way. I also really liked Kirk Douglas's character and got really into him.

It's kind of hard to put into words, but I just thought it was a good war movie. If I saw more Kubrick movies though, I am guessing it may go down on the list, but not sure.

I actually found Platoon to be feeling more contrived. Maybe it's the acting of Charlie Sheen that rubs me the wrong way.
well I watched like 45 minutes of it when i was 10 and haven't watched it again even tho I should soon so I dont know about charlie sheen acting but indeed it is not hard to believe that is acting is weid

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?

Paths of Glory isn't a war film for people who like war films. It is gripping, but not because of it's action scenes. It is intense, but not in a violent way. Primarily it functions as a hard-hitting anti-war drama—so if that's not what you're looking for you will be sorely disappointed.

Paths of Glory isn't a war film for people who like war films. It is gripping, but not because of it's action scenes. It is intense, but not in a violent way. Primarily it functions as a hard-hitting anti-war drama—so if that's not what you're looking for you will be sorely disappointed.
well right now im looking at every movie people tell me to watch and this seems lika an unique experience so ill gladly watch it thanks for the recommendation.
On another subject I dont know if I am the only one with this problem but I found finding movies like a real pain in the ___. I mean you cannot watch foreign movies on netflix, prime gplay or even itunes and buying movies is so exensive so I used to take them at the library but now I cant so it is a never ending research to find movies

Account terminated on request
On another subject I dont know if I am the only one with this problem but I found finding movies like a real pain in the ___. I mean you cannot watch foreign movies on netflix, prime gplay or even itunes and buying movies is so exensive so I used to take them at the library but now I cant so it is a never ending research to find movies
I use justwatch.com (or their app). BEAUTIFUL service. Used to have trouble with Starz films off and on, but I don't think any longer. It'll break down everything by cost.
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

...I found finding movies like a real pain in the ___. I mean you cannot watch foreign movies on netflix, prime gplay or even itunes and buying movies is so exensive so I used to take them at the library but now I cant so it is a never ending research to find movies
Have you checked your local library? They often have lots of DVDs for borrowing. Well maybe right now they don't because of the coronavirus. Also check out Youtube, there are tons of free movies there, some are pay per view, but only $2.99-$3.99