Best asian movies

Tools    

what are the best asian movies that are not japenese , korean or iranian ?
Indian cinema is the best place to look if you are feeling adventurous. And I'm not referring to your stereotypical Hindi movies (or "masala" movies with over-inflated budgets, superstar actors turned politicians churned out by the industry) but to regional cinema especially Tamil, Malayalam and Bengali.

Don't forget China, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Lots of hidden gems to be discovered beyond period dramas and martial art flicks.

Sorry for my bad English :p
Indian cinema is the best place to look if you are feeling adventurous. And I'm not referring to your stereotypical Hindi movies (or "masala" movies with over-inflated budgets, superstar actors turned politicians churned out by the industry) but to regional cinema especially Tamil, Malayalam and Bengali.

Don't forget China, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Lots of hidden gems to be discovered beyond period dramas and martial art flicks.
thats why i said no japanese or iranian or korean , i shouldve said no indian too because im familiar with those cinemas, im looking for hidden gems.
could you suggest some titles please ?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Romancing in Thin Air

But you need to be a film buff, love cinema, love life etc.

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

This is an amazing film.. but watch it as a whole (not part 1 and then part 2, there are scenes cut).

You are talking about the largest continent. Pretty hard to list the "best". You can only get snippets of what all the countries have to offer. India alone has more 20 movie industries in it, churning out 1200+ movies a year.

I recommend the early work of wong kar-wai so I can quote: Fallen angels, chungking express, in the mood for love or even 2046. They all are loving story that in my opinion are not cheesy. I can also recommend the 1990s hong kong cinema that bring an entire imaginary to the U.S. think of the matrix dojo slowmotion moment. It is 1990s hong kong action cinema at is best. In hong kong action I also recommend tsui hark or john woo.

We cannot also forget Tawain cinema and Edward yang the mastermind behind yi yi or even the younger generation of filmmakers in south east asia like Anthony chen and ilo ilo that I haven't watched but was recommended by director Kore-Eda

anyway have fun and have a nice day

If you like youtube I can direct you to a nice ?chinese? youtuber who made a top 50 chinese movies with movies of each genre is name is accented cinema and the video is: 50 chinese Movies you should watch before you die

You are talking about the largest continent. Pretty hard to list the "best". You can only get snippets of what all the countries have to offer. India alone has more 20 movie industries in it, churning out 1200+ movies a year.
i'm not really looking for the 'best' per se , i'm just looking for good recommandations from countries that i'm not really familliar with their cinema industry.

If you like youtube I can direct you to a nice ?chinese? youtuber who made a top 50 chinese movies with movies of each genre is name is accented cinema and the video is: 50 chinese Movies you should watch before you die
thanks man , you've been a great help !

From India I can say, Khosla's Nest (comedy), Lucia (drama), A Wednesday (thriller), Ship of Theseus (drama), Gangs of Wasseypur 1 & 2 (action), Like Stars On Earth (drama), Baishey Srabon (murder mystery), Japanese Wife (drama), Pan Singh Tomar (true story). There are more. But these are the good ones I can mention for now and more recent. Give them a go and see if you like them.

Ash is Purest White:

Kaili Blues:

I need to see YiYi too
yes yiyi is amazing perhaps a bit long (nearly 3 hrs) but never boring and many people say that the monologue in blade runner is insane b ut at the end of yiyi there is an amazing monologue as well

The best Chinese movie I've seen so far is 17 Years (1999) by Zhang Yuan.

I want to watch more of his films, but they are hard to find.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The best Chinese movie I've seen so far is 17 Years (1999) by Zhang Yuan.
Sorry to break it to you, but even though I haven't seen this film, I'm entirely sure it's not nearly as accomplished and moving as The Road Home from the same year.

Sorry to break it to you, but even though I haven't seen this film, I'm entirely sure it's not nearly as accomplished and moving as The Road Home from the same year.
Don't so readily dismiss it - I can certainly vouch for its quality.