Nope (Jordan Peele)

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I haven't seen any films by Peele but they all seem very black-centric. Do you have to be black to like them?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Not at all. I'm about as white as a guy gets and really like Peele's movies, which have a pithy way of rising above their genre. He's a geeky guy who loves horror movies, unlike a lot of horror directors who seem to be slumming, earning a living or whatever. He uses a lot of old school horror devices and puts his own spin on them, also writes and directs...an auteur. IMO, he's my favorite horror director since early John Carpenter. You don't have to be black to like his movies, only reasonably cognizant of American culture and race. They're not movies about race, but movies that take place in a racialized culture, like ours.

It's like, in Get Out, when you thought you knew what was happening...black guy, white girlfriend, out in the woods way down south, churlish racist cops and traumatized black house servants. The real danger in the plot is something quite different, still using race but in a different way than what you expect.

I haven't seen any films by Peele but they all seem very black-centric. Do you have to be black to like them?
I’m white and I loved all three.